older players that shouldnt get another game poll

who goes and stays

• Total voters
Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Lecras - Voted stay, because fully fit I think he's best 22 still, he proved that at the very start of the year, he still covers big kms and will be beneficial to someone like Venables/Karpany who's rolling through there (hopefully they get midfield minutes as well at times but Lecras stays forward). I think he helps Kennedy play at his absolute best.

Butler - Delist, honestly don't think he costs us anything, so wouldn't bother me either way but we're pretty well stocked for HBF players with Duggan, Nelson, Cole, Shep, Wellers and more in the WAFL

Wellingham - Stay, 1 year contracts. Use him as depth or try him through the midfield, he needs to work on his foot skills but he can do that in the WAFL and wouldn't demand much in pay. More attacking than Butler and no need to delist both just yet.

Priddis - Delist. Done, redundant, replaceable, doing irreversible damage to his legacy and holding out not only younger players, but better players. Holding the team back. Has no room to improve.

Masten - Stay. Seriously he's not that bad, especially as depth. He'd probably get games at other clubs, I think he can come in and play his part when required and next year he will be behind in the pecking order as the young kids get a smoother run at the senior side.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Where did I say we should keep playing him?

You didn't.
But there's point keeping him on the list as a list clogger. We don't need him. I'd rather play a kid if we need to replace someone from injury.

Plus #it'smattpriddis you just know he will be played

You didn't.
But there's point keeping him on the list as a list clogger. We don't need him. I'd rather play a kid if we need to replace someone from injury.

Plus #it'smattpriddis you just know he will be played
We are paying him anyway. The only players that will come in will be 18 year olds (unless we trade for an inside weapon, but nobody wants to come to WA). Given our track record I don't hold much hope that any of those drafted will be a walk up start.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We are paying him anyway. The only players that will come in will be 18 year olds (unless we trade for an inside weapon, but nobody wants to come to WA). Given our track record I don't hold much hope that any of those drafted will be a walk up start.

True.

I just would prefer we move on forever and close the door.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
If you were the player manager of an inside mid from another team would you advise that your player come to the eagles?

So he can play out of position and be dropped to the wafl?

Nev57

All Australian
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
subi
IMO players like Masten and Hill have to go as they are past their use by date ,we will never win a flag with those type of players
Three guys that have been good servants to the club as in Lecras and Pridda and Butler are slowing down and need to be replaced, Mckenzie has done enough to retain for depth and I would keep Wellingham I think he still has a bit of leg speed , Petries had a good year and I think by his efforts this year on merit he'd get a game before some of the other players next year ,Sam Mitchell I think is worth keeping keep on the ground as when we do get a couple of quick young midfielders he will be useful with his onfield teaching . The two other guys I'm not sure about are Cripps and Redden, although Redden showed a bit against the Bulldogs, so the jury is out on him ,Duggan is coming along well as is Cole and Nelson , I thought Karpany showed a bit and I like the look of Watson and Rioli and of course Partington has shown all he can at East Perth, so if Simmo isn't going to play him, move him on .
Above all leg speed should be our priority,
I might get shouted down here but I'm not convinced about Lycett I'll be interested to see how he comes back, I think Vardy has had a good year and Petrie for one more year and with Nic Nat back they should get the job done
If Lycett doesn't bounce back he could be trade bait for some sort of midfielder from Adelaide

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

MVPD01

Debutant
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
The obvious are Priddis, Butler, And Petrie. What about someone like Fraser Mcginnes, I feel bad for him, here we have a young player that can do the job of Petrie but never gets a go. He's a good size, is mobile and can play in the ruck..just another wasted development opportunity. Typical of Simpson and his MC.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
So Priddis, Butler & to a lesser extent, Wellingham are easy ones for a majority of us posters on this board.

Lecca and especially Petrie and Masten seem to divide opinion. I can't justify keeping Masten on the list now that he's finally droppable. Petrie is an excellent figure at the club and he's only a rookie, definitely worth keeping. Lecca should go, but probably won't.

Also we're sure as s**t stuck with Pridda for that one more year. Sorry BF.

Nev57

All Australian
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
subi
The obvious are Priddis, Butler, And Petrie. What about someone like Fraser Mcginnes, I feel bad for him, here we have a young player that can do the job of Petrie but never gets a go. He's a good size, is mobile and can play in the ruck..just another wasted development opportunity. Typical of Simpson and his MC.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree on priddis and mcguiness ,simpson obviously doesnt have confidence in mcguiness bringing in petrie problem now is Petries had a good year and prob be ok for another yr on his performances so i suppose mcguiness for depth only as someone said hes been around for a few yrs now,partington the other issue
I dont watch ep much but do look at the stats and partington seems to shine but he persists with masten im starting to doubt simpson i gotta say

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Voted to keep as depth Masten and Wellingham also keep Leccras let him get to 200 games played as he is so close to the milestone..

Priddis on 94 votes to delist is massive vote of no confidence..
Petrie times up only hindering the career of a younger player ..
Butler been a great servant but times up ..

Mico89

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
A lot of comments of dropping hill... I think he does show some value. He does show some x factor at times, he pulls off the occasional goal that 9 out of 10 players would miss. His downside is he is very hot and cold needs to be more consistent. Im afraid Sammy will hang up the boots next year, this would be a massive loss to our side.

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
I agree on priddis and mcguiness ,simpson obviously doesnt have confidence in mcguiness bringing in petrie problem now is Petries had a good year and prob be ok for another yr on his performances so i suppose mcguiness for depth only as someone said hes been around for a few yrs now,partington the other issue
I dont watch ep much but do look at the stats and partington seems to shine but he persists with masten im starting to doubt simpson i gotta say

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

McInnes. His name is Fraser McInnes.

Nev57

All Australian
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
subi
A lot of comments of dropping hill... I think he does show some value. He does show some x factor at times, he pulls off the occasional goal that 9 out of 10 players would miss. His downside is he is very hot and cold needs to be more consistent. Im afraid Sammy will hang up the boots next year, this would be a massive loss to our side.

If your saying you'd keep hill and make Mitchell hand his boots up next year you and I have been watching different games

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back