Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

reader62

Rookie
Apr 19, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmmm, Targeted umpire bashing or just plain assault. Which ever it is it needs to be sorted as it will snowball out of control now this is getting a bit of following on social media. If it is a player don't blame clubs let the police sort it out. once it has been sorted by police, then the clubs ( IF ) there is player/supporters involved need to make a decision on what sanctions they can impose. a hard one looming.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Hmmm, Targeted umpire bashing or just plain assault. Which ever it is it needs to be sorted as it will snowball out of control now this is getting a bit of following on social media. If it is a player don't blame clubs let the police sort it out. once it has been sorted by police, then the clubs ( IF ) there is player/supporters involved need to make a decision on what sanctions they can impose. a hard one looming.

What club,
More information??

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I think he said 'IF'.
Whatever the situation, let the police handle it. Once that is done, then 'perhaps' their 'could/should' be further ramifications for the perpetrator.
And rightly so.

Im with you Madmug
Very serious situation and hopefully the powers to be will assess all the information.
Not a good look for football in general.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I'm one of the biggest critics of AFLTAS.
But really good to see them on the front page of today's Mercury, getting on 'front foot' in regards to the umpire abuse that has occurred in different leagues. Hopefully things can change for the better.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm one of the biggest critics of AFLTAS.
But really good to see them on the front page of today's Mercury, getting on 'front foot' in regards to the umpire abuse that has occurred in different leagues. Hopefully things can change for the better.

Yes all credit to them. Not that they had much choice with such an incident & given the public & media outcry it has attracted.

I just wish they were as forthright in addressing other issues around Tasmanian football. (sigh!)

But more particularly I hope the young umpire himself, is ok.

I hope he continues in the game, when he feels right. It would be a statement of strength & resolve to not be beaten down by such a cowardly attack. Its his choice of course, but I think he has massive sympathy & support right now. Again, I hope he is going ok.
Thats whats important.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
As we move well into the last part of the H&A season its interesting to see who might be the premiers. Clarence seem the best team at the moment. North Launy & Glenorchy are still right in it but havent seemed as consistent as last season. For Glenorchy, I see Reynolds is back & with Josh Watts starting to impove after a lot of injury problems at Brisbane, they may yet be the dark horse. I know Lauderdale are their abouts but they seem to be like that all the time! Who knows what they'll do in the finals.
For the rest, its about developing & planning for next year.

The Big H

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2004
Launnie
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
As we move well into the last part of the H&A season its interesting to see who might be the premiers. Clarence seem the best team at the moment. North Launy & Glenorchy are still right in it but havent seemed as consistent as last season. For Glenorchy, I see Reynolds is back & with Josh Watts starting to impove after a lot of injury problems at Brisbane, they may yet be the dark horse. I know Lauderdale are their abouts but they seem to be like that all the time! Who knows what they'll do in the finals.
For the rest, its about developing & planning for next year.
It will be interesting to see how some of the teams improve now that rep footy is over for the U18 guys. Will improve some teams like North in particular.

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just read a report in the Advocate about a 16 year old Burnie Docker player who suffered a broken jaw in the Development league match against Lauderdale at the weekend. A 29 year old Lauderdale player is due to face the tribunal on Friday night. According to the report there are witnesses who described it as an off the ball incident.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Just read a report in the Advocate about a 16 year old Burnie Docker player who suffered a broken jaw in the Development league match against Lauderdale at the weekend. A 29 year old Lauderdale player is due to face the tribunal on Friday night. According to the report there are witnesses who described it as an off the ball incident.

Seriously?

Man you'd have to be a proper piece of s**t to be a 29 year old thumping a kid.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seriously?

Man you'd have to be a proper piece of s**t to be a 29 year old thumping a kid.

I think thats the guy who has been reported maybe twice this year for hits behind play. I think he got off due to lack of evidence. ie they wouldn't accept the evidence of someone being taken off with a head injury caused by that guy off the ball. You think Lauderdale would have pulled him up for belting kids in D League. You know, duty of care etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
the kids had his jaw "wired" thanks to Joshua Wells
Lauderdale have stooped too more lower thank lows this season has seen plenty of there players reported
defend that halftime

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
the kids had his jaw "wired" thanks to Joshua Wells
Lauderdale have stooped too more lower thank lows this season has seen plenty of there players reported
defend that halftime

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Can you not read? Lauderdale took him from the field and didn't let him return, but hey lets not let the facts ruin your s**t flinging now.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
taking him off,after he broke the kids jaw, is like putting a condom on after the 'event'
the jaw has been wired, I hope that the player does not have any long health issues both phyiscal and Mental
I have for years watched Winter play at Clarence where he was the greatest behind the play Hitter /puncher elbows, knees etc etc etc
Its a pity Lauderdale football club had appointed him, with the players just follow his crap .

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
taking him off,after he broke the kids jaw, is like putting a condom on after the 'event'
the jaw has been wired, I hope that the player does not have any long health issues both phyiscal and Mental
I have for years watched Winter play at Clarence where he was the greatest behind the play Hitter /puncher elbows, knees etc etc etc
Its a pity Lauderdale football club had appointed him, with the players just follow his crap .

So were they meant to take him off before he did it?

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
At this stage they are only allegations so need to tread carefully the Advocate mentioned that one media reported it as "a coward's punch" However a witness said "it did not meet that criteria" I Take it the media outlet that reported The coward's punch is Brian Carlton from "Tasmania Talks"
Brian Carlton discusses a concerning football incident

Brian Carlton mentions the Lauderdale player not by name but he is training to be a police officer and then questions has this been reported to police? Not much to say from me it seems a long time to wait till Friday to go to tribunual?

Hopefully justice is served for all, also One would think Lauderdale would have their own internal review into the matter? Wishing Jason Chatwin a speedy recovery.

Not much coverage at this point in the Southern Media, this all sounds a bit familar to a story from a few years ago also in the Development League with an older age player who was accused of a strike agaisnt a junior player, the alleged that time happened also to be a Police Officer?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
What are you suggesting should have happened?

After his second report, which it seems he was lucky to escape penalty, they should have realised he is not a suitable player for the Dev League & sent him off to a senior SFL club. Or told him to take up boxing or Ninja warrior or something other than belting kids.
Out of this I recon the AFL Tas tribunal will come under investigation as to why they let him go, with his tendency to hit behind play.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
After his second report, which it seems he was lucky to escape penalty, they should have realised he is not a suitable player for the Dev League & sent him off to a senior SFL club. Or told him to take up boxing or Ninja warrior or something other than belting kids.
Out of this I recon the AFL Tas tribunal will come under investigation as to why they let him go, with his tendency to hit behind play.

I see your points, but as you said he received no sanction for the last report, you can't just go tossing players out of your club. I am not defending the player but that muppet Tigerssaints getting on here flinging mud at the club and somehow blaming Darren Winter for it is ridiculous.

Question for you as you followed North Hobart, what do you think of John Devine? All reports are he was a dead set thug on the field who happened to be a champion player.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see your points, but as you said he received no sanction for the last report, you can't just go tossing players out of your club. I am not defending the player but that muppet Tigerssaints getting on here flinging mud at the club and somehow blaming Darren Winter for it is ridiculous.

Question for you as you followed North Hobart, what do you think of John Devine? All reports are he was a dead set thug on the field who happened to be a champion player.

JD was a hard man. The game was played to far different standards. I could pick guys from lots of clubs who were the same as JD. So its a non issue comparing the game in the 1960's to nowdays.
Remember this is a monster 29 yo guy who had been reported for other behind the play issues. Lauderdale have young guys who could play in the Dev league. That guy has no hope of ever playing senior football. All its done is reflect badly on Lauderdale, & AFLTas & its tribunal.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
JD was a hard man. The game was played to far different standards. I could pick guys from lots of clubs who were the same as JD. So its a non issue comparing the game in the 1960's to nowdays.
Remember this is a monster 29 yo guy who had been reported for other behind the play issues. Lauderdale have young guys who could play in the Dev league. That guy has no hope of ever playing senior football. All its done is reflect badly on Lauderdale, & AFLTas & its tribunal.

So basically you are happy to condone a player going around belting blokes in the 60s but not today? What's the difference? Why do you want the player doing it today kicked out and the player doing it 50 years ago put on a pedestal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back