Bluemour Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, sorry, but I believe Matty Wright IS "cutting it'. He is one success story we do have up forward.
Lamb and Sumner - young developing players who were stifled by lack of opportunity at their previous club - getting regular games for us. They're doing fine.
Pickett? We were warned not to expect to see much this season, since he has a lot of catching up to do in terms of fitness and conditioning. Raw talent is in there, I'm prepared to wait and see what emerges.

They may not all make it, but I don't see how you can just write off four young players at a stroke like that, who haven't been at the club very long.

It's just my opinion, no need to get upset.

Of course I hope I'm wrong but just basing it on what I've seen.

Do I think he's going to cut it as a premiership small forward, well I'm not sold yet.

Clay Smith is a premiership small forward.

Matty will be fine if we have good enough players around him.

Yes, I am talking moreso about the role he will play in our arrival team.
I agree charlie is capable of midfield roles, but atm he is really required to do that running in the forward line and create SEPARATE leading opportunities to levi.

I see chf written all over him. Love his versatility endurance competitiveness aerial strength and ground skills to make it hard for any can to match up on. With increased physical maturity, he is the package Chf.

No but I got the impression with the way things currently stand he will come to us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder if GWS go close to a premiership and we continue to have a poor end to the year, which is very likely with our injuries, if it would change Kelly's mind.

Would have to think a strong finish to the year would help entice him to come to us and Gibbs to stay...yes they'll be able to see we've had injuries, but it might just suggest to them we are still a bit too far away to stay. We could get a bad run of injuries next year as well.

I think Kelly knows enough about SOS, can see what he is building and where we are headed.

I wonder if GWS go close to a premiership and we continue to have a poor end to the year, which is very likely with our injuries, if it would change Kelly's mind.

Would have to think a strong finish to the year would help entice him to come to us and Gibbs to stay...yes they'll be able to see we've had injuries, but it might just suggest to them we are still a bit too far away to stay. We could get a bad run of injuries next year as well.
I've watched GWS for the last 6 weeks and I don't think they're as close to a flag as they were last year .

Those guys are not backing each other .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree charlie is capable of midfield roles, but atm he is really required to do that running in the forward line and create SEPARATE leading opportunities to levi.
No reason why Charlie couldn't play midfield for the rest of the year, and Mckay debut and play forward.

I think Kelly knows enough about SOS, can see what he is building and where we are headed.

Destination club and will continue to be once we can get a talent like Kelly in, I am sure he may be able to attract further talent in years to come especially from the Giants, must get him.

Looking at the curnow progression in his second year. I can't wait to see what willo, SPS, fisher and polson do in their second. If they all have a similar rise in development we could be in for a very promising future.

I'd love to see polson come in for sumner and play a run with role for the remainder of the year. Rockliff, Selwood, TMitchell, Kennedy (Syd), SMitchell, ZMerrett. This will be a huge learning curve and help his development.

Looking at the curnow progression in his second year. I can't wait to see what willo, SPS, fisher and polson do in their second. If they all have a similar rise in development we could be in for a very promising future.

I'd love to see polson come in for sumner and play a run with role for the remainder of the year. Rockliff, Selwood, TMitchell, Kennedy (Syd), SMitchell, ZMerrett. This will be a huge learning curve and help his development.
Polson has a shoulder injury - not sure how severe yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back