NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Moore>Cutler (commentary and football) :D

Based off Cutler media interviews thats not a high bar. Hell even Elisha Manning might have more passion when talking about the game.

image.jpg

Jerry Jones wants to be Mark Davis.

Or the Morty that eats his own s**t and likes Jerry from Rick and Morty
1324782.jpg

I'm lost here...

I think, without reading anymore at the moment, they're thinking that if this is happening they might have to properly fix the injury from last year that he opted to not have surgically repaired.

But yeah wait and see. Maybe even take a knee...

Last edited:

Miami might want to trade for Brock, Foles, or Gabbert. Or get an upgrade by getting McCarron from Cinci

We are talking about Tannerhill so its not like its a star QB that they will lose

So long as they dont go and give a kings ransom for Bradford like the Vikes did, stupidity at its finest. They aren't Super Bowl contenders, frustrating to have a season gone before it starts but knee jerk reactions and trying to salvage a playoff birth will only hurt you further down the road.

According to ESPN it won't be Kaep and not for reasons everyone thinks.

Apparently Kaep is a Fidel Castro supporter and the large Cuban (and anti Castro) population in Miami would be pissed off.

Apparently Kaep is a Fidel Castro supporter and the large Cuban (and anti Castro) population in Miami would be pissed off.
funny that

I wouldn't * with Tony Montana (Joe is his cousin) either.

I wouldn't **** with Tony Montana (Joe is his cousin) either.

"Ok Kaep, you wanna * with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steelers rookie QB Bart Houston has a name rooted in football lore

June 18, 2017 8:39 PM

By John Hollinger / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

When Guy Houston — father of Steelers rookie quarterback Bart Houston — got married, he said one thing was absolutely guaranteed: His first-born son would be named after his childhood hero, Bart Starr.

“That was my only non-negotiable term that I made in my marriage,” said Houston, who grew up a Packers fan. “People ask me, ‘How in the world does a Packer fan come from California?’”

It turns out Guy’s father, Fred, was the coach of San Ramon Valley High School, which wore the Packers colors of green and yellow.

“So Friday nights I pretended I played for the San Ramon Wolves and Sunday I played for the Green Bay Packers,” the elder Houston joked. Perfect logic for a young, sports-enthused kid.

“And Bart Starr was their quarterback, so he was my hero.”

Meeting his hero was a different story. Bart Houston was a kid when he and his father met his namesake.

“It was actually pretty funny how it [meeting Starr] happened,” said Bart Houston next to his locker Sunday after the final Steelers minicamp session. Mr. Houston brought both of his sons, Bart, who was just 12-years-old, and his younger brother, Sumner, to Canton, Ohio, and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. They were expecting to see Starr there. But Starr was nowhere to be found.

Instead, Starr was in San Francisco the following weekend — at a card show just a few miles from where they lived. Despite criss-crossing the country, it was worth the effort.

Bart said, “Whoa, this is the guy I’m named after. This is a lot of history. My Dad really looked up to this guy and I’m named after him for a reason. Maybe I got to be like him.”

Celebrity neighbor

The Houston family also became close with another football icon, who lived across the street. Fred, the high school coach and Bart’s grandfather, would often invite his neighbor over to talk football. The neighbor: Former Raiders head coach and television analyst John Madden.

“We didn't know him as ‘John Madden,’” said Guy Houston. “He was just another coach. He was always Mr. Madden.” Guy said he remembered watching his father and Mr. Madden drawing up plays using X’s and O’s out of napkins at the table.

Guy went on to play quarterback and pitcher at Saint Mary’s College in California. It almost seemed inevitable that Bart would become a quarterback.

Like his father, Bart played quarterback and pitcher.

Bart’s earliest remember include throwing something: “Me throwing dirt-clods into the pool.” He laughed. “That really [ticked Dad] off. I threw anything — balls, rocks. That was just my thing.”

Coincidentally, or maybe by fate, Bart went on to play at the University of Wisconsin — the same state of Bart Starr’s Packers. In 2016, during his final year as a Badger, Bart Houston and Wisconsin played host to LSU at Lambeau Field, the Packers’ home and site of so many of Bart Starr’s heroics.

That day, Bart Houston and the Badgers pulled off the upset and defeated the No. 5-ranked team in the country.

Sports and politics

While growing up, Bart Houston was exposed to more than just football.

His father was a politician, holding office as mayor of Dublin, Calif., and as an assemblyman in the state’s House of Representatives. As a result, a Bart Houston met senators and presidents — Bill Clinton and George H.W. and George W. Bush — and actor and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Mr. Schwarzenegger’s fashion sense stood out. “He wasn't the ‘Governator’ yet,” he said. “I remember him being very short and having cowboy boots. So he’s got some style.”

Meeting people in elected office taught him how to dress the part, Bart said. Guy said his experience in office was a positive experience for the family.

“I think it keeps you grounded,” said Guy. “Because you’re not as awestruck when you see them [celebrities].”

Fly like an Eagle

Bart and his brother, Sumner, who plays football at Oregon State, have both achieved the level of Eagle Scout, an accomplishment reached by only 4 percent of all Boy Scouts.

The experience helped the brothers find an outlet away from the playing field.

“Boy Scouts was awesome because you can talk about anything other than sports,” said Bart.

Sumner, who started his college career as as a defensive tackle, has switched to center. To help with the transition, he was able to practice his snaps with Bart, just like in their youth.

“The last time he snapped to Bart was in third grade in pee-wee football,” said Guy Houston.

In the big leagues

Bart said he studies the Steelers playbook every night. He says his brother is smarter, but Bart was no slouch in the classroom. He was named to the Big Ten’s all-academic team four times.

He attributed his work ethic to his father and mother, Inge, who have been there for the entire journey — from throwing lumps of dirt into the pool to standing in a Steelers uniform on the first day of mini-camp and throwing the ball with Ben Roethlisberger just a few feet away.

“[My dad] has been a huge factor, and not just him, my mom, too,” Bart said. “When my dad was into politics, my mom really took care of me, my little brother and little sister.”

High school also played a part. Bart attended perennial powerhouse De La Salle, where he said the culture was more than just winning.

“We won three state-championships, but none of that mattered,” he said. “Our character and helping the brother next to us, that was our thing.

“We’d get into 30-point leads at halftime and still be (upset) at each other because we’re not doing the right thing — that was the culture I was raised in,” he said.

Lesson learned

High school, college, Eagle Scouts, family. “It taught me what kind of teammate you’re supposed to be ... from the character and the values I've had to get me to where I’m standing right here in the locker room,” Bart said.

After the rookie closed out the final day of minicamp on Thursday and took his final snaps of spring, he realized he’s been given an opportunity his father’s hero once had: to play professional football.

And that marriage ultimatum? It now seems like a prediction.

Well done, pops.

He's much better than that inane Eagles guy screamin' and a-hollerin' but then he spends the last half of the video doing just that repeatedly.

He's just a visual representation of the NFC East threads.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins have had discussions with retired QB Jay Cutler about a potential deal.

It's more confirmation the Dolphins are seriously considering signing Cutler. Per RapSheet, Cutler is Miami's "top choice" if Ryan Tannehill (knee) is ruled out for the season. Cutler reportedly told Adam Gase he's willing to come out of retirement to play for Miami. The Dolphins are waiting on more tests before make a decision on Tannehill, but they clearly view Cutler as his replacement.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 4 - 7:19 PM

Feel good story of the year by far....

------------

Buccaneers K Roberto Aguayo has outperformed Nick Folk through the first week of training camp.

Aguayo drilled all seven of his attempts during Friday's session while the veteran Folk missed at least three kicks with all of them going wide right. "[He was] lights out," said coach Dirk Koetter. "Yeah, he was money." Aguayo enjoyed a prolific college career at Florida State but labored through a difficult rookie season, prompting Tampa Bay to bring in competition this offseason. The 2016 second-rounder has a clear leg up on Folk, but remains a risky fantasy endeavor after last year's debacle.

Source: NFL.com
Aug 4 - 3:52 PM

According to an NFL spokesman, "conditionally" reinstated WR Martavis Bryant has yet to receive full reinstatement because he has not yet satisfied the league's requirements.

"He would be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games, once he satisfies requirements," league spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday. It's entirely unclear what those "requirements" are, but the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggests they involve arrangements for "clinical resources." McCarthy said there is "no timetable" for the league to decide whether or not Bryant has fulfilled his "requirements."

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Aug 4 - 1:21 PM

He's much better than that inane Eagles guy screamin' and a-hollerin' but then he spends the last half of the video doing just that repeatedly.

He's emphasising a well thought out argument, bit of a difference between him and constant crap posted by EDP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back