• Joe Daniher

• Tom Boyd

• Jesse Hogan

• Darcy Moore

• Peter Wright

• Patrick McCartin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong Darce, Luke retired in 2007. And you call yourself a Dogs supporter...

There's only one Darcy. And thanks to a few long years at university my 2007-2011 is a bit of a muddle. Can't believe Darce has been gone that long

There's only one Darcy. And thanks to a few long years at university my 2007-2011 is a bit of a muddle. Can't believe Darce has been gone that long

PARISH%20Darcy.png

I'd have him 2nd, Can understand people picking Bont though.
Reckon it's basically lineball. They are clearly the best talents that are yet to hit their prime. Both incredible game changers with ridiculous X-Fatctor.

Remember an 'On the Couch' episode a week or two ago, with the question being 'who would you rather, Marcus Bontempelli or Joe Daniher'. I was honestly thinking Jonno Brown would say Daniher but he picked the Bont, with the rest either questioning or agreeing with him. As I said before, you'd be extroadinarily lucky to have either of them and I am certainly very happy with the Bont :)

Reckon it's basically lineball. They are clearly the best talents that are yet to hit their prime. Both incredible game changers with ridiculous X-Fatctor.

Remember an 'On the Couch' episode a week or two ago, with the question being 'who would you rather, Marcus Bontempelli or Joe Daniher'. I was honestly thinking Jonno Brown would say Daniher but he picked the Bont, with the rest either questioning or agreeing with him. As I said before, you'd be extroadinarily lucky to have either of them and I am certainly very happy with the Bont :)

Absolutely, I would like to see that on the couch segment, It's an interesting topic. Can build teams around both.

I'm a big Daniher fan but its probably still the Bont at this stage. Daniher needs to value his possessions more and goes for the spectacular option too much for my liking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big Daniher fan but its probably still the Bont at this stage. Daniher needs to value his possessions more and goes for the spectacular option too much for my liking.
Obviously I'm biased and would be inclined to chose the Bont, but Joey Daniher is a special player. Reckon Bont just tops him in terms of value with his leadership (I wouldn't have a clue what Joe Daniher's leadership is like, but Bont has already captained a team to victory and seems a chance to become captain in the next year or two). Reckon this could do with a thread of its own, but as Panna said above, they are completely different players.

Obviously I'm biased and would be inclined to chose the Bont, but Joey Daniher is a special player. Reckon Bont just tops him in terms of value with his leadership (I wouldn't have a clue what Joe Daniher's leadership is like, but Bont has already captained a team to victory and seems a chance to become captain in the next year or two). Reckon this could do with a thread of its own, but as Panna said above, they are completely different players.

Joey is an impeccable young man and leader.

Bont is probably a better leader but Daniher is still an inspirational player and in our leadership group. Both sensational young players though.

Three years on and the only player from the thread title playing any semblance of good footy is now a gun KPD.

That’s where the game has gone. If these players were equivalent talents drafted 30 years ago they would likely be part of a golden age of key forwards.

Just goes to show that no matter how much we think we know, things change.

It's hard to account for injury, attitude, lifestyle choices, disinterest etc

that too.

but I reckon we see now those gun forward talents are often the 190 odd cm guys. DeGoey, Curnow, mihocek etc

or the smaller guys. Papley is a small forward in a s**t team but leading the Coleman. Usually small forwards go missing in bad sides.

that too.
but I reckon we see now those gun forward talents are often the 190 odd cm guys. DeGoey, Curnow, mihocek etc
or the smaller guys. Papley is a small forward in a sh*t team but leading the Coleman. Usually small forwards go missing in bad sides.

Maybe time to start a new thread on young tall forwards then - MKing, BKing, HMcKay, Hipwood, Naughton Blakey.

Little doubt we'll be made to looks equally as foolish for that one :)

Maybe time to start a new thread on young tall forwards then - MKing, BKing, HMcKay, Hipwood, Naughton Blakey.

Little doubt we'll be made to looks equally as foolish for that one :)

every chance 2/3 of those just won’t make it going on history

imo Naughton would be the Moore, natural kpd playing forward. Will see long term with Jamarra and how he goes

every chance 2/3 of those just won’t make it going on history

imo Naughton would be the Moore, natural kpd playing forward. Will see long term with Jamarra and how he goes

I think Blakey could also be used elsewhere long term.

Certainly think the first 4 should be set as forwards from what I've viewed.

Back