Suburbs with the same name in different cities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
New Holland was actually originally WA was it not?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, pretty much. The Dutch kind of hit the northwest, thought it was worthless land and concentrated on the spice island. They never bothered venturing around.

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
Apparently Heeney is from Cardiff. Wow a Welshmen playing in the AFL. How was I TFTK (is that even a recognised acronym amongst you trendy millennials, well it is now or should I say WIIN) is a suburb in Sydney.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My old man lived in Adelaide's version of St Kilda for about 12 months back when i was about 15/16

Besides the playground, mangroves and people going out there to go crabbing there nothing there

Most illicit behavior would be the kids from Salisbury and surrounding areas who park in the boat ramp carpark at night to smoke bongs

A walk around St Kilda mangroves was people's idea of fun in the 80s.

Around the same time as crabbing, albeit of a different version, was reaching its zenith in the Vic version.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are 2 separate Norwood Football Clubs.
The Redlegs in the SANFL and one in the EFL.

There's also a Tasmanian suburb/city that shares its name with a lesser known Victorian suburb.
I think either Burnie or Launceston or another name.
Norwood is an up-market (by local standards, so not up-market all) suburb of Launceston.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Norwood is an up-market (by local standards, so not up-market all) suburb of Launceston.

If one wanted to, they'd go to Norwood Primary School in Tassie, Norwood High School in Victoria and, if they were good enough to get drafted or not drafted, they'd move to South Australia and work in one of Norwood's businesses while playing for the Redlegs.

Google Maps has just shown me another Campbelltown/Campbell Town in Tassie and, like Victoria, they have an Avoca and Lilydale as well as Beaconsfield.

Regarding that place in Victoria I thought was Devonport or Burnie, turns out it's Glenorchy.

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
There's Claremont in Perth, WA and Claremont in Hobart's northern suburbs.
Norwood in Adelaide and a Norwood in suburban Launceston.
Perth, the Western Australian capital shares its name with a central northern Tasmanian town just south of Launceston.
There's a town called Brighton about thirty clicks north of Hobart that shares its name with suburbs of the same name in Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth.
Glenorchy, a city in Hobart's northern suburbs shares its name with similar named small towns in Victoria and New South Wales.
New Town, a suburb about 3kms north of Hobart has a namesake (although spelled differently) called Newtown in Sydney.
Waverley, a housing commission suburb in Launceston on the road out towards Scottsdale shares with Waverley in outer Melbourne where VFL Park used to be.
Kingston, an ever growing town south of Hobart shares with Kingston in Canberra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Heeney is from Cardiff. Wow a Welshmen playing in the AFL. How was I TFTK (is that even a recognised acronym amongst you trendy millennials, well it is now or should I say WIIN) is a suburb in Sydney.
It's not a suburb of Sydney. It's a suburb in Newcastle.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
There's a town called Bagdad in between Launceston and Hobart and a Baghdad in Iraq. Both are shite.

Apr 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC - MVFC - Socceroos.
Behold the lovely town of St Albans, United Kingdom on the northern outskirts of London
StAlbansEngland-eb28166.jpg

and the Victorian version:

38-scott-avenue-st-albans-vic-3021-real-estate-photo-3-large-7998384.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back