Rumour Pie + Saint 'Coming out' on The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just assume everyone is gay. It shouldn't be something shameful to be thought as.

I dont think thats why people are saying dont mention the names.
I just think its up to them whether they decided to come out or keep it a secret, not us.

If the name hadnt already been said, I wouldnt have even brought it out.

Doubt its related but Eddie was discussing homosexuality in the AFL this morning on Triple M, just saying...

If Eddie uses his position as president of Collingwood to 'break' this story re Pies player his role has to be questioned. He should stay the F out of it but he will use it to promote his show, of that I have no doubt.

Every show has these kinda contacts.
No matter which they did it on, people would complain.

It would be a negotiated contract anyhow

I dont think thats why people are saying dont mention the names.
I just think its up to them whether they decided to come out or keep it a secret, not us.
I agree.

The golden rule of life is (just as it is in Hollywood): you never publicly out someone. Allow them to do it themselves. Not your story to tell.

A lot of people have forgotten that Sam is very good friends with Roland Rocchiccioli who appeared on the show in the very early days when it was definitely less politically correct. I doubt there would be the huge implosion from Sam that a lot of people think, considering Roland was always one of the biggest flaming homosexuals you'd see on TV
I didn't forget this either. Sam is a lot of things but not a homophobe. Think I've heard him go on rants about how it's a non issue. That said, he's a bigot, and would likely say something stupid, offensive regardless so, maybe it's check-mate?

I didn't forget this either. Sam is a lot of things but not a homophobe. Think I've heard him go on rants about how it's a non issue. That said, he's a bigot, and would likely say something stupid, offensive regardless so, maybe it's check-mate?

This is where the distinction must be drawn between people who are thoughtless and insensitive and people who are genuinely either against or afraid of homosexuals. Sam would definitely fit into the first category...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If what the OP says is true and the guessing in this thread is correct, then I can guarantee one thing.

If they go as a couple to the Brownlow this year, Robbo won't go on and on and on about it, pinching his nipples whilst highlighting any kiss like he did during the AFLW best and fairest event.
Then again , it is slobbo ... he will find new and unmistakably inappropriate ways to embarrass all concerned .
Dude can turn a grunt into a sentence .

Much prefer if it was a star player at the end of their career coming out rather than a young up and comer.
And i would only prefer that so the established, perhaps retiring star could take the heat, and would perhaps have less to lose and all that.
Sad in some ways to be even saying that but there it is.

Your sexual preference has nothing to do with your ability to play football. Given these two are proud enough to come out on TFS (if rumour is true) means they are probably mentally stronger than most footballers, having dealt with the complexities of being gay their whole lives.

Hopefully this becomes the new norm. It'd be ground-breaking stuff if it happens. I'd support all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back