Upper Murray 2015

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Any whispers of Clubs chasing that last minute recruit to top up their lists? Have we all just decided it's a 2 horse race or can someone come out of the pack and give it a shake?

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has anyone got a report from the top of the table clash at the weekend? Bullioh did it fairly easily. Heard there was a few injuries at the demons camp.
Old Kenny was at that game, you are rite corryong did have a few players out through injury but that didn't cost them the game.The 1st quarter was where Bullioh set the win up kicking 6gls to Corryong 2gls, the end margin could of been much bigger if it wasn't for D.McInnes J.Damm , D.Low and the Nicholas brothers.Bullioh players were allowed to run because corryong players weren't prepared to man them up and their skill level let them down .
The young kid Zac Burhop played just as good as he did in the 1st game if he plays like that every week he would be my tip for top 3 finish in league B.F. .Bullioh's other best players i thought were C.Reid,H.Clarke,L.Welsh,L.Nicholson you could name the hold lot it was a great team effort and RIP P.Dean played down back.
The Corryong players now need to regroup make sure they are accountable for their opponent if they don't want to loose anymore games.
I still think they will be the 2 sides that play in G.F. Bullioh from what i saw would have to be favorite plus it's the only team that has the depth in the ressies to cover injuries.And to BOS at Walwa keep going mate

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
What's happened at Cudgewa? Have the wheels fallen off or just an off day last weekend. Was talk of a heap of guys returning last weekend. Did Border Walwa just do everything right?

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Is Peter Dean correct?
Has the Comp got weaker?
Nice work by him trying to take the pressure away from his side. We will see just how good the footy Corryong are playing this weekend I suppose

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rip you can count out tumba and unless cudgie can pull a rabbit out of a hat that will be final 4 with walwa still in with a chance for 3rd spot.
Will do my team of the year shortly

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
MY TEAM OF THE YEAR
B. J.Damm[corry] C.Reid[bull] J.Jarvis[feds]
H.B. L.Nicholson[bull] J.Cleven[cudg] E.Nicholas[corry]
C. T.McKimmie[feds] T.Bennetts[tum] Z.Burhop[bull]
H.F. B.Phillips[bull] Grimes[corry] D.McCarthy[bw]
F.B.Roberts[bull] Williams[corry] L.Welsh[bull]

FOLL. T.Nicholas[corry] H.Clarke[bull] M.Pynnapples[cudg]
INTER. T.Post[tumba] A.Greenhill[bw] J.Brown[cudg] D.Lowe[corry]
CAPT- E.Nicholas\ C.Reid
Coach. C.Bosley[ walwa]
Tip for medal i think will be between H.Clarke\Z.Burhop bullioh with my two dark horses T.Bennetts[tumba] an D.McCarthy[walwa]

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
MY TEAM OF THE YEAR
B. J.Damm[corry] C.Reid[bull] J.Jarvis[feds]
H.B. L.Nicholson[bull] J.Cleven[cudg] E.Nicholas[corry]
C. T.McKimmie[feds] T.Bennetts[tum] Z.Burhop[bull]
H.F. B.Phillips[bull] Grimes[corry] D.McCarthy[bw]
F.B.Roberts[bull] Williams[corry] L.Welsh[bull]

FOLL. T.Nicholas[corry] H.Clarke[bull] M.Pynnapples[cudg]
INTER. T.Post[tumba] A.Greenhill[bw] J.Brown[cudg] D.Lowe[corry]
CAPT- E.Nicholas\ C.Reid
Coach. C.Bosley[ walwa]
Tip for medal i think will be between H.Clarke\Z.Burhop bullioh with my two dark horses T.Bennetts[tumba] an D.McCarthy[walwa]
Jarvis must go alright Chopper, hasn't he been playing Reserves?

Last edited:

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Big Game on this weekend between B/W and Feds. Knowing they will play again the following week what does everyone think the mindset of the Coaches would be?

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Long time reader
League medal: H. Clarke / J.Williams
Smokey: D. McCarthy
BOG in GF: A. Freeman
Premiers: Bullioh
Biggest surprise: Walwa
I'll have a crack.
League medal- H Clarke
Smokey- L Bloom
Premiers- Bullioh
Gf Bog- Clarke
Surprise- Don't think there has been any. Quite a predictable year really.
Well done to walwa for winning a final last weekend. The club as had some crook years but it's good to see some success come their way.

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll have a crack.
League medal- H Clarke
Smokey- L Bloom
Premiers- Bullioh
Gf Bog- Clarke
Surprise- Don't think there has been any. Quite a predictable year really.
Well done to walwa for winning a final last weekend. The club as had some crook years but it's good to see some success come their way.

League Medal- Burhop/Clarke
Smokey-McCarthy/ Bennetts/ McKimmie
Premiers-Corryong
GF Medal-Rijnbeek
Surprise Packet for me would have to be Cudgewa. I would've thought with all the talk pre Season of them recruiting well they would've at least made Finals

coachboon

Draftee
Aug 15, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Team of the year agree or disagree

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 66

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Team of the year agree or disagree
coachboon what do you think of team of the year?Me personally i think a couple of players shouldn't be in it but that's my opinion.
With the G.F. this weekend i would like to see Corryong take home the bacon but i'm leaning towards Bullioh by 14pts. If Corryong can produce the same sort of footy they played in 2nd semi against Bullioh it will come down to the last quarter. Bullioh looked a better side last week with J.Culph up forward which they will need if they want to combat corryongs talls.
My pick for G.F. Medal Tom Nicholas from corryong or Zac Burhop from bullioh.
Bullioh in the ressies
Feds in the thirds

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done feds in the thirds
Great game in the ressies Bullioh by 5pts
Well done to Evan and players great win for the Corryong Football Club.
Left straight after the game but would like to know who won medal

Back