Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

200-1 at Unibet to win Brownlow and $67 at Centrebet and William Hill to place. Way over the odds.

I think it's pretty unnecessary to keep tagging him every time Crouch has a good game
I agree and disagree. I'm not going to do it cos I think it's petty, but he has a serious vendetta against Matt and labelled the rest of us naive and stupid sheep for thinking he was (or would be) a decent player. He gets no sympathy from me on this topic.

He does make some good points that go against the grain at times, which I like.

I agree and disagree. I'm not going to do it cos I think it's petty, but he has a serious vendetta against Matt and labelled the rest of us naive and stupid sheep for thinking he was (or would be) a decent player. He gets no sympathy from me on this topic.

He does make some good points that go against the grain at times, which I like.

And brad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad is harder to defend because

A) he has stagnated (maybe even marginally gone backwards) since he first came on to the scene
B) He hasn't improved a whole lot this season even after getting a better run with injuries.

While I think this is 90% still due to his lack of a clear run with injuries and he will get better, it's hard to defend the faults in his game from week to week.

Brad is harder to defend because

A) he has stagnated (maybe even marginally gone backwards) since he first came on to the scene
B) He hasn't improved a whole lot this season even after getting a better run with injuries.

While I think this is 90% still due to his lack of a clear run with injuries and he will get better, it's hard to defend the faults in his game from week to week.
Brad just took it up to the Geelong midfield and helped us get over the line.

Can he get better? Sure he is a huge talent but he is performing and very easy to defend.

He's good at the physical stuff yeah. Not damaging though as yet, which is where we know he should be.

So is Clayton Oliver who everyone is "fapping" over damaging enough??

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/5329a6eaf8346476b798a5ac0469939e

Oliver’s stats are stunning — 30 touches a game (Viney 23), 16 contested possessions (Viney 12), seven clearances (Viney 6).

The problem is so much of it is in close — he averages 8 kicks and 22 handballs, only 180 metres gained and has the fourth-lowest metres gained of the top 20 mids.

So what he needs are more games like last week’s 12 inside-50, 12-clearance games to be recognised externally.

Those who have watched every Melbourne game say Oliver would be leading the Demons b-and-f from Michael Hibberd, with Viney well back.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/5329a6eaf8346476b798a5ac0469939e

Oliver’s stats are stunning — 30 touches a game (Viney 23), 16 contested possessions (Viney 12), seven clearances (Viney 6).

The problem is so much of it is in close — he averages 8 kicks and 22 handballs, only 180 metres gained and has the fourth-lowest metres gained of the top 20 mids.

So what he needs are more games like last week’s 12 inside-50, 12-clearance games to be recognised externally.

Those who have watched every Melbourne game say Oliver would be leading the Demons b-and-f from Michael Hibberd, with Viney well back.
And he's still only 19 years old with a nice a bit of mongrel about him. Doubt he'd want to leave Melbourne though and doubt Melbourne would even consider him as part of a trade.

And he's still only 19 years old with a nice a bit of mongrel about him. Doubt he'd want to leave Melbourne though and doubt Melbourne would even consider him as part of a trade.
Rule out Petracca, rule out Oliver, they simply won't be traded to Adelaide

I don't think I understand your point?

The point I was making is re the "damage/hurt" factor for one touted so high??

Averaging 180 metres gained a match is very, very average even for a mid as is his handball to kick ratio. 20 years old as of last month.

I.e. last week 33 Disposals - 6 Kicks - 27 handballs

The point I was making is re the "damage/hurt" factor for one touted so high??

Averaging 180 metres gained a match is very, very average even for a mid as is his handball to kick ratio. 20 years old as of last month.

I.e. last week 33 Disposals - 6 Kicks - 27 handballs

Clayton Oliver and Matt Crouch at stoppages would allow Sloane or B. Crouch to have a more productive outside role.

He is a gun distributor, his handball skills are elite.

I don't think I understand your point?
He's good at the physical stuff yeah. Not damaging though as yet, which is where we know he should be.

Do you think the much talked up Clayton Oliver has this "damage/hurt" factor any more than Brad when he's only averaging 180 metres gained per game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back