Coaching Staff Former Coach James Hird

Do you think Hird should coach Essendon again?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst Hird has done nothing to not warrant this and I couldn't give 2 shits what the other lesser clubs think I would hate for Hirdy to have to go through that.

Would much rather win a GF and someone let him hold the cup!

So it seems that the AFL's plan for Hird all along was to ruin and destroy him and then build him back up with a good bloke redemption tour.

If I was him I'd tell them to shove it, then again I'm not the classiest man in every room I've ever walked into like he is.

So it seems that the AFL's plan for Hird all along was to ruin and destroy him and then build him back up with a good bloke redemption tour.

If I was him I'd tell them to shove it, then again I'm not the classiest man in every room I've ever walked into like he is.
Are you saying he should take a leaf out of Connor McGregor's wardrobe on the day? :p

I'm also looking forward to him going all 'bob murphy' and hoisting the cup up with doise and woosha as well. I reckon that would just about drown half of this site in foam once and for all and their heads would explode.

Cant decide which normie recipient would cause most distress for them either: jobe for obvious reasons, or mcgrath ( the #1 pick the afl 'gave' us because they love us so much).

And i also liked the suggestion someone had that jim wear full efc kit too hahaha

Last edited:
I'm also looking forward to him going all 'bob murphy' and hoisting the cup up with doise and woosha as well. I reckon that would just about drown half of this site in foam once and for all and their heads would explode.

Cant decide which normie recipient would cause most distress for them either: jobe for obvious reasons, or mcgrath ( the #1 pick the afl 'gave' us because they live us so much).

And i also liked the suggestion someone had that jim wear full efc kit too hahaha

Bigfooty will be broken for 6 months lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I've just discovered that Hirdy is selling a whole lot of his old stuff. There might be a few on here with some $$ who are interested in this sort of thing so i thought I'd share. Makes me a bit sad to be honest, he'd obviously kept quite a number of his old jumpers and match balls and now wants to move them on. Anyway I didn't want to start a whole new thread:

http://www.mossgreen.com.au/content/catalogues/MG151_Cat_Flipbook/?page=54

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I've just discovered that Hirdy is selling a whole lot of his old stuff. There might be a few on here with some $$ who are interested in this sort of thing so i thought I'd share. Makes me a bit sad to be honest, he'd obviously kept quite a number of his old jumpers and match balls and now wants to move them on. Anyway I didn't want to start a whole new thread:

http://www.mossgreen.com.au/content/catalogues/MG151_Cat_Flipbook/?page=54
There's 92 matches for his name in the entire document, it basically just looks like he's cleared out a lot of his collection including memorabilia from other sports (All Blacks, Black Caviar, Cathy Freeman, etc).

Obviously a lot of the stuff that he could've easily gotten as an investment of sorts are things he got throughout his own career, so there's a hell of a lot of old guernseys (training guernseys and select match day guernseys, thin sash, fat sash, long sleeves, sleeveless, various sponsors, etc.), a few bits and pieces that he's signed as part of a team, with other AFL captains, or with other Brownlow medalists, framed ANZAC day guernsey co-signed with Bucks, footy cards... a few things where he's bought one of a series.

A lot of it is only worth a couple of hundred dollars, although a couple of items are pretty valuable, like his runner-up medal from 2001, a guernsey he wore in his Brownlow year and in the 2000 premiership year. Also noticed a number 49 guernsey from his first season, and a 2011 team-signed guernsey from his first year as coach among the things being sold... not surprised that the latter is out the door :/

Also; Josh Green's got a Brisbane guernsey in there hahahaha

Do we assume from this that he is stretched financially
That's an easy assumption to make but then why is he still spending so much time over in Europe? It could just be a cathartic thing. Perhaps even on advice from his psychologist or something? Who knows.

Do we assume from this that he is stretched financially
To quote myself from another thread because self important twats like me do that:

I guess you could read that many ways but I choose to read it as football is not everything to him anymore. Given what's happened and his situation I think that's a good and healthy thing. Not that he doesn't love it or Essendon anymore, but that he doesn't need to live it.

That's my thoughts.

There's 92 matches for his name in the entire document, it basically just looks like he's cleared out a lot of his collection including memorabilia from other sports (All Blacks, Black Caviar, Cathy Freeman, etc).

Obviously a lot of the stuff that he could've easily gotten as an investment of sorts are things he got throughout his own career, so there's a hell of a lot of old guernseys (training guernseys and select match day guernseys, thin sash, fat sash, long sleeves, sleeveless, various sponsors, etc.), a few bits and pieces that he's signed as part of a team, with other AFL captains, or with other Brownlow medalists, framed ANZAC day guernsey co-signed with Bucks, footy cards... a few things where he's bought one of a series.

A lot of it is only worth a couple of hundred dollars, although a couple of items are pretty valuable, like his runner-up medal from 2001, a guernsey he wore in his Brownlow year and in the 2000 premiership year. Also noticed a number 49 guernsey from his first season, and a 2011 team-signed guernsey from his first year as coach among the things being sold... not surprised that the latter is out the door :/

Also; Josh Green's got a Brisbane guernsey in there hahahaha
What is so funny about that? He is a fricking legend.

Almost 6 figures if he gets the higher value for everything listed. About two thirds of it is worth 10k altogether though, it's the last third where all the value is.

;)
Not bad, reckon Hirdy should do alright then.

Still over 50 grand at the end of the day, if he gets the higher end of the asking price for each thing. I'd say the spare bedroom is probably worth more than the first two third of stuff though haha.

Yeah, that's why catharsis makes sense. If it was financial, moving from Toorak to Malvern would free up a pretty big chunk of cash.

Having said that, if it was proper catharsis, I would have expected to see pretty much everything.

Anyway, it feels a bit crass, so I'll stop speculating. His finances are his business.

Back