Strategy jacob townsend to run with (and through) dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Townsend has his limitations. Let's be honest short of several injuries in the seniors he'll prob never get another game. But what he does have is size and mongrel. Start getting him to run with the best opposition mids in the magoos so come Geelong he's a snarling beast fighting for his career. Who knows if he does a good job it could be a new role for him. Every other team seems to have giant sized mids who bust us up. Would be nice to see the likes of cripps, bont, Pendlebury, fyfe, etc tangle with someone at tigerland who actually knows what a gym is for.
I'd like to see lambert go to selwood like he did with Sam Mitchell earlier. We could potentially crush them and bump their draft pick up? Get it done. Danger was sooking it up a beauty cos of crouch. On paper his possessions looked ok but he was doing rushed fumbly handballs and practically had no metres gained. Also will help me with dusty winning the Brownlow lol

I feel like we should worry about the upcoming games against Gold Coast and Hawthorn.
Far more important to beat those two than it is Geelong down there.
Townsend to Ablett and then Mitchell?

If I was going to play the bloke it would be in the Ste-Morr2015 patented defensive forward role. If he can keep up with the pace he'd be handy hanging around the forward line - his goalkicking certainly aint all that but he can provide scoring opportunities. Most importantly though he is a ferocious beast when he tackles blokes. When he plays forward in the VFL opposition teams sh*t their pants and start to feel the heat a little more.

if you swap townsend for grigg you are losing very little

that said i expect he will be gone end of year with maybe hampson, maric, morris, hunt, griffiths, bachelor, lennon (??)
if you swap townsend for grigg you are losing very little

that said i expect he will be gone end of year with maybe hampson, maric, morris, hunt, griffiths, bachelor, lennon (??)

Grigg is one of the best at spreading and being a link man, albeit his disposal is avg at times, Townsend will never provide this and hence a like for like comparison isn't really working.

Hampson i feel would be playing right now if he wasn't injured, the bloke is better than Soldo, so he will be re signed i would have thought..

Grigg is one of the best at spreading and being a link man, albeit his disposal is avg at times, Townsend will never provide this and hence a like for like comparison isn't really working.

Hampson i feel would be playing right now if he wasn't injured, the bloke is better than Soldo, so he will be re signed i would have thought..

he would solely harass the life out of danger, no running or spreading

soldo > hamspud

If he's delisted and not given opportunity elsewhere I really hope we make him captain of the VFL team. They say that he has set the bar for the young blokes on hardness and attacking the contest and they are in awe of him in that regard.

If he's delisted and not given opportunity elsewhere I really hope we make him captain of the VFL team. They say that he has set the bar for the young blokes on hardness and attacking the contest and they are in awe of him in that regard.

Morris and Townsend would be good vfl (listed) players

Maric and Hampson perhaps moved off the senior list also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris and Townsend would be good vfl (listed) players

Maric and Hampson perhaps moved off the senior list also
I think Hampson might still be contracted not sure.

Townsend has his limitations. Let's be honest short of several injuries in the seniors he'll prob never get another game. But what he does have is size and mongrel. Start getting him to run with the best opposition mids in the magoos so come Geelong he's a snarling beast fighting for his career. Who knows if he does a good job it could be a new role for him. Every other team seems to have giant sized mids who bust us up. Would be nice to see the likes of cripps, bont, Pendlebury, fyfe, etc tangle with someone at tigerland who actually knows what a gym is for.
I'd like to see lambert go to selwood like he did with Sam Mitchell earlier. We could potentially crush them and bump their draft pick up? Get it done. Danger was sooking it up a beauty cos of crouch. On paper his possessions looked ok but he was doing rushed fumbly handballs and practically had no metres gained. Also will help me with dusty winning the Brownlow lol
Mate our injury list currently stands at two players

If I was going to play the bloke it would be in the Ste-Morr2015 patented defensive forward role. If he can keep up with the pace he'd be handy hanging around the forward line - his goalkicking certainly aint all that but he can provide scoring opportunities. Most importantly though he is a ferocious beast when he tackles blokes. When he plays forward in the VFL opposition teams sh*t their pants and start to feel the heat a little more.

Not so wacko Wacko :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back