Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's important to remember the age of the group, on the weekend a rebuilding team with tiring youngsters in Carlton were 21 days younger on average than the Bulldogs. Carlton had 5 players 21 and under the Bulldogs had 7. Even when you take the age out a bit further to youngish players 25 and under it was Carlton with 14 and the Bulldogs with 16.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People who think Adelaide will be looking to get two first rounders have to remember that he's out of contract. Two firsts is what you ask for when you have the leverage (Carlton with Gibbs). Adelaide will settle for a first and a second if he requests a trade. If they will accept that for DANGERFIELD they will accept it for Lever.

Last edited:
What about if we first found the picks in the later rounds?
Considering he was pick 11 or so in his draft, im basing my opinion on that he has only added to his value. One top ten pick with steak knives maximum or I could stomach two late teens picks.
In the end im just a nuffy on a couch with no idea. If the deal falls through I'd back Dal with whatever picks he is given.

Maybe that was the plan all along. Sign Hamilton for an additional year and use him and his Jarman connection as trade bait to Adelaide for Lever. Astute list management strategy by us. ;):p

One could even say we're planning on using him as... Lever-age

......I'll show myself out. It's been a long Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Lever so highly but another little issue I have is these hamstring problems that are popping up. I think I saw someone say that his current hamstring issues could be related to his previous ACL where they use the tendon as he graft (possibly explains Bobs hamstring issues this year). I'm sure the club is all over this though.
Agreed but then I also remember how many issues Easton had with his hammy's and now they seem to be over it, maybe our medical staff can do similar things with Lever.

Ugh. Surely Dale's worked hard enough to secure his spot that he won't be an arrogant prick about it on field.

don't worry there is no arrogance with Bailey

FWIW I'm hoping he can develop into the next Keith Greig. :)

While they won't turn down a first rounder, if they end up getting first round offers from us, the Demons and the Saints then I wouldn't put it pass them to accept a lesser offer from either of them before us. They did take it really hard over the Talia situation in 2015 which was handled in a dodgy manner by the AFL.
Player has to agree to the trade, as he is still technically contracted during the trade period which limits the Crows' power.

Where do we get the 2nd pick from? future 2018?

Yep.

Big price, but I think it's about right. He's ridiculous.

And isn't 2018 supposed to be a much better draft? And the Crows may not finish as high as they will this year. So a 2018 2nd has good value.

Yep.

Big price, but I think it's about right. He's ridiculous.

And isn't 2018 supposed to be a much better draft? And the Crows may not finish as high as they will this year. So a 2018 2nd has good value.
Quick tip - every draft is a superdraft one year out. I highly doubt the 2018 pool will be a stronger draft than 2017 by any major stretch. It will probably run slightly deeper, but there isn't going to be that much of a difference in player quality for a 2018 vs 2017 second rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back