List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking up from Dixie Flatline 's excellent list above.

Current known contract expiry by year as at 14th March 2024

Josh Bennetts (B), Luke Breust, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek*, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jack O'Sullivan (2022 ND), Ethan Phillips (SSP) (A), Jack Scrimshaw, Cooper Stephens (A)*, Clay Tucker (A), Chad Wingard
Sam Butler, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear, Connor MacDonald, Finn Maginness, Seamus Mitchell (A) , Max Ramsden (A), Bodie Ryan, Jai Serong , Josh Ward, James Worpel
Karl Amon, James Blanck (A), Henry Hustwaite, Jarman Impey, Mitch Lewis, Bailey MacDonald, Cameron MacKenzie, Will McCabe, Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Ned Reeves, Nick Watson, Josh Weddle
Mabior Chol (with trigger for 2028), Will Day, Jack Ginnivan, James Sicily

* Sourced Aug2023 from Herald Sun, HFC have never disclosed the contract lengths to my knowledge.
(A) Cat A rookie in 2024
(B) Cat B rookie in 2024

Last edited:
Haha, yes, without the subsequent trade though.

Although, you never know what the Club is doing come trade week. Just that its the right decision.
You can't knock the club for making hard calls which seem at the time to be wrong
(Mitchell and Lewis for a pack of chips was a head scratcher at the time, correct call now)
I'm hoping guys like Doc, Sicily JOR and Shoey are signed up asap

Caught the end of the replay this morning and heard Ralph say that Sicily is about to sign a new 2 year deal, Hartung is about to re-sign as are TOB and possibly Schoey.

I didn't hear him mention Jono which is worrying from my pov. Can anyone back this up/ clear up what was said?

He reported that Hardwick, and the other Hawthorn youngsters would sign on again soon. Inferred that we would do it as in past years; one a day or something similar.

Seems the Club is being either very slow or quiet about contracts this year. Not a lot of activity. Not sure what it means. Full faith in the club though, but would love to see some re-signings soon.
I'm betting they'll be making announcements in September, just to keep some sort of relevancy during the finals. Timing is everything. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First post now updated to take into account the contracts signed by Hawthorn players.

Expiry by year:

2017: Willsmore*, O'Rourke*, Surman+, Hartung, Gibson^, Duryea, Burgoyne, Hodge^, Ceglar, Sicily, O'Brien, Schoenmakers, Lovell, Stewart, Fitzpatrick, Henderson, Heatherley
2018: Roughead, Frawley, Howe, Miles, Pittonet, Puopolo, Vickery, Nash, Lewis, Brand, Hanrahan, Morrison, Whitecross
2019: Clarkson, Gunston, Stratton, Shiels, Will Langford, O'Meara, Birchall, Glass, Hardwick, McEvoy, Cousins
2020: Rioli, Smith, Burton
2021: Breust, Mitchell#

* Actual contract expiry unknown - expected/assumed to expire at the end of 2017.
^ Players have announced (or will shortly announce) their retirement at the end of the 2017 season.
+ Has already returned to South Australia and will be delisted during list lodgment.
# In July 2017, the Herald-Sun reported that Hawthorn signed Tom Mitchell to a five year contract. The Hawks have not confirmed the length of Mitchell's contract.

Last edited:
Sicily Obrien

The longer it doesn't happen, the more you think trades may happen

Schoey and Durea are restricted free agents apparently. Back loading?

You can't knock the club for making hard calls which seem at the time to be wrong
(Mitchell and Lewis for a pack of chips was a head scratcher at the time, correct call now)
I'm hoping guys like Doc, Sicily JOR and Shoey are signed up asap
I am hearing Schoenmakers and Duryea are about to sign 1 year deals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back