List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you figure? I'm going to assume we can pay 105% of the cap in 2018 and 2019 and we will have players such as Sandi, MJ, Dawson, D Pearce, Griffin, Ballas, Suban (?) Mundy (?) that will all be retiring. We'll have plenty of cap space and likely a top 5 pick in this year's draft. We could still throw big $ at Tom Lynch next year as a FA. We've tried luring KPF's in the past with big $ and none have wanted to come west. What makes you think we'd be able to change that in the future?

We might not be able to ! But if you throw another 1.2m or more at someone that will be 2 players taking up 2.5 mil of the cap I'm no genius ( I once got 39 / 100 on a state mandated maths test ..Dan ) but that would be risky.....no?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicnat earns $1m / y.
Given the 20% bump on the recent CBA, NN would be in at least 1.1 - 1.2m.

Fyfe is getting about that for 6 years and

Fyfe >>> NicNat.

Also Pav and Sandi both earned about $1m/y at the peak of their contracts. Fyfey is getting equivalent.

Well worth it if you ask me.

But those guys were all coming off a sustained period of excellence

If nicnat had a set back with his knee and missed another 6 months , was off contract next year and leading up to resigning his form was good but not his best would he get 1.2m again ?

We might not be able to ! But if you throw another 1.2m or more at someone that will be 2 players taking up 2.5 mil of the cap I'm no genius ( I once got 39 / 100 on a state mandated maths test ..Dan ) but that would be risky.....no?

Not really much point losing Fyfe and saving money for only the potential of a big fish KPF is there?

I mean look at the eagles - amazing forward line, often get smashed in the middle and lose.

In your alternative scenario we lose our best mid and may not even get the KPF (hasn't worked for us so far). Someone will pay for Fyfe if we don't. There's a genuine argument about form but that's really why we're paying ~1.1 not 1.4 isn't it.

But those guys were all coming off a sustained period of excellence

If nicnat had a set back with his knee and missed another 6 months , was off contract next year and leading up to resigning his form was good but not his best would he get 1.2m again ?

Yes. If not from West Coast he would certainly get it from an Eastern States club. It only takes one to make an offer.

Fyfe signing and the guesstimated terms puts us in good stead to get one M.McGovern with the real possibility of putting a price on his head to get a low ball trade or force to the pre-season draft of which we would be in poll position.

Fyfe signing and the guesstimated terms puts us in good stead to get one M.McGovern with the real possibility of putting a price on his head to get a low ball trade or force to the pre-season draft of which we would be in poll position.

With JJ signing I think this is the short term goal. Next would be signing J.McGovern on a godfather free agent deal.

Not really much point losing Fyfe and saving money for only the potential of a big fish KPF is there?

I mean look at the eagles - amazing forward line, often get smashed in the middle and lose.

In your alternative scenario we lose our best mid and may not even get the KPF (hasn't worked for us so far). Someone will pay for Fyfe if we don't. There's a genuine argument about form but that's really why we're paying ~1.1 not 1.4 isn't it.

But we don't lose Fyfe for nothing do we ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great news.
How many times did Pav re-sign with Freo over 17 years? And for how much per contract and year?

"I saw Roger Federer just won Wimbledon at 35. My hope is that I can still be in pretty good condition at 31, 32." Fyfe said.

How many matches in total could he end up playing, by the end of his AFL career?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've enjoyed the first few chapters of the Book of Fyfe so far and I reckon Nat plans to write quite a few more exciting chapters in the years to come.

I think I'll choose to read what he writes and ignore the ill informed negative opinions from all those Tall Poppy Syndrome sufferers.

I don't get the hysterics on here and in the headlines around the quantum of his contract. He's agreed to a deal that's akin to what Pav and Sandi signed on for at their peak of their powers yet the salary cap has increased significantly since then including the 20% uplift just settled. Clearly, winning a flag is more important to him and he has bought in. Dover's comments below reinforce this.

"The contract is also significantly less than he might have been able to demand of his own club but Fyfe wanted to leave the Dockers room in their salary cap to keep young talent and chase new recruits, according to his manager Jason Dover."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ixyear-deal-with-dockers-20170717-gxcjmq.html

Pleased with this news. Only thing that stops me from unbridled happiness is that I never felt he'd leave. A guy who says "I live or die for the Fremantle Football Club and would do anything for them" is simply not someone who is going to up sticks 2 years later... Once he is fully recovered from his broken leg people will remember how much better than Dangershank he is. I can't believe how quick people have been to write him off this year.
Now I WOULD be more excited if Balic signed. Not because he will be better than Fyfe - though I think he will be very,very good - but just because it would be a pleasant surprise

I don't get the hysterics on here and in the headlines around the quantum of his contract. He's agreed to a deal that's akin to what Pav and Sandi signed on for at their peak of their powers yet the salary cap has increased significantly since then including the 20% uplift just settled. Clearly, winning a flag is more important to him and he has bought in. Dover's comments below reinforce this.

"The contract is also significantly less than he might have been able to demand of his own club but Fyfe wanted to leave the Dockers room in their salary cap to keep young talent and chase new recruits, according to his manager Jason Dover."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ixyear-deal-with-dockers-20170717-gxcjmq.html
Yes. He is clearly in the Pavlich /Sandilands bracket so we have a pretty reasonable deal. In addition we have a tribe of young players coming through for whom he is an icon. Getting his commitment is exactly what the club needs.

Pleased with this news. Only thing that stops me from unbridled happiness is that I never felt he'd leave
Ditto no surprise whatsoever.
Similarly unsurprising that he has passed on the option to gouge his club of choice.
Bell,Pavlich,Mundy and Fyfe;our recent lineage line of selfless champions.
I like it.

95 pages on our board, countless others on BF, the endless speculation on social media, radio and TV and in the end, he did what he said he was going to do.

I know speculation and BS is part of the fun but that's a bloody lot of wasted energy!
Pffttt. Amateur.

Check out the Bennell thread: 305 pages, 7600+ replies, 444000+ views.

Would the latter part of his 6 year deal be covered under veterans? Can't remember what % that is but if so, that'd also help with our overall team salary cap which would make this deal even better...happy days

Would the latter part of his 6 year deal be covered under veterans? Can't remember what % that is but if so, that'd also help with our overall team salary cap which would make this deal even better...happy days

Veterans isn't that good a thing anymore. They started phasing it out a few years ago.

If anything it's probably front loaded like they've done with Pav and others in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back