List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

Remove this Banner Ad

He definitely doesn't look 181cm. More like 175.

He's one cm taller than me and he is described on the AFL site as "diminutive":

The diminutive 181cm onballer picked up 16 touches

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-30/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-19

diminutive
dɪˈmɪnjʊtɪv/
adjective
adjective: diminutive
extremely or unusually small.

I'm unsure if my self-esteem will ever recover. Will have to strap my 180cm self to the rack and stretch

10-medieval-torture-devices8.jpg

:$:(

the length from his shoulders to the top of his head is like 20cm. He is apparently the same height as Gaff.
gaff is 1cm taller actually. That said, 1cm isn't huge difference and i suspect Gaffy's height probably hasn't been remeasured since 2010/11. Good chance Gaff is taller than that. He looks taller than leccas and crippa and their named as 184cm and 183cm respectively.

I'm unsure if my self-esteem will ever recover. Will have to strap my 180cm self to the rack and stretch

Its no different to basketball. Players are on average a lot taller than normal people. On tv they dont look big but when you see them standing next to fans or some coaching staff you can see they are actually quite tall. Fagan looked like a midget talking to his players today. I always find it amusing when they refer to Gary Ablett as the little master. He is 6 foot which isn't really small at all.

Meh, Its a professional sport that values height and size.We are now getting mids as taller as KPF's from couple of decades ago and and ruckmen from a while ago. We now have KPP's the same size as ruckmen 10 years ago but with much better agility.

Its no different to basketball. Players are on average a lot taller than normal people. On tv they dont look big but when you see them standing next to fans or some coaching staff you can see they are actually quite tall. Fagan looked like a midget talking to his players today. I always find it amusing when they refer to Gary Ablett as the little master. He is 6 foot which isn't really small at all.
My reality check came a few years ago. I thought i was as tall/if not taller than Glassy. Saw him and he had a good few cm's on me. That said i was surprised that woosha was so short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very solid, if unspectacular, debut. Exactly what I think most were expecting (around 15 touches and hopefully hitting the scoreboard, which he did).

In relation to his stature I think he's fairly thickset through the hips/glutes/quads which makes him look somewhat "squat". 181cm is just under six foot in the old scale so definitely small for an inside mid in an era where they're regularly +187cm.

Solid debut, may be unlucky next week if they cram Priddis back in but doesn't deserve to be dropped.

And yes, he looked considerably shorter than the 182cm-listed Gaff. I'd like to see Partington next to Mitchell.

Good game. 16 touches, 3 clearances, 7 CP's, 19 pressure acts (equal 4th on ground), 3 tackles and a bunnings sausage roll.

Good to see he's been working on the defensive side of his game, if that's what Simmo was after. Was worried in the first quarter when he seemed to hang back when he could have pressured, but it must've just been nerves.

I guess the 'little' could be in reference to his father, as Sandy Roberts referred to him as 'the master'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back