Certified Legendary Thread Squiggle 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

After doing this for a few years, I've noticed a suspicious correlation between the number of each team's supporters in this thread and how well that team is rated on Squiggle.

I miss the Hawthorn guys. They were quietly smug and genuinely curious to analyze how great their team was.

Fremantle fans used to be everywhere, before the squiggle turned.

West Coast fans didn't believe what was happening almost until they made the finals but then went away again.

Adelaide fans are numerous nowadays but wary after past unfulfilled promises.
Hey I'm still here. Just lurking until you fix the Squiggle so Hawthorn are good again.

After doing this for a few years, I've noticed a suspicious correlation between the number of each team's supporters in this thread and how well that team is rated on Squiggle.

I miss the Hawthorn guys. They were quietly smug and genuinely curious to analyze how great their team was.

West Coast fans didn't believe what was happening almost until they made the finals but then went away again.

I like reading about how good my team is. I don't like reading about how bad we are ;)

I also got burnt by squiggle last year*

* I was really burnt by my team's meek effort when it counted

Interesting observation, time for a new statistical model maybe?

But yeh, nah in my case I just happened to be on the main board a couple of days ago when this thread was near the top of the page, leading to my discovery.

Of course seeing that Essendon are flying up, I'm eager to hang around......until they crash and burn

Great work though, thanks Final Siren

This probably mirrors BigFooty in general. There aren't too many fans who want to see just how much the Squiggle thinks their team sucks.

I've gotten on at ground zero, ready to watch the incredible rise of the mighty Lions! I've been standing in the elevator for a few years now and it hasn't gone anywhere.. I think it might be broken =/

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

This might seem like sacrilege, but can the presentation of the tower be changed? I'd much prefer a straight stacked bar format for each position, even though it doesn't join up a teams chance of finishing at each position. It just seems like it would be easier to read off the chances.

I come here every week. I hope the Tigers will improve their position every week. I am disappointed every week. I understand why every week.

I love the squiggle cause it is simple enough to understand, provides context to performance and insight into how to win a premiership.

So the squiggle has helped me learn that the Tigers are building a team that looks unlikely to win the show - because we don't score enough. Tells me where to get excited about developing youngsters, and game plan etc. Tells me when to feel happy, but not excited about a win. Also tells me that this year is genuinely weird, and it's not just me tipping poorly.

Here's hoping freo can score greater than 76 this week
I don't think it has crossed the Carlton squiggle
Hoping they score a lot and we can see under that logo, and it clears away from Carlton a little.

Fremantle made a prelim in 2015 because:
(a) They were a genuinely good team for the first 9 rounds
(b) They fell over the line in an incredible number of close games thereafter
(c) Teams competing for the Top 4 won & lost in an almost eerily perfect pattern that enabled Fremantle to finish on top
(d) They had a final at home against a badly injured Sydney who kicked 7.18

Was going to say the exact same thing. Freo were in very poor form, and would have lost against 6 of the 7 teams in the finals bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back