Autopsy Swans vs Hawks (R19, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, Horse wasn't telling them to consistently bomb it to no one going forward, or fail to chase their opponents when they're coming out of defence. Like, they all spoke about it in the lead up, but then didn't execute.

The selection of Foote is ******* maddening, though.

They were bombing because sinclair marking everything last week.....

Or they're thinking...'I could do with the well paid week off, it'll really freshen me up for the run home to the finals where I'm determined to show the coaches that I can play AFL football'!
no they are thinking I wish I was from NSW to get a game today

Hawthorn flog standing next to me on the train is scrolling through this thread. What a flog.

Maybe you too can be friends

Hi hawk guy on train

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin had 13 disposals, 38% DE, 1.3
Kennedy had 14 disposals albeit hampered with injury
Heeney had 25 disposals, 64% DE (way below par for him), some critical turnovers
Rampe was well beaten and dropped marks he'd usually take
Hannebery only 20 disposals, 6 kicks

When your better players are that down on output, it makes it incredibly hard to win games. On top of that, we had a number of players at our bottom end who didn't give us much either. Considering this, it's surprising that the final margin was only 6 points. It was far from a complete performance from the Hawks, they were poor for patches which is the most disappointing part of this loss.

So the usual against them. And them playing at above elite levels of football. Every game against the Hawfs in a nutshell right there.
The outs before the game didn't help. Reckon it's the first time Mills lined up in the midfield ever at first bounce, with him and Lloyd not there we looked confused everywhere. We never duck with our back six, ever. The forwards, mids, wings rotate, not the back 6. Horse s**t the bed again. And some of our best had shockers

Heeney had 25 disposals, 64% DE (way below par for him), some critical turnovers

When your better players are that down on output, it makes it incredibly hard to win games. On top of that, we had a number of players at our bottom end who didn't give us much either. Considering this, it's surprising that the final margin was only 6 points. It was far from a complete performance from the Hawks, they were poor for patches which is the most disappointing part of this loss.
Wish I could get 25 at 64!

The outs before the game didn't help. Reckon it's the first time Mills lined up in the midfield ever at first bounce, with him and Lloyd not there we looked confused everywhere. We never duck with our back six, ever. The forwards, mids, wings rotate, not the back 6. Horse s**t the bed again. And some of our best had shockers
Yeah but this always happens against the Hawfs. I said pregame that something (or in this case almost everything) goes wrong against them. Whether it be pregame or during the game. Whether it be self inflicted or something out of control it just happens. I mean like what the hell?

Lots of things contributed to the loss IMO:

18 of the 22 below or well below their best
Footskills under no pressure are good but we go to water under real pressure against teams with precise movement
Simple chest grabs dropped
Slipped off way too many tackles
Beaten in the coaches box
Jordan Foote brings almost nothing to the table
Calamity Sinclair has had his 15 minutes of fame, now back to shame
Spuds like McEvoy and Langford made to look like world beaters
Umpires the cherry on the sh1t cake

Fuuck I hate Hawthorn.

I agree that's what is so frustrating. They weren't that good, we were just hopelessly bad. No doubt they were better than us (for the most part) but that doesn't mean they were necessarily good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back