No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Excited for 2018. The team is building nicely and it will be nicely timed with the opening of the new stadium. Feel like it will help our game playing at a bigger/wider ground - we generally play well at the MCG.

There is a lot to like about us finally moving the ball out of D50 as Joao succinctly put, the final piece of the jigsaw will be our work inside 50.

Hopefully we have Bennell and Alex Pearce fit for round 1 which will really assist our fortunes and hopefully we can build Apeness into the forward ruck we are desperately needing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm positive this post will be deleted but I am looking forward to the end of the season.

It'll be good to rest and recover from the stress of watching this team week in and week out.

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not unhappy with that at all. Everything forward of 50 very frustrating for sure. But we played all over them after quarter time, and if we'd kicked straight we could have won it, with a forward line that is nowhere near AFL quality and a very young, inexperienced team.

We have a 19 year old ruckman who is AFL quality - how often is that said? The backline is coming together with Ryan and Hughes growing each week. We have a wide range of talented young utilities. I think Peel are going to push for a premiership again this year, which will bring camaraderie and confidence.

We need to work on everything forward of 50 and need to recruit all manner of forwards, but if you look how far the list has come in the last 18 months then there has to be positives.

Like many on here I have concerns that Ross just doesn't get the forward of 50 stuff. If the situation hasn't improved by end of 2018 then I think the club has to ensure that a proven forwards coach is employed and that Ross takes it on board.

You don't have to wait for season end. Hide the tv remote.

I'd be throwing my laptop out or banning myself from going to pubs to watch games.

I'm positive that's not a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Hughes, Ryan, Weller, Nyhuis, Hamling - all apart of the backline, rotating through. That's a huge plus. Add in Blakely in that sweeper/spare man role. So many inexperienced players and the most pleasing thing, as games gone by, each and everyone of those named have improved.

Add in Alex Pearce, Cox could be at CHB when Johnson retires. So much to look forward to.

Once we get that forward line sorted, the wins will come thick and fast.

DMan 11

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a sneaking suspicion that Brennan Cox may be a handy replacement for Jhonno next year.
Really like his quick decision making, quick hands and good peripheral vision.
While he's no gun by foot he doesn't appear to be a ball burner or 'slap it on the boot type' .
Everything I'd hoped for in ubergang I'm seeing in Cox - and me likey

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
It'll be good to rest and recover from the stress of watching this team week in and week out.

Stress !!!!!!, don't talk to me about stress. You have it so easy these days, ............... luuuuuuuxury !!!!!!.

The 90's into the early 00's, I'm amazed that I didn't end up on the road to Graylands !!!!!.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Lord Clive was on the stage.

drtom

Rookie
Jul 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Blakely is averaging over 30 touches 20 kicks 10 marks 4 tackles 5 rebounds and 3in50s since being put in the defensive sweeper role
West Coast will still be delusional and think they are in a premiership window so still be playing the oldest list in the comp... we will struggle 2018 but 2019 we will be 2 years in front of WC when they press the restart button

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Westoast will still be delusional and think they are in a premiership window so still be playing the oldest list in the comp... we will struggle 2018 but 2019 we will be 2 years in front of WC when they press the restart button
One of the things that keeps me going is how bad they will be for 3+ years once they finally let go of the cliff ledge

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I'm actually enjoying this year. There are a lot of New faces out there, it's the changing of the guard guys. No mcpharlin, pav, Sandy. The footsoldiers have left. Jono and balla are cooked.. we have seen some glimpses and when.It clicks next year it's going to look pretty good. The future is bright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back