List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am i carrying on? Just saying if lever picked us we would offer your our 1st rounder plus whatever else gets the deal done. Can't see us giving up any of our CONTRACTED young talent
Well put your muscles back in and move along.

If he goes i agree.. We need to trade harder.

Danger was pathetic. Gore...

I don't know why you're mentioning the steak knife as the main part of that deal.

It was for a 1st and a 2nd which was the guts of that deal, perhaps we could have got more, perhaps we get stuck in a stalemate until the last day where we accept that and then can't do anything else, who knows. Odds are what we got was what we were going to get, seeing Geelong were free to trade their other first for Henderson and hamstring us into that deal, or PSD.

Had Danger been contracted, it's pathetic, Dangerfield wasn't though which massively lowers the price we can get.

Someone on the rumor board thinks Pendlebury will be offered for Lever. If so I think we do this deal with pick upgrades for us.
Throw in Sidebottom. Deal done.

The only thing you can say for Daniel is he tries really hard.

he's not tall, he's not strong, he's not fast, he isn't an elite disposal.

He definitely is an elite disposal.

There is no possible chance he would have gotten drafted without it, seeing how limiting his height is to his career.

How am i carrying on? Just saying if lever picked us we would offer you our 1st rounder plus whatever else gets the deal done. Can't see us giving up any of our CONTRACTED young talent

Yeah yeah yeah, Geelong supporters said the same thing about Fakerfield but we got a CONTRACTED Dean Gore back so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles and their first rounder and i would do that deal. We want to win a flag and he's a Rolls Royce of midfielders

That's an IKEA start the car moment.

Ryan Burton has signed on for a further two years. If only it was that easy for us.
https://www.zerohanger.com/hawks-young-gun-signs-contract-extension-13991/

Very different situation to us with Lever.

In Levers case, this is actually the ideal time to sell him to another club. Yes he's a gun defender, but he's going to be expensive, primarily a loose defender in our system (which is not an area you want a lot of cap space tied up too) and we haven't built our defense around him which means he'll have more value elsewhere then here.

If you can use him as a bargaining chip to bring in a blue chip midfielder and a draft pick, it's the smart move.

I don't know why you're mentioning the steak knife as the main part of that deal.

It was for a 1st and a 2nd which was the guts of that deal, perhaps we could have got more, perhaps we get stuck in a stalemate until the last day where we accept that and then can't do anything else, who knows. Odds are what we got was what we were going to get, seeing Geelong were free to trade their other first for Henderson and hamstring us into that deal, or PSD.

Had Danger been contracted, it's pathetic, Dangerfield wasn't though which massively lowers the price we can get.
Fair enough he was steak knives but we could have got something better. Player or pick.

Of course, you're damn stupid to do anything differently as drafting is an inexact science and lessening the pool of available talent is asking to be stuck at the bottom of the table; especially considering SA system is absolutely terrible at developing potential draftees (getting better, but still is miles behind WA and Victoria).

Players are always going to leave, no matter what we do due to that is what the AFL, and the AFLPA want. When that happens, you want as much collateral as possible, doubly important in a system that is absolutely ****** for the selling team.

To have a couple of players leave, and get scared off because of that is simply doomed to failure.
Lol.."a couple of players"

A Brownlow medalist,
A captain and one of the best kpd's,
A 3 time premiership winning gun forward

"A couple of players"

Very different situation to us with Lever.

In Levers case, this is actually the ideal time to sell him to another club. Yes he's a gun defender, but he's going to be expensive, primarily a loose defender in our system (which is not an area you want a lot of cap space tied up too) and we haven't built our defense around him which means he'll have more value elsewhere then here.

If you can use him as a bargaining chip to bring in a blue chip midfielder and a draft pick, it's the smart move.

Yeah fair point mate, if we were to bring in Lewis Young as the replacement it would be a buy low sell high comparison .
I didnt see his game but if he could be somewhat comparable to Levers output then we couldn't be too unhappy as we would also likely have another first rounder and/or picks our sleeve like you say to secure another gun midfielder

Lol.."a couple of players"

A Brownlow medalist,
A captain and one of the best kpd's,
A 3 time premiership winning gun forward

"A couple of players"

Dangerfield hurt, but it's a draft pick we absolutely smashed out of the park and had for half of his career.

Considering we were in a position to replace Davis with an equally young, and one who ended up being a better player in Talia, he doesn't prove your point. In fact, arguing about Davis makes an absolute mockery of your point.

Gunston was one that hurt as we lost him before it he got going, and lost a bit of potential value.

Tippett hurt, but even then considering his injury history, we got rid of him at the right time (despite it was our hand being forced).

In most of those cases (except Davis as he is a SA pick), the alternative next pick SA player isn't even close in quality.

My mail is we have another Mardi situation in the works where Jakes girlfriend wants to go to Melb. Apologies if this has come up before.
Not too much of a stretch to believe that.

Jake, you get more money if we go back home. And you want to stay because...?

We're the George Costanza in this negotiation. You can stay FURTHER away from home for LESS money.

"You know, the basic idea of negotiation - as I understand it - is to get your price to go up."

How am i carrying on? Just saying if lever picked us we would offer you our 1st rounder plus whatever else gets the deal done. Can't see us giving up any of our CONTRACTED young talent
Lever is worth pick 2 in this draft so with the pick you have you'll have to start by offering 2017 1st and 2018 1st as a minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back