Prediction Who's going to win the premiership? (surely not Richmond?)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not impossible, is it?

I mean I've been told they won some premierships once, right? Like, I don't know for certain but there seems to be some record of it.

It still doesn't quite compute for me that Richmond is the highest ranking of the Victorian clubs.

Richmond...

Yeah,I know it's been fashionable to rubbish them for years but I'm actually beginning to think they are becoming a genuine threat.

Their game style has got a lot going for it and there's a harder edge to them this year despite the fact they've blown a couple of games in typical Tigers fashion.

Look out if they beat the Cats (minus Sellwood) next weekend.

It might just be "Tiger Time"

Keep hearing that and I still think their best footy is good enough. Lost so many close games, should be on top. I have $50 on them at 40-1 to win the flag.

The team I think is truly underrated remains Sydney, people look at the ladder but that's just their first six weeks. The rest is scary. I can easily see Sydney playing the Gf this year.

Relax, kids. Richmond will not win the premiership. Not a chance in the world. Godawful outfit.
Evidence that equalisation is working*.

* If the idea was to make each team as awful as the next.
There is not one team playing consistently good football this year. None. Possibly the ugliest season ever.

Speaking of which, did I read/hear something recently about coaches meeting with the AFL and on the agenda was asking WTF is going on with HTB? I don't know if they got an answer, but if so, they should have invited the umpires to the same meeting, because I'm damned sure they didn't get the memo. Again, at the start of the season they promised a stricter interpretation, but now it is more lax than ever.
How does one determine if a football team is any good or not? None (or none of their games) are governed by the actual rules of the game, or even the same set of inklings of the rules.

Them or Adelaide for me.

I feel Adelaide is definitely being undersold. Seeing only one coach tip them for the premiership, behind 5 for GWS and 3 each for Geelong and Sydney, was bizarre.

I feel Adelaide is definitely being undersold. Seeing only one coach tip them for the premiership, behind 5 for GWS and 3 each for Geelong and Sydney, was bizarre.
They are a much better side with Betts in. I wonder if the concern is whether their midfield can stand up under finals pressure?

Them or Adelaide for me.
I can't rule out GWS just yet. If they beat the Dogs and Geelong on the run in to finals, they'll re-emerge as a contender.

Given the evenness of the comp and the injuries to their competition, I also put Richmond in the mix for a GF spot. Their battles will be mental moreso than anything else. If they can win one final, then anything is possible. They play the MCG pretty well too. If they could grab a top 2 finish (not impossible when you compare their draw to GWS's), they will give themselves an opportunity to play at the G three times in a row through the finals. Win the first final and they'll be in a great spot.

I can't rule out GWS just yet. If they beat the Dogs and Geelong on the run in to finals, they'll re-emerge as a contender.

Given the evenness of the comp and the injuries to their competition, I also put Richmond in the mix for a GF spot. Their battles will be mental moreso than anything else. If they can win one final, then anything is possible. They play the MCG pretty well too. If they could grab a top 2 finish (not impossible when you compare their draw to GWS's), they will give themselves an opportunity to play at the G three times in a row through the finals. Win the first final and they'll be in a great spot.

Obviously there's a level of bias, but I think GWS is as good a chance as anyone bar Adelaide. Their big issue has been that their injuries have really focused in the inside midfielder category. Coniglio, Hopper and Griffen have all missed most of the year. This has forced guys like Shiel to play more inside where he really shouldn't be. That's why we've seen GWS bounce back now that Coniglio is back in, and improved again with Hopper on the weekend.

My prediction would be:
  1. Adelaide
  2. GWS
  3. Sydney
  4. Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are a much better side with Betts in. I wonder if the concern is whether their midfield can stand up under finals pressure?
Their midfield is standing up at the moment.
They have battled that Demon throughout the year, but i think they are coming out the other side.

Obviously there's a level of bias, but I think GWS is as good a chance as anyone bar Adelaide. Their big issue has been that their injuries have really focused in the inside midfielder category. Coniglio, Hopper and Griffen have all missed most of the year. This has forced guys like Shiel to play more inside where he really shouldn't be. That's why we've seen GWS bounce back now that Coniglio is back in, and improved again with Hopper on the weekend.

My prediction would be:
  1. Adelaide
  2. GWS
  3. Sydney
  4. Richmond
That's where I've landed. In other words, I've put a line through the Dogs, Port, Bombers and probably Geelong. I am a little wary about the Dogs but Easton Wood is a huge loss.

My prediction would be:
  1. Adelaide
  2. GWS
  3. Sydney
  4. Richmond
They will have a few that will be pretty fresh and keen having missed large chunks of the year. Coukd be hard to beat come finals.

Their midfield is standing up at the moment.
They have battled that Demon throughout the year, but i think they are coming out the other side.
Still feel if they shut Sloane out, the next layer cant step up. But impressive against port and any side that can score that heavily must be a threat.

I can see Adelaide and Richmond through to the GF, but Richmond will choke and somehow come 9th and, my wife's side of the family won't stop gloating until Adelaide returns to their mid-tier normalcy in 2018.

My prediction would be:
  1. Adelaide
  2. GWS
  3. Sydney
  4. Richmond
Think adelaide is the only real one from my point of veiw. They have been able to defend well and score heavily. Sydney would be my 2nd then the other two a distant 3rd and 4th

I wouldn't trust GWS in a grand final against a more mature team. Evidenced by the fact that they need maxwell out there for 3/4 of the game ensuring they keep to structures etc.

Richmond might win if they played all of the finals series games at Etihad under the roof. No chance then that Cotchin picks to kick into a 10 goal breeze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back