Rumour Pie + Saint 'Coming out' on The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they want to talk about their sexuality on national television? It's nobody's ******* business. I want to make an announcement right here on big footy - I'm heterosexual. There. I said it. Thank god. I can get on with the rest of my life. Oh wait. I just realized. Nobody really gives a s**t.

Why would they want to talk about their sexuality on national television? It's nobody's ******* business. I want to make an announcement right here on big footy - I'm heterosexual. There. I said it. Thank god. I can get on with the rest of my life. Oh wait. I just realized. Nobody really gives a s**t.
So you came in here and took the time to comment to let us know you don't care?

Considering there has never been an openly homosexual player at AFL level it is a pretty *in big deal

Despite how much you need to shout that you don't care

I don't understand why they have to "come out" at all. Who gives a ****?
Because they probably want to be able to be proud of who they are.

Right now things like the B&F, Brownlow etc are events where these two couldn't just simply rock up with a bloke without saying they're gay.

The Footy Show part just stinks of Eddie wanting some ratings to revive the show.
You can't see the difference?

Unfortunately someone has to be a trailblazer because of the way society is. Hopefully it's accepted by all and future players can simply just display to everyone that they're gay without having to announce it or make any big fuss, but unfortunately we're not there yet.

Last edited:
The other looks incredibly stern. Dude has no personality whatsoever. And s**t hair.

Did anyone go to school with either of these dudes and hear anything?

One of them seems a candidate to do it in 4-5 years when they're delisted... The other would be big news.
My mate played at Oakleigh with them. Told me about it a few months ago. Apparently the Collingwood player wanted to come out ages ago but Collingwood ended up stopping him from doing so.

Very common knowledge in footy circles.

Much prefer if it was a star player at the end of their career coming out rather than a young up and comer.
And i would only prefer that so the established, perhaps retiring star could take the heat, and would perhaps have less to lose and all that.
Sad in some ways to be even saying that but there it is.
That said I simply don't care and yes I know I am not the greater footy/sporting/public world who probably would be fascinated by it all.
As long as the interest is genuine, sincere and supportive.

My mate played at Oakleigh with them. Told me about it a few months ago. Apparently the Collingwood player wanted to come out ages ago but Collingwood ended up stopping him from doing so.

Very common knowledge in footy circles.
Then if the OP is true, Eddie is just doing this to drum up ratings for his shitty show. Pretty low. Would have been nice to,support him doing it on his own time, and not when there are personal gains to be made for others.

Then if the OP is true, Eddie is just doing this to drum up ratings for his shitty show. Pretty low. Would have been nice to,support him doing it on his own time, and not when there are personal gains to be made for others.
Yeah if that part is true then I'm really surprised.

Unless Eddie thinks that is the best platform for them to share it as he's host and can control how things go?

If they go as a couple to the Brownlow this year, Robbo won't go on and on and on about it, pinching his nipples whilst highlighting any kiss like he did during the AFLW best and fairest event.
Wouldn't at least one of them have to be invited to the Brownlow first? Not everyone has a media pass like Robbo. And if both are invited then you have the awkward thing of which club table do they sit at?

My son is gay and after reading the last 10 pages I am pleasantly surprised to see that most on here see it is as normal and no big a deal. Well done BigFooty.com ✔️
Be proud of your son as I'm sure you are. He must be a courageous young man and you a great dad, my thoughts and best wishes are with him.
Strength to him. Great story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if that part is true then I'm really surprised.

Unless Eddie thinks that is the best platform for them to share it as he's host and can control how things go?

No-one including Eddie, can control the opposition fans who will hang over the fence and yell homophobic abuse. Unfortunately there will always be one or two in the crowd.....and why the hell would/should they put themselves through that just to please others, be it Eddie for TFS ratings or the general footy public.

As I said in an earlier post, if family and friends know, that is all that matters.....it's no-one else's business.

No-one including Eddie, can control the opposition fans who will hang over the fence and yell homophobic abuse. Unfortunately there will always be one or two in the crowd.....and why the hell would/should they put themselves through that just to please others, be it Eddie for TFS ratings or the general footy public.

As I said in an earlier post, if family and friends know, that is all that matters.....it's no-one else's business.
That's all that matters? So having to hide the relationship in public, at a b n f, at the Brownlow etc etc is okay?

That's all that matters? So having to hide the relationship in public, at a b n f, at the Brownlow etc etc is okay?

..if family and friends know, they are not hiding it are they? They would obviously be going about their lives as normal, including out and about in public....that would include any B n F's, footy functions. Not everyone walks around holding hands or putting on a PDA.....but if they want to, they can. It's no-one's business.

If all this is true, then going by some posts, it seems people know anyway simply by them going about their business as usual........without the big announcement.

They don't need to hide their relationship, the same as they don't need to do a public announcement. Just go about their business like everyone else.

That would be quite normal..

As a society we have come a long way, people accept homosexuality now......so I don't see a need to make a public announcement about it.

We the public, who don't personally know these two players, don't need to be told.

Not sure why you're singling out the opposition fans, a clubs own fans can be just as abusive if not more so to their own players.

..if family and friends know, they are not hiding it are they? They would obviously be going about their lives as normal, including out and about in public....that would include any B n F's, footy functions. Not everyone walks around holding hands or putting on a PDA.....but if they want to, they can. It's no-one's business.

If all this is true, then going by some posts, it seems people know anyway simply by them going about their business as usual........without the big announcement.

They don't need to hide their relationship, the same as they don't need to do a public announcement. Just go about their business like everyone else.

That would be quite normal..

As a society we have come a long way, people accept homosexuality now......so I don't see a need to make a public announcement about it.

We the public, who don't personally know these two players, don't need to be told.
They don't owe us to be told obviously

But it's stupid (and most likely disingenuously covering up) to suggest they don't need to tell people.

So they rock up at the Brownlow, as each other's dates, and end up with journos camped on their front lawn the next day.

Or they get on the front foot, and control the release

The only people suggesting "you don't need to tell people" also seem to be the ones thinly veiling homophobia.

If you think about the column inches enjoyed by footballers partners, the argument that there's no public interest is a pretty stupid one.

I'm looking forward to which of these 2 players channel 7 put on the 'rotisserie' on Brownlow night. :drunk:

Appears on instagram with jack Sinclair. Seems legit.

Also, WGAF?

You're an Essendon supporter checking out a Collingwood player's Instagram to see who he hangs out with - that's WGAF.

It'll be a good thing (unfortunately will pump the Footy Show's ratings back up) to have a couple of guys come out, then another and another.

Hopefully in five or ten years we can honestly ask WGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back