Roast Government trying to Kill Centerlink/Welfare

Remove this Banner Ad

So let me try to get this right.
BIGNEDKELLY is wrong because he prefers to post some facts but your right with your amazingly simplistic argument that it's all the fault of international students.
OK then.
thanks for joining
talking vacant properties state of the world , unlevel playing field
know a few working more than 20 hours do you
own a 7 11 paying 6 bucks a hour are you
its all about our living standards mate and the lowering of them, its systamatic,ingrained and makes us a joke o/s , but * everyone else your ok
you reckon neg gearings a winner do you , happy to have no civil services , you reckon the yanks are doing it ok
facts are good but he is obvious with his bias andrews this andrews that uber your kidding
he didnt bring it in
it was inevitable
its australian wide and unless im mistaken andrews has no pull in other states
simplistic enough for even you
Mr einstein

From a purely functionally economic point of view the simple "unemployment rate" is almost irrelevant to me in 2017. What is of major concern (and what people hate to admit saved us from catastrophic effects of GFC) to me is the level of underemployment, particularly amongst the youth of Australia.
so overseas students working more than 20 hours could be diminishing the amount of employment available then
thanks for agreeing its a huge issue
gonna get worse too now as they plan on bring in au pairs (slaves) from o/s as well
butlers,maids , drivers pool boys
we must be the new jakarta

thanks for joining
talking vacant properties state of the world , unlevel playing field
know a few working more than 20 hours do you
own a 7 11 paying 6 bucks a hour are you
its all about our living standards mate and the lowering of them, its systamatic,ingrained and makes us a joke o/s , but **** everyone else your ok
you reckon neg gearings a winner do you , happy to have no civil services , you reckon the yanks are doing it ok
facts are good but he is obvious with his bias andrews this andrews that uber your kidding
he didnt bring it in
it was inevitable
its australian wide and unless im mistaken andrews has no pull in other states
simplistic enough for even you
Mr einstein
I have no idea what you are trying to say in the above text.
Are you saying all the above is the fault of international students.
Sorry mate but I honestly don't understand a word of what your trying to say in the above text or what your point is.

Sorry mate but I honestly don't understand a word of what your trying to say in the above text or what your point is.

At least he is very passionate in his views? :huh:

what im saying is the history of this country and most Western countries shows we love slave labour
. snowy scheme
. great ocean road
.langs asbestos mine winternoom
all used migrant labour and fu..ed them and their families all up for many many years
in the 50s Unions stood up to them established RIGHTS for all and then the current generation thru pure greed and diversionary tactics has found a way to exploit a few more suckers , thus denying people a decent go in pursuit of profit
Its not the students fault they just wanta survive , but most come here with an aim not to study but work
its the government who dont police it as it suits them, there mates get a easy ride
another big one is farming, lots of so called seasonal workers , rice farming provides access to new asian stock at brothels ect.
who would you employ a student on 70/80 a day or a mature aussie on proper conditions .
you know once a employer does it once he will keep doing it
So Ottoman if you have Kids or are planning maybe its something you should get around
unless of course your lot are the 10% who are benefitting

what im saying is the history of this country and most Western countries shows we love slave labour
. snowy scheme
. great ocean road

Perhaps a revision of this statement should be considered. My understanding of it's history is that 2400 returning servicemen from WW1 and 600 civilians built it.

Marvel of engineering, ingenuity, determination and one of my favourite places on the planet. :)

Perhaps a revision of this statement should be considered. My understanding of it's history is that 2400 returning servicemen from WW1 and 600 civilians built it.

Marvel of engineering, ingenuity, determination and one of my favourite places on the planet. :)
maybe 2 out of 3
bit like umpiring all up to interpretation, on the snowy people ive met they remember if you fell in a hole and couldnt get em out QUICK simple your had your mates concreted in .
so spare a thought for them when you admire your favorite place and consider the effort that went in building this country and ask yourself should we be giving it away on a whim.
or should we be protecting our investment

maybe 2 out of 3
bit like umpiring all up to interpretation, on the snowy people ive met they remember if you fell in a hole and couldnt get em out QUICK simple your had your mates concreted in .
so spare a thought for them when you admire your favorite place and consider the effort that went in building this country and ask yourself should we be giving it away on a whim.
or should we be protecting our investment

Mining has always been one of the most dangerous professions in the world, and most rewarded. Contractors were making up to 50 pounds a week, double the average wage. Many were from overseas, over 100,000 people worked on the scheme. Given our population was 9 million at the time where else were we going to find the labour?

Mining has always been one of the most dangerous professions in the world, and most rewarded. Contractors were making up to 50 pounds a week, double the average wage. Many were from overseas, over 100,000 people worked on the scheme. Given our population was 9 million at the time where else were we going to find the labour?
rewarded to whom every heard of a proper wage and conditions
bhp o/seas owned
rio same
ginas money all from absestos (WA enjoy that 24 cents a tonne), wouldnt share with her own family
pay a vist to social security see all the Aussies
our asetts ned
havent even started on fossil fuels, roads ect
watch 4 corners this week great expose on Trump and his toll road in Indonesia another example
closing of STREET vendors in Thailand
opinion

Interestingly enough I have my wife's amended 15-16 return in front of me atm, out of $102,290 tax assessed, $40,080 went towards welfare.
Really? need an accountant, should be around the $30k mark.

Tax isnt just for welfare, unless you consider roads, defence, education as welfare

Problem the Mining Boom is Dead

Really? need an accountant, should be around the $30k mark.

Tax isnt just for welfare, unless you consider roads, defence, education as welfare

I think you may have misread. The 102 290 was the amount of tax she paid, not her total income. There is a bar graph on the second page. It states the breakdown of where your tax is spent. $40,080 was spent on welfare. Not an opinion one way or another just an interesting stat that was on the table in front of me at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you try and piss off big business to much they simply move overseas and cripple our economy.

Forcing lazy dole bludgers (and there are lots of them, with no disability or anything) to start working is only a positive.
Or you could take Trumps approach, if the move operations then don't allow them to trade freely in our market

Not always, if there is a substitute like there are for cars there would be a minimal impact on price.

Perhaps Trump is a visionary and forsees the end of the petro-chem combustion motor and is influencing the movement of operations overseas so that the US has the ability move faster on its replacement without thought of endangering as many US jobs....

Perhaps Trump is a visionary and forsees the end of the petro-chem combustion motor and is influencing the movement of operations overseas so that the US has the ability move faster on its replacement without thought of endangering as many US jobs....
Haha, visionary idiot. It's his ego that won't allow anybody to bully I think.

Umm...what?
It's unlikely that applying taxes or trade barriers to companies that choose to move operations elsewhere would increase prices. For most products there are substitutes, there will always be somebody willing to fill a void in a competitive market.

Same principle should apply for companies that don't pay their tax here.

Did you vote for those who are now sacking you?

It's rude to ask who a person voted for, and just as rude to answer, so I'll reply in the nicest possible way - who, me, vote for this pack of invertebrates, this mob who's best claim to fame is that they're a festering boil on the backside of progress, the current crew who's only true talent is opening wide and saying ah while another right wing "think tank" (aka donors) ram their pusillanimous pudenda down the eager throats of the front benches receptive throats!

Anyhow, I think I'd best sign off before I inadvertently disclose my true feelings visa vie the current Australian Government.

Yours discreetly

Smokey

Or you know, attendance at job interviews.

Why are we championing lazy campaigners?

haha their $450 per fortnight must go a long way after rent, food, electricity etc etc. Must be a great life style, so rich, $ bills everywhere.

I think you may have misread. The 102 290 was the amount of tax she paid, not her total income. There is a bar graph on the second page. It states the breakdown of where your tax is spent. $40,080 was spent on welfare. Not an opinion one way or another just an interesting stat that was on the table in front of me at the time.

Maybe if companies stopped with 475 visas more Aussies could be gainfully employed.

Half our work force on our mine site is Kiwis or Indonesia (mainly mechanics they don't want to put on any apprentices). I know a heap of Aussies who have put resumes in but can't even get a look in as they pay these people about $5 an hour less (initially).

Make no mistake, there are people on unemployment benefits who are lazy and don't want to work. Could not agree more. And I agree these people are a disgrace. But to suggest that this useless layabouts are anything but a tiny minority....I have to disagree, and quite strongly might I add.

It's often said that it's the most obvious things right in front of us that go unnoticed. Some time ago I had a bloke explain the unemployment issue to me. He said that without a doubt, there are people who are lazy and happy to sit on the Dole and not interested in working. Well and truly, no question about it. But these represent a tiny percentage. They are definitely there, but they are anything but the majority. He said that if we could actually provide secure, stable, full-time employment for those people that really did want a job, then those remaining (the so-called "Dole Bludgers") would be so few and far between, it wouldn't even be worth talking about.

People think that if you shift the goal posts, you can't expect the rules to change....utter nonsense. In regards to Australia's economy, we haven't just shifted the goal posts, we've ripped them out of the ground, chucked them in the back of the ute, then driven into the next hemisphere. We've outsourced virtually every job offshore, and what few jobs remain have been taken over by computerisation and automation. And to add insult to injury, we've ramped up our Rent-a-Slave Immigration and Foreign Visa Worker numbers to levels not seen since the end of World War 2. In fact Australia has one of the highest levels of immigration, per head of capita, than just about anywhere else in the world. And this has a double-edged effect - not only does it send housing prices through the roof (because of increased demand), it freezes/pushes down real wages (which haven't increased in real monetary terms since the 1970's). So now the ratio of job seekers to job vacancies has reached levels unprecedented in modern history. Yet in this economic environment, we expect people to get off welfare. I'm not mentioning this to give a platform for all the bigots and Hansonites to start abusing migrants and Muslims, as I utterly despise racism and thoroughly embrace multiculturalism. But many of our policies need a massive overhaul - particularly those related to Immigration and Foreign Visa Workers. And that's just a start.

As mentioned above, there are some lazy bludgers, and they seriously give me the sh*ts. But the political and corporate elite in this country need a serious reality check. What I've mentioned below is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs...extended-interview-with-mark-carnegie/7506504

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/02/23/4183437.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/02/23/4183437.htm#transcript

"But there's one fundamental problem: there are many more unemployed people than there are available jobs."

I'm not saying it's okay for those that are lazy to be patted on the back - far from it. But until we fix this mess, don't expect the Dole Queues to get any shorter. In fact you can expect them to grow.

Make no mistake, there are people on unemployment benefits who are lazy and don't want to work. Could not agree more. And I agree these people are a disgrace. But to suggest that this useless layabouts are anything but a tiny minority....I have to disagree, and quite strongly might I add.

It's often said that it's the most obvious things right in front of us that go unnoticed. Some time ago I had a bloke explain the unemployment issue to me. He said that without a doubt, there are people who are lazy and happy to sit on the Dole and not interested in working. Well and truly, no question about it. But these represent a tiny percentage. They are definitely there, but they are anything but the majority. He said that if we could actually provide secure, stable, full-time employment for those people that really did want a job, then those remaining (the so-called "Dole Bludgers") would be so few and far between, it wouldn't even be worth talking about.

People think that if you shift the goal posts, you can't expect the rules to change....utter nonsense. In regards to Australia's economy, we haven't just shifted the goal posts, we've ripped them out of the ground, chucked them in the back of the ute, then driven into the next hemisphere. We've outsourced virtually every job offshore, and what few jobs remain have been taken over by computerisation and automation. And to add insult to injury, we've ramped up our Rent-a-Slave Immigration and Foreign Visa Worker numbers to levels not seen since the end of World War 2. In fact Australia has one of the highest levels of immigration, per head of capita, than just about anywhere else in the world. And this has a double-edged effect - not only does it send housing prices through the roof (because of increased demand), it freezes/pushes down real wages (which haven't increased in real monetary terms since the 1970's). So now the ratio of job seekers to job vacancies has reached levels unprecedented in modern history. Yet in this economic environment, we expect people to get off welfare. I'm not mentioning this to give a platform for all the bigots and Hansonites to start abusing migrants and Muslims, as I utterly despise racism and thoroughly embrace multiculturalism. But many of our policies need a massive overhaul - particularly those related to Immigration and Foreign Visa Workers. And that's just a start.

As mentioned above, there are some lazy bludgers, and they seriously give me the sh*ts. But the political and corporate elite in this country need a serious reality check. What I've mentioned below is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs...extended-interview-with-mark-carnegie/7506504

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/02/23/4183437.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/02/23/4183437.htm#transcript

"But there's one fundamental problem: there are many more unemployed people than there are available jobs."

I'm not saying it's okay for those that are lazy to be patted on the back - far from it. But until we fix this mess, don't expect the Dole Queues to get any shorter. In fact you can expect them to grow.
The demonizing of people out of work has been going on for years.
Simplistic comments like "If they really wanted to work they would find a job"
Or a business owner will say something like "I need workers but nobody wants a job" etc
Truth is and always has been that even if every job vacancy was filled there would still be thousands of people unemployed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back