Autopsy Swans vs Hawks (R19, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd and Rohan out before the game changed our structures
JPK struggledwithinjury early on
Lance tried too hard
Hawthorn out marked us.
Do we need to rest Hannebery?
Kicking long into frward line played into Hawthorn's hands.
Was Naismith injured or run off his feet?
Our forwards did not spread enough
Despite being out markedoutplayed we only lost by 1 goal.
Get home boys, rest up, recovery, pick ourselves up and let's move onto Geelong
Yes I've been saying it for a few weeks. Bring in Dawson instead. We made the mistake with Kizza and now we're repeating it.

We were always going to lose this with Lloyd and Rohan out...always! We played very poor football yet lost by 6, nothing to be ashamed of considering Hawks are as just as much in form as we are!
I had no confidence going into this game. For whatever reason, the Hawks own us.

As I commented on the MB, with the way we have no answer for their pinpoint keepings-off style of play, I honestly don't know how we don't lose by 100 every time. So a one goal loss is no embarrassment.

I still feel very confident of our chances against Adelaide and Geelong, both of which are far more relevant to our potential for going deep in the finals.

Just have to admit it, that Hawthorn (or Clarkson), will almost always be us (or Longmire.) But while Hawks prob won't make the finals, we're definitely not done yet.

We were always going to lose this with Lloyd and Rohan out...always! We played very poor football yet lost by 6, nothing to be ashamed of considering Hawks are as just as much in form as we are!

I think this is a good and true take, but I'm still absolutely spewin'.

How did Roughead get three one-on-ones against Jones, Mills and Hannebery, two in the goalsquare? Unbelievable. Simply should not happen, it's not like we're short of capable talls in Grundy, Melican, and Rampe.

Umpires didn't help in the first half but was more even in the second.

Foote and Robinson aren't terrible but they're slow and we can't afford that, especially not on a big ground like the MCG against a side like the Hawks. Unfortunately we're running out of time to blood Dawson before finals.
Marsh was a far better option than either Foote or Robinson as were Aliir and Dawson.Could lose Naismith to injury and Buddy to suspension next week so we had better bloody well get the selections right for Geelong.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

JPK struggled with injury early on
Lance tried too hard
Hawthorn out marked us.

Maybe an ok call if we were on top but not gonna happen and JPK likely to miss next week IMO

I just can't - As far as I'm concerned the season is done and the dream run is over. Geelong down there is rare and we never beat the Crows over there. Hawks are always the nail and I'm pissed off. Wife hates my guts and I'm on the piss so that doesn't exactly ******* help either.

Cmon Banyo...she'll be back in love with when the sun come up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horse is a average coach with a sublime team.

Mate, Horse wasn't telling them to consistently bomb it to no one going forward, or fail to chase their opponents when they're coming out of defence. Like, they all spoke about it in the lead up, but then didn't execute.

The selection of Foote is ******* maddening, though.

I had no confidence going into this game. For whatever reason, the Hawks own us.

As I commented on the MB, with the way we have no answer for their pinpoint keepings-off style of play, I honestly don't know how we don't lose by 100 every time. So a one goal loss is no embarrassment.

I still feel very confident of our chances against Adelaide and Geelong, both of which are far more relevant to our potential for going deep in the finals.

Just have to admit it, that Hawthorn (or Clarkson), will almost always be us (or Longmire.) But while Hawks prob won't make the finals, we're definitely not done yet.
Good reply but Clarko didn't beat Longmire at MCG last year, ie the last time the two teams met at the holy grail. Everything else, definitely yep!

For a s**t coach and no up and coming players there still not s bad side

And with all their outs you referenced opposition supporters can enjoy that very small window of Hawks being s**t. We are their bridesmaids during their success really.

Mate, Horse wasn't telling them to consistently bomb it to no one going forward.

The selection of Foote is ******* maddening.
Travelling emergency...you can't just recruit someone from the back alley!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't - As far as I'm concerned the season is done and the dream run is over. Geelong down there is rare and we never beat the Crows over there. Hawks are always the nail and I'm pissed off. Wife hates my guts and I'm on the piss so that doesn't exactly ******* help either.

Hmm

Try pr0n

JPK struggled with injury early on
Lance tried too hard
Hawthorn out marked us.

Laid out like a poem I like it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back