List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to trade in MJ type backmen , Alex Pearce might need some time to come back and Collins will be out either delisted or somebody will take him, Cox has been playing forward , logue ( currently playing ibbo role ).
Another Johnno would be nice but we already have bulk KPDs, especially since Cox is also a natural backman.

People on here are talking me into Fogarty. Wonder if he could develop to have a similar forward line presence to Danger from Saturday?... Has the attributes doesn't he? Powerful, good hands and a better kick than what I have seen. Him and Fyfe rotating through forward mid might work.

Still prefer an actual KPF though.

Another Johnno would be nice but we already have bulk KPDs, especially since Cox is also a natural backman.

People on here are talking me into Fogarty. Wonder if he could develop to have a similar forward line presence to Danger from Saturday?... Has the attributes doesn't he? Powerful, good hands and a better kick than what I have seen. Him and Fyfe rotating through forward mid might work.

Then just play Cox in backline , I am sick of players playing sore until it affected the team overall performance . Hamling need to wait until Saturday to do fitness test , MJ normally only trained properly on friday as Monday and Wednesday he go through light session .

Then just play Cox in backline , I am sick of players playing sore until it affected the team overall performance . Hamling need to wait until Saturday to do fitness test , MJ normally only trained properly on friday as Monday and Wednesday he go through light session .
Agree with that. Not sure why we play players below 100% in a rebuilding year. I would understand if we were challenging.

Agree with that. Not sure why we play players below 100% in a rebuilding year. I would understand if we were challenging.
Langdon is one example that been rush back and reinjured himself. Now he can't even go through a proper peel game without been sore the following week .

On freo side I will do this deal but not sure Adelaide want to do this though .

Don't think The Crows will have a say in it if we put a price on his head.
Give them a 3rd rounder or late second for him and put away the crack pipe - don't trade away the low pick for this.
Get him in the PSD

Don't think The Crows will have a say in it if we put a price on his head.
Give them a 3rd rounder or late second for him and put away the crack pipe - don't trade away the low pick for this.
Get him in the PSD
Won't happen.

If we get MGov it will cost us a first (probably in a package) or at the very least a second rounder. This is the exact reason I don't want him this year. Let him mature at Adelaide and pick him up in a few years when we are getting closer to a challenge.

Our core group will be quite strong. I suppose it is all about timing. Other clubs are getting better as well.

Pie in the sky but how good would it be having Daniher up forward in the no.26. Probaly my favorite non freo player

He is a bit of a beast. Much lower risk than Brander who would be the KPF alternative. Being a SA player is a plus too.

Won't happen.

If we get MGov it will cost us a first (probably in a package) or at the very least a second rounder. This is the exact reason I don't want him this year. Let him mature at Adelaide and pick him up in a few years when we are getting closer to a challenge.
I agree that PSD is not going to happen. WC will step in before he goes PSD. Seriously over the past theee seasons has there even been a PSD pick at all and prior to that Zac Dawson and Kirt Tippett were the best of a very bad bunch.

But why wait if he nominates Freo then we need to make it happen. After last season I think we have a better feel on making appropriate trades happen. We got inventive and effectively based on value McCarthy and Hamling were traded for picks in the mid to late 30's and Kersten a pick in the 60's which has turned out to be about right on face value.

My view only is that McGovern is around pick 25 value (give or take a little) and there is no reason why we can't get a pick like that or otherwise offer a future 2nd round pick.

It is non-negotiable that we keep our top 10 pick. It's all good comparing our 2016 downgrade to pick 7/8 last year but dropping to pick 16/17 is just madness. The talent drops away at that pick and becomes more of a lottery. Consider our recent picks around that mark (Sheridan-2011, Simpson-2012, Apeness-2013).

If someone wants to pay overs for our first pick and gives us a lower top 10 pick with a second round pick as well then I'm all for it.

I assume there is a reason why MMcGov would come to Freo over playing with his Brother at westcoast, can anyone enlighten me?

I think we have to go an Brander type... we have enough forwards at 190-194 cm. just a thought with Alex Pearce back next year. If MJ stays could he go forward for a year or 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume there is a reason why MMcGov would come to Freo over playing with his Brother at westcoast, can anyone enlighten me?

If you don't understand why someone would want to play for the Dockers and spit in the Eagles general direction, regardless of having family affiliated with that rabble, you don't belong here.

Good day.

So looking at the Ladder Predictor the only chance we have of playing finals is if we win every single game (13 wins) - 12 wins with our percentage could see us finish well outside of the 8.

We've got now:

Hawks (Home)
GWS (Away)
Gold Coast (Home)
Sydney (Away)
Richmond (Home)
Essendon (Away)

The two games in Sydney are almost guaranteed losses taking us out of finals contention. The draft-pick then will really be dictated by how we go in the other matches. Gold Coast, Richmond and Essendon are all semi-winnable - Hawks is probably another likely loss.

In terms of draft-picks if we manage to win 3-4 out of final 6 we're probably looking at 10th-12th finish - meaning a draft pick of No 7 - 9.

If we only manage a win or two out of final 6 (perhaps Gold Coast and Richmond/Essendom) then we're more likely for a 13th-15th finish - so a pick around No 4 - 6.

I'm not saying tank but it might be a damn good idea to experiment as much as possible and play a full-youth policy (which we effectively are) and get closer to option 2. Pick 5 and under in this draft will be simply sensational.

Round 20 is big, if the Suns beat us and Collingwood beats North we can finish below them.

On my ladder predictor Essendon are playing us, with a win knocking West Coast out of the finals.

North losing to Brisbane (who had beaten Carlton at home this week) gets them pick #1 in the last game of the year.

Round 20 is big, if the Suns beat us and Collingwood beats North we can finish below them.

On my ladder predictor Essendon are playing us, with a win knocking West Coast out of the finals.

North losing to Brisbane (who had beaten Carlton at home this week) gets them pick #1 in the last game of the year.

Yep - I'm not even keen for us 'tanking', in a perfect world we fight honorably and maybe lose by a few points against Essendon, Richmond and Hawks. I want us to keep demonstrating we can keep up with the middle to higher-middle teams to instill a sense of belief for next year. What we don't want is to win all those matches by a few points and finish 9th-11th.

Draft picks are not as important as how you use them anyway. We don't look at Lachie Neale and go "he was taken with pick 50+ - why'd we bother" do we. A higher draft pick means a higher chance of a good player but I'm not sure one or two spots are actually going to make that much of a difference. That and I think these KPPs in this draft are being a touch overrated simply because we need them. Could actually be better off swapping first round picks for McGovern as that's about where a lot of the KPPs we are talking about are going to go. I'm not sure the gap between say Allen/Naughton and the Victorian guys is actually as high as is being made out either.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Draft picks are not as important as how you use them anyway. We don't look at Lachie Neale and go "he was taken with pick 50+ - why'd we bother" do we. A higher draft pick means a higher chance of a good player but I'm not sure one or two spots are actually going to make that much of a difference. That and I think these KPPs in this draft are being a touch overrated simply because we need them. Could actually be better off swapping first round picks for McGovern as that's about where a lot of the KPPs we are talking about are going to go. I'm not sure the gap between say Allen/Naughton and the Victorian guys is actually as high as is being made out either.

Top 5 picks are priceless. I think picks between 15 and 25 are over rated.

If you don't understand why someone would want to play for the Dockers and spit in the Eagles general direction, regardless of having family affiliated with that rabble, you don't belong here.

Good day.
Ahh so no real reasons then I see. Damn..

I can easily see personally because I love Freo. I was more wanting to know if there was a reason specifically for Mitch when I can easily see the balancing point toward west coast is having a brother there. Like the Hills for us.

Perhaps a history between Mitch and Freo or a mention of something in the media?

But I see there's nothing but hope.. fair enough.

Ahh so no real reasons then I see. Damn..

I can easily see personally because I love Freo. I was more wanting to know if there was a reason specifically for Mitch when I can easily see the balancing point toward west coast is having a brother there. Like the Hills for us.

Perhaps a history between Mitch and Freo or a mention of something in the media?

But I see there's nothing but hope.. fair enough.

His Dad played for the club and he supported us prior to being drafted.

I think if we want a tall forward then we are probably looking at Brander or perhaps Fogarty and will need pick 3-5 to ensure that. The less specific KPPs/Defenders will be available later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back