D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Oaks have 3 that have kicked a heap of goals , stop 2 of them and Ormond should be too good. Oakleigh have the softest draw and win this are a big chance to make it. Preston have the toughest and Ormond have PEGS and Preston in the last 2.
Not footy related , but St. Mary's people sure had a lots of dogs with them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not footy related , but St. Mary's people sure had a lots of dogs with them.

It's previously been part of their coach recruiting strategy - past coach used to walk his dog straight past their ground before he was appointed.

After watching both reserves and seniors of the Therry v SMS clash, I have concluded that Therry are the dirtiest club in the division. Witnessed some particularly despicable acts, particularly in the reserves.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

As the curtain falls on round 13, it was certainly unlucky for some.

The strong win by Brunswick NOBs and our failure to kick a goal against St Johns after quarter time mean we sit 3 games and % inside relegation.

So we will bid farewell to the Division we have called home for almost a decade, though not in the way many had hoped.

It's difficult to determine which direction the club will take now. Whilst we have put the feelers out for a Women's team and Auskick is in its second year, I can't help but feel it's a long road we must hoe.

The seeds of the past few years have germinated, and looking around at the likes of Aquinas, Yarra Valley, Bulleen Templestowe, all have dropped down several grades due to the inability to recruit and/or retain talented players.

We simply can't afford to suffer the same fate.

The strong win by Brunswick NOBs and our failure to kick a goal against St Johns after quarter time mean we sit 3 games and % inside relegation.

So we will bid farewell to the Division we have called home for almost a decade, though not in the way many had hoped.

It's difficult to determine which direction the club will take now. Whilst we have put the feelers out for a Women's team and Auskick is in its second year, I can't help but feel it's a long road we must hoe.

The seeds of the past few years have germinated, and looking around at the likes of Aquinas, Yarra Valley, Bulleen Templestowe, all have dropped down several grades due to the inability to recruit and/or retain talented players.

I hope the club can find a way to lock in the boys from the college for more than just the 18's and 19's. Surely that's got to be the way forward.

Good luck Hedge. You are always honest and sincere when commenting on your club.
So many ups and downs in Ammos. It's a great thing when you are on the ladder, less so when on the snake..

I hope the club can find a way to lock in the boys from the college for more than just the 18's and 19's. Surely that's got to be the way forward.

Agreed. Unfortunaely, the club banked on those from the 19s program of 2013/2014 to drive the next 5 years, and it obviously hasn't worked out.

We went from fielding two u19s teams in 2014 (the "senior" one finished top in Section 2 at the end of that regular season) to having to compete in Section 4. Those "graduates" from 2014 have largely either disappeared or failed to come through in any meaningful way.

To quote the man who has the nuclear codes: Sad

One SMS player taken down by an elbow to the mouth twice off the ball by the same opponent. Plenty of other swinging elbows and arms behind the play. Red card issued in the fourth quarter for a pretty dog act.

One SMS player taken down by an elbow to the mouth twice off the ball by the same opponent. Plenty of other swinging elbows and arms behind the play. Red card issued in the fourth quarter for a pretty dog act.

You should have been at 'the runway' VAFA Spectator ...... some rather unsavoury acts throughout the game. I am all for physical and mental pressure in a game of footy, but I thought a couple crossed the line in the PEGS v Hoes game.

PEGS to good, but .......

Grumpy Chumpy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that round 18 could be the same as the Semi's the next week, unless Oakleigh can somehow replace Preston.

Looking at the draw Bedders ...... Oakleigh still very much in the hunt for 4th - IMO.

Hopefully IAFC will still not be involved in relegation battle by then and we could 'receive' a few Kegs from either Oakleigh or Preston for our last round efforts? :)

Massive next two weeks for our club v Jocs and Therry, who are in the mix with us as potential relegation recipients. If we can win one of those it will make a significant difference to our chances. That said, we lost to both sides first time around and we need to bounce back from a very poor second half on Saturday at PEGS.

Chump.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to make the ressies comp better, because at the moment it's helping no one.

Call it off and award the flag to Ormond?

Maybe that's a bit drastic.

Cancel the rest of the regular season, plus three finals and play the GF between Ormond and PEGs next week to save everyone else the hassle.

Call it off and award the flag to Ormond?

Maybe that's a bit drastic.

Cancel the rest of the regular season, plus three finals and play the GF between Ormond and PEGs next week to save everyone else the hassle.

As the currently 4th place side and hopefully an active participant in the up and coming finals I would usually take offence to to this sort of post........ but, I don't :)

Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back