Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy for Jones straight swap

Haha, I love a good laugh.

1. We can't afford Goldy's salary. (You would have to pay most/if not all the salary)
2. Whats the point of recruiting Goldy when we have 2 of Naismith/Sinclair/Tippett/Reid running around in reserves
3. Jones is worth more than Goldy.

Keep dreaming

Haha, I love a good laugh.

1. We can't afford Goldy's salary. (You would have to pay most/if not all the salary)
2. Whats the point of recruiting Goldy when we have 2 of Naismith/Sinclair/Tippett/Reid running around in reserves
3. Jones is worth more than Goldy.

Keep dreaming
1. We would pay some.
2. I'm assuming tippett and Reid and done at the swans.
3. It's a negotiation. It's a discussion thread. If you were only allowed to post "fair deals" there would be 2 posts left. Poster of supporting club doesn't agree with other poster...stop the presses.

If this is true, we would have the cash to keep Jones and pay him handsomely. If he still wanted to leave, clearing ~1.2 million off our books, Id want a bigger fish than Goldy. Plus the first rounder for Jones.

Whatever we get for Tippett, you can have for goldy ;)

Realistically if another team was willing to take on 100% of Goldsteign's salary what would North accept in a trade?

He's 29, not playing well and off field personal issues also not great. There would need to be a pretty decent discount factor applied looking at the entire picture.

The big question, who needs a mature ruck?

Team must have salary cap space who is contending or need a body to protect young rucks.

Essendon, or maybe Richmond.
Our current ruck is playing better than Goldstein. The answer you're looking for is Geelong.

The big question, who needs a mature ruck?

Team must have salary cap space who is contending or need a body to protect young rucks.

Essendon, or maybe Richmond.
Nope, not us.
Bellchambers and Leuey aren't the best but they are more than serviceable and ruck is the least of our problems.
Geelong would be ideal for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continues to stink it up.
What's happened to this guy?

There's no real mystery to it.

When you factor in his age and the number of miles he's got on the clock, he's just on the back end of his footy life.

He's still quite serviceable (I think he'd be very good transitioning to a forward/second ruck role), but is definitely past his best and not among the top 5-6 ruckmen in the league anymore.

Our current ruck is playing better than Goldstein. The answer you're looking for is Geelong.

Even if stanley goes (which may happen) smith is playing better than goldstein but you couldn't play them both together as neither is good up forward.

We need a cheap mature backup for smith (unless we are planning for abbott to be that) not goldstein on 800k.

Forward line needs way more fixing.

Doesn't appear anyone is knocking the door down for a declining , ageing ruckman with a very large 2 year contract hanging around his neck .
This was always going to be a tough situation for North knowing that its time for Pruess from here on in ...

Doesn't appear anyone is knocking the door down for a declining , ageing ruckman with a very large 2 year contract hanging around his neck .
This was always going to be a tough situation for North knowing that its time for Pruess from here on in ...
I missed where he signed a contact extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back