Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to get continuity in his footy and has now suffered 3 soft tissue injuries this season.
4 home and away games to go and the VFL won't make finals to get him match fitness.

Don't want underdone players going into the finals so does this put into serious question his place in our finals side?

I say he is done for the season to be honest.

I say at least 4 weeks, then I want him to get through a VFL game.

Can't seem to get continuity in his footy and has now suffered 3 soft tissue injuries this season.
4 home and away games to go and the VFL won't make finals to get him match fitness.

Don't want underdone players going into the finals so does this put into serious question his place in our finals side?
he gets picked ahead of blicavs.

After his first 3 quarters after 4 weeks off with no lead up game.
It's a chance we should be willing to take

Very frustrating, should have had at least half at VFL level before coming back in. He'll be back this year.

He has to play if fit. His and parfitt's forward pressure are what we will need on the big ground at the G if we are to protect our slow back 6 on the spread.

Given motlop and menzel's forward pressure are poor we have to roll the dice with cockatoo if he can get back. The pre finals bye will give him a chance.

Very frustrating, should have had at least half at VFL level before coming back in. He'll be back this year.

I agree i was pretty surprised we didn't bring him back through the 2s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has to play if fit. His and parfitt's forward pressure are what we will need on the big ground at the G if we are to protect our slow back 6 on the spread.

Given motlop and menzel's forward pressure are poor we have to roll the dice with cockatoo if he can get back. The pre finals bye will give him a chance.
not just his forward pressure. his marking ability and ability to win the ball in a contest is phenomenal for a player his age.

not just his forward pressure. his marking ability and ability to win the ball in a contest is phenomenal for a player his age.

I agree on all that i highlighted the forward pressure though because it's what we lack inside 50. Hawkins Menzel Taylor Danger (when up there) Menegola et al is lots of marking power but our pressure on the opposition rebound is our weakness. Big loss to that he is.

And we have to play Jones while he's out. He has not earned it but it's irrelevant right now. We need whatever speed, pressure and energy we can get. As you point out Menzel and Motlop give #### all and against decent sides it kills us.

And we have to play Jones while he's out. He has not earned it but it's irrelevant right now. We need whatever speed, pressure and energy we can get. As you point out Menzel and Motlop give #### all and against decent sides it kills us.

I don't disagree with that theory but i think jones is a fair bit off they would bring simpson back before him. As it is probably neither will play and we will reshuffle, murdoch might be forward until cockatoo returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back