Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This was news to me as I don't get involved in BF over the wknd mate so if I get back to work on Monday and the thread is in bold, I'll comment if I like. Don't see the issue.

Ah I opened it after your onya*** who ever it was in the other thread and thought you were just bumping everything.

Ah I opened it after your onya*** who ever it was in the other thread and thought you were just bumping everything.
Nah mate, often come to work Monday and spend a bit of time going through what I've missed on here over the weekend.
Not a bumper :thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:

Looks like a likely type, and will iron out his occasional tendency to make mistakes with more game time. Can play a bit bigger and a bit smaller than he is up forward, which is good given Hogan and McDonald move around a lot. Not a bad field kick either

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm quite a fan of this bloke. As a 3rd tall he looks pretty decent. Occasionally slow with his decision making but again how many clubs would kill for him as a 2nd tall rather than a 3rd.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Had him pegged as a great effort guy without any AFL level attributes outside of tackling. Seems to be our best makeshift ruck and didn't look lost when he had to go back into defense for a couple of plays. Happy to be wrong about him.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have a feeling if he can get a good run at it injury wise this year, he has the ability to become best 22. If he kicked 25 goals, that'd be huge...

Is he getting another contract? He's had so many chances to put himself forward this year, and has managed 7 goals in 7 games. He averages 3.4 marks a game as a marking forward. He turns 29 before next season. I don't really get why we keep playing him. Not like a Lewis, who at least brings experience.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is he getting another contract? He's had so many chances to put himself forward this year, and has managed 7 goals in 7 games. He averages 3.4 marks a game as a marking forward. He turns 29 before next season. I don't really get why we keep playing him. Not like a Lewis, who at least brings experience.

I don't think he's worth persisting with given his age, experience and output.

TMac and Weid are what we should be aiming for as the tall duo going forward. Petty has potential as a third tall or at least as depth. Preuss is young, has 3 more years on his contract and can actually ruck. Fritsch plays tall(ish).

Don't see the need for him to be honest.

We have so many players who need to be delisted this off season so they can never play again. Unfortunately there's only so many we can cut...
Unlike the minimum of three list changes, I don't think there's actually a maximum. We could, in theory, cut the whole team and start again and trust our ability in those sweet sweet late round picks.

Unlike the minimum of three list changes, I don't think there's actually a maximum. We could, in theory, cut the whole team and start again and trust our ability in those sweet sweet late round picks.
Yeah that's what I meant! I'm aware that there's no maximum, but there's not much point in drafting beyond the early fourth round. Tim Smith is on the rookie list anyway.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think he's worth persisting with given his age, experience and output.

TMac and Weid are what we should be aiming for as the tall duo going forward. Petty has potential as a third tall or at least as depth. Preuss is young, has 3 more years on his contract and can actually ruck. Fritsch plays tall(ish).

Don't see the need for him to be honest.
I was thinking the same thing earlier today. I don't mind Smith, he has a crack, but the seasons pretty much shot for us if he's getting a game anyway. just like this year is. he also gets injured a fair bit. Fritsch is a good lead and mark, Petty's been ok forward, Weid and Tmac the main 2 we need, and maybe we can get something out of Joel Smith next year as a forward as well. I have all of them in front of Tim Smith. all younger as well.
I would actually drop him this week and just roll with Petty as our CHF and play Fritsch at FF. get anyone else to back up the ruck for 5 minutes while Max rests on the bench. Petty, Frost, doesn't matter, the result will be the same.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We have so many players who need to be delisted this off season so they can never play again. Unfortunately there's only so many we can cut...
Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I rekon i've seen 5 goals from ruck throwins inside 50 this year (all games and highlights ive seen) two of those were by Bruce against Smith on the weekend.

Back