Autopsy Swans vs Hawks (R19, 2017)

If tonight was a one goal ugly loss to say geelong it wouldnt be as big a deal. Its just annoying because its the same s**t we have seen before where hawthorn out coach and out execute us

10 from last 12, we dont cope with injuries well enough but we knew that, lloyd and rohan hurt and sinclair was never going to repeat

Move on

Hawks too good, but they will be while clarkson coaches against longmire

They play us and we play them like their they are still the super champs, we are a different team v hawthorn, even when we beat them its a tussle, its just stupid

But we were due to lose

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
How did Roughead get three one-on-ones against Jones, Mills and Hannebery, two in the goalsquare? Unbelievable. Simply should not happen, it's not like we're short of capable talls in Grundy, Melican, and Rampe.

Umpires didn't help in the first half but was more even in the second.

Foote and Robinson aren't terrible but they're slow and we can't afford that, especially not on a big ground like the MCG against a side like the Hawks. Unfortunately we're running out of time to blood Dawson before finals.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to see that Parker handball in the centre, 4th quarter again. The game pivoted on that umpire's call. Seemed regulation to me, Parker was dumbfounded. If play on we are sweeping into attack.
Despite that our players were beaten all round the ground, but we still could've snatched it.

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
We were always going to lose this with Lloyd and Rohan out...always! We played very poor football yet lost by 6, nothing to be ashamed of considering Hawks are as just as much in form as we are!
Oh puhleasse. Been hearing this s**t for the last few years. Maybe it is time to stop with the excuses and admit that they own us top to bottom.

If tonight was a one goal ugly loss to say geelong it wouldnt be as big a deal. Its just annoying because its the same s**t we have seen before where hawthorn out coach and out execute us
That and Geelong/Adelaide > Hawthorn. Losses to them would've been expected, this could * us over.

It's all in the head though. I feel confident in us in next week and that should be enough to make the 8. And given what the Dogs did last year, winning a flag from outside the 4 is doable.

I'd like to see that Parker handball in the centre, 4th quarter again. The game pivoted on that umpire's call. Seemed regulation to me, Parker was dumbfounded. If play on we are sweeping into attack.
Despite that our players were beaten all round the ground, but we still could've snatched it.

Same as the Kennedy one that resulted in Burgoyne's goal

Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Heeney hits that pass to Papley while we had all the momentum and who knows.
We deserved to lose due to how inept our bottom 6 were.

Foote should not be picked ever again.

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Rucks got annihilated. Dont know which one to drop
Hawks played tough and cut through the middle whilst we played timid and sloppy
Two late outs, plenty of niggling injuries picked up in the game. Never goes our way against the hawks
All our mids were down, hawks didnt even beed a big game from titch
Skills just went to s*** under pressure
Burgoyne carving us up as usual, mcevoy slowly building a similar formline

Neverwas

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Korweinguboora
AFL Club
Sydney
What is wrong with our fitness staff and Longmire that we go to Melbourne with unfit players and half fit players and take the wrong replacements.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

How people are hanging s**t on Foote who got 5 minutes notice to play, after the mares had by Buddy, Melican, Naismith and Sinclair is beyond me.

Don't think people are necessarily hanging s**t on Lloyd, more so his selection.

Back