Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,

Full of ex East German swimmers no doubt

For those of you too young to know what I'm talking about google it, roidstothemax
Kornelia Ender says hi

47d02645700b0db22e785c0dedbd7468.jpg

Agree with SUNS that we won't get the nod for the next AFLW expansion but we needed to make the bid to get in the pecking order for following years. It will happen but I'm guessing another 2-3yrs.

I'm quietly confident

I don't know anything of course, just a big believer in the vibe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 men's clubs in Queensland are struggling can't see a 2Nd women's side come to Qld any time soon regardless if commitments to any regional area.

So 10 QLDers made the womens u/18 All-Australian squad (of like 50 but still), the 2nd most behind VIC Country. I think the talent is definitely there for a 2nd QLD team, and with the academies in place and the rise in women's footy in QLD the talent base is only going to grow. Obviously we are not first in line, but I think 2 womens teams in QLD makes sense especially if we were legit about the whole north-QLD thing a la the Crows.

Hopefully in the following expansion round we are at the top of the list as I think Geelong and Essendon probably have the next round of franchises.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-18/aflw-u18-all-australian-squad-named

So 10 QLDers made the womens u/18 All-Australian squad (of like 50 but still), the 2nd most behind VIC Country. I think the talent is definitely there for a 2nd QLD team, and with the academies in place and the rise in women's footy in QLD the talent base is only going to grow. Obviously we are not first in line, but I think 2 womens teams in QLD makes sense especially if we were legit about the whole north-QLD thing a la the Crows.

Hopefully in the following expansion round we are at the top of the list as I think Geelong and Essendon probably have the next round of franchises.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-18/aflw-u18-all-australian-squad-named

A heap of young women I know who currently play Touch, Soccer, Netball and Surf Club Rowing are planning on playing next season and the GC and Tweed Women's Comps are already going pretty well.

The AFL need to take a punt and give us a licence.

we will find out today!

Extremely unlikely to be 2019

"In another scenario the AFL could introduce just two teams in 2019, two more in 2020 and another two in 2021. Should six clubs win licences following the commission decision, the Gold Coast would come into play with another non-Victorian team certain to gain admission."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back