Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

No not at all, but her track record over a very long time is ENVIABLE and work ethic and diligence is outstanding , check out her record over the last 10-15 years say . I will choose to be guided the facts and her record and expertise in this case , Cal Twoomey not bad either rate these 2 very highly together with the doyen shifter , its always a joy to read their extremely well researched and well informed analyses leading up to the draft, the time and effort they must put in is remarkable and it shows.
Emma mostly relied on journalistic questioning of recruiters
her test is now i guess as an afl recruiter
we did ok from this draft but hindsight says curnow over francis matheson over morgan
recruiting aint an exact science

Live? 7-8 this year, a bit over a dozen last year
And every game you have watched him play live he is not even VFL standard? You are either trolling, haven't really watched him play live much at all, or hate him so much that you are completely biased.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

And every game you have watched him play live he is not even VFL standard? You are either trolling, haven't really watched him play live much at all, or hate him so much that you are completely biased.

I haven't seen him play at all, but the consensus seems to be that he's not shown much. You think he shouldn't be written off yet?

It was a joke Joyce. He's been below VFL standard for many of his games this year and last. I'd rather Aaron Heppell on the list and Heppell is a VFL player I have firmly in the "won't make it in the AFL" list I have.

I'd say from the 2 years worth of vision I've seen from in there's been one game where he's shown any AFL qualities, which was Coburg last year. He showed that he could run and kick that day but he also showed a complete lack of respect to his direct opponents, who kicked 5 between them (can't remember who they were though) and probably cost us that game.

Then again you argued last year that he played a good game against Sandy where his direct opponent kicked 6 and he collected about 10 touches

Heppell is way off being an AFL standard player and never will be. The fact that Morgan is on a senior list shows that he is closer to AFL standard.

Last edited:
You have a habit of making stuff up don't you?

Heppell is way off being an AFL standard player and never will be. The fact that Morgan is on a senior list shows that he is closer to AFL standard.

That's why I have him on my "will never make it in the AFL" list

Can you please both shut up?

You're giving even me the shits and I'm the king of pointless as * arguments.

* you Jade I am don't start with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting logic. By that logic if you go back two years ago, Steinberg and Hams were closer to AFL standard than Tippungwuti.

Morgan was taken as a speculative pick, prematurely early? perhaps. He was allowed to free wheel in his draft year through the total lack of defensive accountability and respect for an opponent.
When players have the rebounding ability of Morgan, you let them play a bit looser. Unfortunately he seems to have lost all confidence in his body and football ability in general, so we're left with someone who is poor both defensively and offensively. It really sucks because he would've formed a deadly trio off half-back alongside McGrath and McKenna.
How often has he been tried in positions other than off the HBF? With good skills and serious pace could he be an option on the wing to try and find more of the ball, or as a zippy small forward?
Spent a small amount of time up forward, although he actually looked quite promising as a burst type midfielder. Very clean hands and composed in tight, but haven't seen him play that role at VFL level. Haven't got too high hopes for him there unfortunately, playing in the backline was what suited him most.

Nothing wrong with that imo. If he'd been able to bring it all together his speed and kicking would make him a more than handy player

No drama's taking him, probably wouldn't have taken him inside the top 30 though.

imho, better options were available (Mitch Hibberd, Riley Bonner as similar type players taken soon after pick 29).

No drama's taking him, probably wouldn't have taken him inside the top 30 though.

imho, better options were available (Mitch Hibberd, Riley Bonner as similar type players taken soon after pick 29).
I was surprised when we took him as well, but seeing as Redman and Hartley look like good picks it's difficult to be too annoyed at the club's approach. Hartley and Brown were deliberately safe picks to make up for the punts on Redman and Morgan IMO.

Wait a sec. Dalgleish got the ball and could stop an opponent.
Morgan has shown this season he can stop his direct opponent. It has been his biggest area of improvement. He is now actually quite reliable one on one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back