Prediction Clarkson says he can win a premiership within 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

We then added Ellis, Birchall, Dowler, Thorp, Rioli and Muston to the list during 2005-2007 and yet apart from Ellis and Rioli none of them were even required to play a part in the 2008 flag. So that's just 2 players in the previous 3 drafts. Don't forget Birchall!

We don't need a soft draw.

We don't really want one either, In what I believe will be a development year you want to be playing the very best, will assist in developing our youngsters with more exposure to the top teams.

I believe that Clarko can convert water into wine.
I believe that Clarko can walk on hot coals without breaking a sweat.
So I believe that Clarko will deliver us another cup within 4 years.

4 years is a long period in AFL, probably even more so at Hawthorn; we've successfully built/re-built premiership contending teams twice within the previous two 4-year-windows!

I'm very optimistic about what Clarkson can achieve again with Hawthorn. However, I survey and scrutinise our current list and I don't think there's enough top-end talent ATM. Competitive, yes, but certainly not the same recipe we were so lucky to create back in the 2001 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean that Clarko is not leaving to coach Collingwood or the Gold Coast ;)

I think Clarko is big on legacy. Unless the Board and he have a big disagreement, he will want to do something like be a single club coach, break all records and show he can rebuild and go for two separate tilts...

Does this mean that Clarko is not leaving to coach Collingwood or the Gold Coast ;)

I think Clarko is big on legacy. Unless the Board and he have a big disagreement, he will want to do something like be a single club coach, break all records and show he can rebuild and go for two separate tilts...

There was a subtle hint of "stick that up your arse Tony Greig" in my comment :p

4 years is a long period in AFL, probably even more so at Hawthorn; we've successfully built/re-built premiership contending teams twice within the previous two 4-year-windows!

I'm very optimistic about what Clarkson can achieve again with Hawthorn. However, I survey and scrutinise our current list and I don't think there's enough top-end talent ATM. Competitive, yes, but certainly not the same recipe we were so lucky to create back in the 2001 draft.
2013 flag seemed like yesterday.

I think people need to get there head around another trade period where we move players on while they still have currency.

I think its impossible, I think if we are bottom 6 we can only get one top 6 team twice.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If you think that its impossible for us to get 2 top 6 teams if we are in the bottom 6

Call me cynical, but I reckon we'll get shafted in that respect somehow

One thing is certain with our fixture:

Our Tassie games will be in off-peak time slots against unattractive opposition.
Meanwhile, down in Hobart, North will get prime time and high-profile games.

Just coincidence, of course...:rolleyes:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If you think that its impossible for us to get 2 top 6 teams if we are in the bottom 6

Now I know the AFL * us over where possible but I think this one is a rule that any bottom 6 team may receive no more than 1 return match against a top 6 team. The problem is it does not matter much, they will just give us Geelong x 2 and we will lose twice. Our record is pretty reasonable against the other top 6 sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back