Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions_Insider Feedback rather than a question.

I've attended the player sponsor function a few times now, and though it is always a good evening,
last nights was probably the best organised.

Well hosted by Mitch, most of the players present.
The autograph books were a nice touch and gave a means to break the ice for some of the shyer players and attendees.
Food was slightly less good than previous years, but all up a really positive function again.

Just wanted to reiterate an idea....

would be fun for the club to do a 'combine' flashback. Get their parents to come (how cute).

Have fans guess through the website who the top 5 & bottom 5 are for each event, and a prize for any fan who guesses all correct.

Even do another comp for players nominee: parent, sibling, partner... have them do the tests to and we can guess who'd be top 5 and bottom 5... again with prizes.

Beep test, vertical jump, kick, clean hands, etc.

Curious as to why there was no tour this year as part of the player sponsor function evening?

Was looking forward to it!
Hello,
Glad to see you made it to the function! Did you enjoy it overall? The tours are not usually a component of the function, just something nice we have added on the past couple of years. Due to the change in function room, it was logistically difficult to factor this in and we thought members may enjoy the extra time in the room mingling with all the players. Hope this helps :)

Just wanted to reiterate an idea....

would be fun for the club to do a 'combine' flashback. Get their parents to come (how cute).

Have fans guess through the website who the top 5 & bottom 5 are for each event, and a prize for any fan who guesses all correct.

Even do another comp for players nominee: parent, sibling, partner... have them do the tests to and we can guess who'd be top 5 and bottom 5... again with prizes.

Beep test, vertical jump, kick, clean hands, etc.
Nice idea, we'll put it to the team - might be a good off-season piece.

Lions_Insider Feedback rather than a question.

I've attended the player sponsor function a few times now, and though it is always a good evening,
last nights was probably the best organised.

Well hosted by Mitch, most of the players present.
The autograph books were a nice touch and gave a means to break the ice for some of the shyer players and attendees.
Food was slightly less good than previous years, but all up a really positive function again.
Great to hear your feedback, thanks for posting! Always keen to hear your thoughts on these things :)

Hello,
Glad to see you made it to the function! Did you enjoy it overall? The tours are not usually a component of the function, just something nice we have added on the past couple of years. Due to the change in function room, it was logistically difficult to factor this in and we thought members may enjoy the extra time in the room mingling with all the players. Hope this helps :)

The function was terrific and so were the players - no complaints from me. Really enjoyed Mitch Robinson's Q&A.

Hi all,

We're opening the invite to our Big Footy regulars to our Brisbane Lions fan forum this week.

During the session, we'll be discussing our digital, marketing & match day efforts as well as the future of the club and would love you to be there to offer your feedback.

When: 6pm, Wednesday 19 July
Where: The Gabba

If you are interested, please send us a message - limited spots available.

Thanks

Hi all,

We're opening the invite to our Big Footy regulars to our Brisbane Lions fan forum this week.

During the session, we'll be discussing our digital, marketing & match day efforts as well as the future of the club and would love you to be there to offer your feedback.

When: 6pm, Wednesday 19 July
Where: The Gabba

If you are interested, please send us a message - limited spots available.

Thanks

So, we should make suggestions like we do in the banner thread?

We celebrated this anniversary in Round 1 v Gold Coast SUNS at Metricon (Carrara) as well as a 30th Anniversary function on Saturday 1 April ahead of our first home game (Round 2 v Essendon) - details here: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-01-25/30year-bears-anniversary. From all reports, it was a successful event!

We also launched the new Bears-inspired clash guernsey earlier this year which we've worn a number of times this season - http://www.lions.com.au/clash

Greatest clash guernsey we've ever had! We should keep it for eternity!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm one of the members who elected to get Tayla Harris on their membership card. Given what has happened with her, I would assume that the Club won't be offering any AFLW players on cards in the future?

I'm one of the members who elected to get Tayla Harris on their membership card. Given what has happened with her, I would assume that the Club won't be offering any AFLW players on cards in the future?

I honestly don't see the connection really.

A few years ago I got Jack Redden on a membership card. In the circumstances I assume that the club will never offer any curly haired players on cards.

On HTC 2PS6200 using
BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in the process of finalising membership cards now however I don't suspect that we would remove any use of AFLW players in the future because of that reason - our AFLW players are a large part of our club now and going forward.

I honestly don't see the connection really.

By the end of May she was wearing a Carlton jumper! It feels weird to see her on my card for the bulk of the season with her not being part of the Club any more. At least any of the men's team will be around for the usable life of my membership card!

harris-760x438.jpg

Lions_Insider .. Where does the club stand with the sponsorship of Majestic due to their apparent disappearance from all online sites?......or do they just have a new name due to change of ownership?

Wondering what the story is with them and where it leaves us..

Where does the club stand with the sponsorship of Majestic due to their apparent disappearance from all online sites?......or do they just have a new name due to change of ownership?

Wondering what the story is with them and where it leaves us..
So you are asking has Majestic left us with the Emporers new clothes?

I would just ask the club to keep Roy as an option. Historically every player I choose either gets traded or cops a season ending injury. Not taking the risk anymore.
What did Roy ever do to you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back