News 2017 Rising Star Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

While I don't particularly care for the award as at the end of the day it is largely pointless and contentious, Fiorini has got to be thinking that he has p*ssed off one of the nomination selectors. In 10 career games he has picked up 30+ touches twice with another 4 efforts of 20+, is averaging 21 touches a game, and has even gotten a freaking brownlow vote. Would probably be in the running for a top 3 placing at the moment.

Is ryan burton that good? Haven't really seen hawks games but media and commentators talking him up big time.

I think Ainsworth has been excellent. Skills not quite as polished as I hoped but a power athlete. Definitely adds something different to our fwd line.

Is ryan burton that good? Haven't really seen hawks games but media and commentators talking him up big time.

I think Ainsworth has been excellent. Skills not quite as polished as I hoped but a power athlete. Definitely adds something different to our fwd line.
He really is that good, didn't seem to be the stand out when nominated. Was almost a case of giving him the nomination they owed him, which he did deserve the week prior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been good, but very overhyped by the media. If he wasn't RS eligible he wouldn't be talked up quite as much.
probably place him 4th best from his draft year right now behind Oliver, Hipwood and Weitering

Something to ponder.....
Stats for this year so far
Melican 20yo and played 12 games.....151 disp 45 marks 1 goal 22 tackles
Fiorini 19yo and played 10 games..... 219 disp 58 matks 4 goals 29 tackles

and from the weekend's games
Melican 15 disposals 9k 6h 3 marks 3 tackles
Fiorini 29 disposals 13k 16h 7 marks 4 tackles

Am I missing something here..............

I'll let you draw your own conclusions

How do people get a nomination? Is there someone at the suns that is suppose to be putting in some paperwork to the AFL and didn't get the memo?

He's been good, but very overhyped by the media. If he wasn't RS eligible he wouldn't be talked up quite as much.
probably place him 4th best from his draft year right now behind Oliver, Hipwood and Weitering
I'd put Burton ahead of Weitering and Hipwood at the moment. Hipwood and Weitering get looked at for their overwhelming potential; Burton's produced more substance than both at this point in time, though. Bare in mind Burton's playing well enough that in that game against Adelaide, the guy not only booted two goals - he was tasked to man up on Tex Walker (due to the Hawk's undersized backline) and did a good job by keeping Adelaide's best key forward quiet.

Clayton Oliver is the best to date from the 2015 draft.

Ryan Burton is the smallest notch below Callum Mills at the moment, and I'd be tempted to say they're actually on equal footing as things are progressing.

Oliver, Burton, and Mills are the best performers so far IMO.

Hipwood will probably become the most valuable of the draft (given more years). Weitering is solid, but he simply hasn't had a chance to show much more being placed in Carlton's forward line. At this stage, I reckon Burton will end up being more valuable.

Fiorini is being ripped for not getting a nomination, though. That's insane.

Something to ponder.....
Stats for this year so far
Melican 20yo and played 12 games.....151 disp 45 marks 1 goal 22 tackles
Fiorini 19yo and played 10 games..... 219 disp 58 matks 4 goals 29 tackles

and from the weekend's games
Melican 15 disposals 9k 6h 3 marks 3 tackles
Fiorini 29 disposals 13k 16h 7 marks 4 tackles

Am I missing something here..............

I'll let you draw your own conclusions
Melican played very well. On nick Riewoldt and beat him hands down a number of times. I'm not altogether surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back