Scape Goat TRTT Part 5: A Good Day to Ken Hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000s was amazing for film tbh. I'll have to take a look at what I've got and put a list up.
A more considered response:

Mulholland Drive
The Proposition
Howl's Moving Castle
Inland Empire
Best in Show
Juno
In The Loop
Let the Right One In
The Lives of Others
Dancer in the Dark
Antichrist
Inglourious Basterds
District 9
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Spider-Man 2
Wall-E
Downfall
No Country for Old Men
Control
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Host
Shine A Light
Hot Fuzz
Zodiac
Brokeback Mountain
Grizzly Man
Capote
Spirited Away
Sin City
The Incredibles
Minority Report
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
The Watchmen
Donnie Darko
Kill Bill - Vol 1
Best in Show, lol. Love that movie. Some of these are questionable tho... Donnie Darko, Sin City...

I don't remember Howls Castle that well but I always thought that was the worst of the Ghibli films I've seen.

Is this a general movie discussion or specifically related to a certain decade?

Either way Inglorious Bastards was s**t.

Sent from mTalk

Darko is a horribly horribly over rated load of trash.

The director then went onto make 'the box' which is a horrific mess and 'tales from the Southland' which I rate as the worst film ever made , and I've had to watch 100's of student films ffs.

If ever there was a quintessential body of work to embody the old if you make something so horrendously stupid people will pretend to understand it so they don't look like they don't get it .... it's that guys work.

Granted, but Cimino made purified dog poo after The Deer Hunter. It's still The Deer Hunter.

Besides, it's easily Jake Gyllenhaal's premier work until Three Days After Yesterday.

I don't remember Howls Castle that well but I always thought that was the worst of the Ghibli films I've seen.

It's good but not as good as the others. Hated Billy Crystal as the voice of Calcifer.

2000s was amazing for film tbh. I'll have to take a look at what I've got and put a list up.

Best in Show, lol. Love that movie. Some of these are questionable tho... Donnie Darko, Sin City...

Howl's Moving Castle was the first Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movie I saw so I remember it fondly.

I like Donnie Darko but can understand the earlier comment that it's probably over-rated based on Richard Kelly's later movies - he's a Lynch wannabe.

Sin City, like Watchmen, is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basterds was really fun. Christoph Waltz was incredible. What's your beef?

I didn't find it fun, I found it like QT got sucked up in to his own a-hole and made a movie about it. All the things people like about his style, dialled up so highly they became unbearable. Waltz was indeed incredible but he couldn't save it. I'd prefer to watch them reunite in Django.

It was too much for me.

A more considered response:

Mulholland Drive
The Proposition
Howl's Moving Castle
Inland Empire
Best in Show
Juno
In The Loop
Let the Right One In
The Lives of Others
Dancer in the Dark
Antichrist
Inglourious Basterds
District 9
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Spider-Man 2
Wall-E
Downfall
No Country for Old Men
Control
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Host
Shine A Light
Hot Fuzz
Zodiac
Brokeback Mountain
Grizzly Man
Capote
Spirited Away
Sin City
The Incredibles
Minority Report
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
The Watchmen
Donnie Darko
Kill Bill - Vol 1

PS - Chopper

Talking about Australian Westerns at dinner the other night, and I say The Proposal instead of The Proposition... oops.

The_Proposal.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-playing the Resident Evil remake.
One of the few times in any media I can think of that a remake has surpassed the original completely.

Although, the original 1996 game will always have this:

*This must be the NTSC version; the PAL intro vid was less gory (and was black & white).

I stumbled upon some amateur cam pr0n doing a Resident Evil role play once.

It was very engrossing, they really got in to character.

Basterds is superb. The two big suspense scenes (opening + cellar) are among the best of their kind ever done. And Shoshanna's revenge prep to the strains of Bowie's Cat People; simply incredible.

Final line: "this might just be my masterpiece"... damn right!

Store manager during job interview:

"Okay, so, we had a bit of problem with hold-ups. We had a few hold-ups. Actually, we got held-up a-lot. Not so many since I started. Just the one. Last week. Anyway, that's why we went to a cashless store. We don't keep any cash in the til. Not a cent. So now they just steal alcohol and cigarettes. And chips."

Might have literally dodged a bullet by not getting that gig...
Yeah, I've vowed never to work in a school tuck shop again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back