Does Dangerfield exaggerate injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotty revealing tonight that Dangerfield had broken ribs as a result of the last Hawthorn game. Played through that game and didn't miss a single week. What a machine.

"If there is a tinge of seriousness there, I'll counter with the fact that Patty played through broken ribs earlier in the year without a peep so my experience with him is that he deals with pain pretty well. Maybe we have different experiences and different perspectives."

sounds like Cornes got his info from adelaide players so there maybe substance to it. I think he fits that mould of player who are finely tuned super athletes who react like being shot if slightly injured. ala a Serena Williams. no shame in it, its just the way he is. Serena Dangerfield has a nice ring to it

One of his best mates and business partner is Rory Sloane. I've got zero doubt his info was correct.
He gets knocks... certainly. He gets injured without doubt... it's the carry on and attention slutting (on and off field) that makes him insufferable.

This is about Cornes being a flog.

Yeah he wasn't really hurt he just wanted to go off for a while to let the Hawks catch up. FOOLS!!!!!

How did this end up being about dirty sniping Hodge who a lame Danger made look like a first gamer?
cool story.

I think cats fans and even their coach are missing the point. Cornes didn't say he doesn't play through pain or is weak, he said he plays it up was told to stop being an attention seeker by team mates. I tend to agree with him, paddy looks dead one minute then comes back like nothing the next.

I think cats fans and even their coach are missing the point. Cornes didn't say he doesn't play through pain or is weak, he said he plays it up was told to stop being an attention seeker by team mates. I tend to agree with him, paddy looks dead one minute then comes back like nothing the next.

100% they're missing the point no one ever said he's weak or a s**t player

sounds like Cornes got his info from adelaide players so there maybe substance to it. I think he fits that mould of player who are finely tuned super athletes who react like being shot if slightly injured. ala a Serena Williams. no shame in it, its just the way he is. Serena Dangerfield has a nice ring to it
Their kid would be an unstoppable force.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A footy fan would just rejoice in watching a player put together a game like that. Truly, it's your loss.
True footy fans hate fakes. Exhibit A -lloyd. Exibit B - Selwood. Exhibit C- Paddy making a name for himself with vigour. Starting to throw in 1 too many dives now too which eventually will have even the more 'slow' footy fans such as yourself catching on in due course.

True footy fans hate fakes. Exhibit A -lloyd. Exibit B - Selwood. Exhibit C- Paddy making a name for himself with vigour. Starting to throw in 1 too many dives now too which eventually will have even the more 'slow' footy fans such as yourself catching on in due course.
Haha, like I said if you didn't enjoy Dangerfield's game it's your problem and you have my sympathy.
Ps. It's just a pity roughy feels so desperate that he has to try and get him every game isn't it?( broke his ribs last time-didn't stop him though-he is tough hey) Was Selwood your players went after for years because he was too good, now it's our current best player.
Such a dirty team you have there pelchy!
Wow bigfooty-sure is becoming the home of the sad sacks isn't it? And so many in the brown and yellow colours. Weird.

Last edited:
Loved Zac Tuohy speaking about how Danger calls himself "Wiz" as he is a self proclaimed Wizard on the field . And you know what he bloody well is .
He has that look of being somewhat smug but it is just that he is a bit special in many ways , he is a funny lad , a bit nerdy , and his arrogance is both backed up and balanced with a self deprecating edge . Definitely a unique individual and his style and say a Chad Wingard can rub people the wrong way with their demeanor . Chad is very humble off the field and both are bloody good citizens and freakishly talented footballers so any outward show of cockiness needs to be taken for what it is .
It does not define them as people and if you are that good at something generally you have an air about you .
Dangerfield is clearly the best player in the competition and putting a gap on the rest of his peers .
We were lucky to have him for 8 years but he is Geelong , any Crows fans that feel bitter are pretty twisted .
Bring on Friday night and then a fair chance of another matchup in the finals .

Last edited:
Told to stop being an attention seeker. You say that like it is fact. Cornes never played with Dangerfield. He could be making it up or misinterpreted through Chinese whispers. Dangerfield called Cornes statement completely false and said it never happened. Who are we to believe. The guy who wasn't even there? That doesn't pass through the fact filter.

One of his best mates and business partner is Rory Sloane. I've got zero doubt his info was correct.

Dangerfield has refuted that any such conversation ever took place. So, unless Sloane, or someone like Scott Thompson or Taylor Walker comes out and backs Cornes, I'd be inclined to go with Dangerfield.

Again, I'll ask: did Cornes have any observations about Sloane's own interesting reaction to an injury on Saturday night? Because that would appear to me to be a much bigger issue in the game than anything Dangerfield does. On current form, I would expect Cornes to bag Dangerfield out if he'd done what Sloane did against Melbourne, and laud Sloane if he'd done what Dangerfield did.

But Cornes seems like so many in the media, who picks and chooses who he'll take a potshot at, based on whether he's mates with them or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back