List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Veterans isn't that good a thing anymore. They started phasing it out a few years ago.

Yep, Veterans benefits on the salary cap no longer exists as far as I understand. Extracted from the CBA (AFL Collective Bargaining Agreement);

15.3 Expiration of Veterans Rule The following shall be effective as of 1 November 2016: (a) The AFL shall increase the TPP per Club by an amount equal to the yearly average of Veterans Allowance payments made by all AFL Clubs (excluding Gold Coast Suns and Greater Western Sydney Football Clubs) in 2015 and 2016 AFL Season; and 21 Amended 17 February 2015 (b) The Veterans Allowance set out in this clause shall expire.

Yes. He is clearly in the Pavlich /Sandilands bracket so we have a pretty reasonable deal. In addition we have a tribe of young players coming through for whom he is an icon. Getting his commitment is exactly what the club needs.

Being a one club player also maximises his brand long term as it comes with a set of values that Australian advertisers love - loyalty, trust, hard work, dedication, courage. He'll make back any differences in sponsorship dollars

Being a one club player also maximises his brand long term as it comes with a set of values that Australian advertisers love - loyalty, trust, hard work, dedication, courage. He'll make back any differences in sponsorship dollars
At that kind of salary level tax strategy and his other investments /income are going to play a more important role than higher salary may provide. And of course on field success would have a multiplier effect.

I was hoping we'd get a couple of first rounders for him in 2023 when he leaves to play with the Gold Coast and help them win their first AFL premiership after winning 2 with us.

Ahhhrrrgggg please please no talk of ' brands ' I don't know why but it pisses me off like nothing else leave it for the ' madmen ' wannabes throw in ' the product ' and ' franchises' while we're at it ! Let me labour along under the illusion that I still follow a sport

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watched a few Fyfe videos on YouTube. Geez you forget how many moments he has had. So glad he is staying at Freo. Personally I thought he would stay. Deserves at least 1.5 mill

Starting to think the rumours his teammates don't like him are true.

How else can you explain them consistently spoiling his marking attempts. Drove me insane, imagine how he feels...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to think the rumours his teammates don't like him are true.

How else can you explain them consistently spoiling his marking attempts. Drove me insane, imagine how he feels...

Half the problem is Croz trying to take a hanger whenever the ball is in his general vicinity.

not having a go at you but last year people were mad at Ross for "removing his natural game and not allowing him to fly for marks"

Kid just needs to play off half back & use his natural attributes.

The coach gave the instruction to attack the ball. They are literally told to compete every opportunity.

This is why we have 3 blokes going for the same mark while our opponents collect the crumbs and go forward? I can't accept that. Lyon isn't that stupid.

Would have thought he's the least of our worries right now.
Yep, not sure what people expect from Fyfe.

I'm not a big fan of the AFL player ratings system, but according to them (plus my calculations to include Round 18), since Fyfe's return (in Round 15 after his mini break to get over his bruising and soreness), he is one of only five players in the league to average 18 or more AFL points per game since then (Martin 20.3, Dangerfield 19.8, Cunnington 19.2, Fyfe 19.1, Zorko 18.7).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back