Team Captain
Apr 7, 2008
port pirie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
cricket,
hi guys ,
just want to say that i have been a bit critical of tex at times mainly because of his lack of overhead marking ability. but really he just isn't that sort of player.
His form of late has been just exsquisit . he is just the perfect centre half forward,his marking ability has gone up a notch,he is without doubt possibly the best handball exponent i have ever seen,his field kicking is sublime ,he is equally good on both sides of his body,he shares it around and is a great captain.
Someone once before started these foolish comparisons about Carey,Hart and so one but you cannot compare different eras,Adelaide football club right at this moment Tex is just a bloody cracker!
take a bow Taylor Walker.

I think a comparison with Carey is not that far out, especially once Carey did his shoulders and really couldn't mark overhead. Tex is incredibly agile for his size, and being double sided makes him really hard to corral if you are the defender. He clearly has a footy brain (not sure if he has another one though) as you can see from his tap on's and little flicks of the ball to open players. Has really come on in the last couple of months, and is much better at CHF than FF

I've been critical of Tex (especially after his spud performance at the Cattery) but he's been fantastic the last few weeks.

Got some serious mongrel in his game and leading from the front. If only he could convert the easy set shots...

One thing that doesn't get pointed out often enough is that Tex rarely gets beaten in a marking contest. He gets criticised for not taking the mark, but 9 times out of 10 he'll compete (often 2 on 1) and make sure the ball comes to ground for his teamates to clean up or he just does the roving himself.

So fundamentally important to our team and something a lot of other big forwards can't match. Love him and wouldn't take any other current AFL captain over him.

hi guys ,
just want to say that i have been a bit critical of tex at times mainly because of his lack of overhead marking ability. but really he just isn't that sort of player.
His form of late has been just exsquisit . he is just the perfect centre half forward,his marking ability has gone up a notch,he is without doubt possibly the best handball exponent i have ever seen,his field kicking is sublime ,he is equally good on both sides of his body,he shares it around and is a great captain.
Someone once before started these foolish comparisons about Carey,Hart and so one but you cannot compare different eras,Adelaide football club right at this moment Tex is just a bloody cracker!
take a bow Taylor Walker.

His second half has been much better than the opening half of the season. We need Tex at full tilt to make it to the Gf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last 5-6 weeks have been almost perfect for a big bodied CHF captain.

I actually have him in my AA team, though I don't think the selectors will pick him

When Tex is leading at the ball carrier and hitting up leads he is so good. His field kicking is better then most midfielders and his balance is extrodinary. Where he losses it is when he tries to play behind his opponent and push them under the ball to get the cheap one over the back.

We walk so much taller when the Texan is up and about, it seems to feed down to the rest of the team, you can tell he has the respect of every player out there.

No need to have a swipe at Boak. He's actually a great guy.

Tex is a great leader of our club.
Yeah I don't mind Boak, he seems like a decent bloke, just not good at footy anymore.

Port would have been better trading him to Geelong and getting something decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back