Prediction Who's going to win the premiership? (surely not Richmond?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Same for mine.

I've been a long time admirer of both organisations and would be rapt for either one to be premiers.

Wouldn't begrudge GWS if they won it either.
I am fn sick to death of Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong being there year after year. If there supporter base wasnt full of complete campaigners I would almost prefer Richmond. Richmond.

So it is Adelaide, the less feral of a City that, let's face it, has a weird vibe. Snowtown etc... Port can all die in a fire as far as I am concerned. I hate Port more than Collingwood.

So I am going out on a limb and if this happens the circle jerk that was the Bulldogs last year will seem like nothing. But Melbourne.

And imagine if Sydney play Melbourne in the final...the bloods culture...Roosy bringing the bloods culture to poor twee Melbourne...Lewis bringing that Hawks experience...Roosy the saviour...Melbourne the history....Roosy....and a bit more Roosy.

I think I will leave the country for that week.

I've been a long time admirer of both organisations and would be rapt for either one to be premiers.
I agree. On the field both are amazing units, but the thing that impresses me is how professionally run both appear to be. In terms of their coaches, both Pyke and Longmire are super astute, low key and focused. They play different brands of football, but each team has perfected their playing style. Of the two I would probably lean towards Adelaide in terms of my emotional support because of the adversity the club have had to face in the last few years. The death of Phil Walsh and the circumstances surrounding his murder were truly horrific and I was so impressed by the way the club handled this major trauma. Less significant, but of no small consequence was the way Adelaide handled and covered the departure of Patrick Dangerfield. It would be nice to think the Football Gods could throw some good karma Adelaide's way. If it is not to be, then I suspect nobody come finals will be able to match a super hungry Sydney. They would be kicking themselves after last year's GF loss and I would imagine they would be desperate to make amends. I wouldn't like to be standing flat footed in their path come the pointy end of the finals.

You'd think Adelaide would be there....one other to jump up, maybe Sydney (but I hope not).

Don't think it will be GWS this year.

FWIW a look at the ladder predictor and I have us finishing 16th with pick three, and Port finishing 7th giving us pick 12....

You'd think Adelaide would be there....one other to jump up, maybe Sydney (but I hope not).

Don't think it will be GWS this year.

FWIW a look at the ladder predictor and I have us finishing 16th with pick three, and Port finishing 7th giving us pick 12....
Before I give you the thumbs up how has your tipping year been going?

As a member of the Over 50's Clique, I like the fact that many Brisbane supporters on Big Footy were not even born when Richmond won their last flag or were far too young to remember it. I think tradition in football is important and the fact that Richmond have not won a Premiership since 1980 represents one of the last great traditions. Long may it last! In the highly unlikely event that they made the Grand Final, I would be hoping that St.Kilda (1966) or Melbourne (1964) lose for precisely the same reasons. It was bad enough that Footscray won the flag last year. We must hope that all Premiership Droughts continue. For those of us who are Football Traditionalists, let it remain so.

Before I give you the thumbs up how has your tipping year been going?

Lol,

First year in a while I haven't done any....but probably like my Dream Team - up and down!

I am fn sick to death of Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong being there year after year. If there supporter base wasnt full of complete campaigners I would almost prefer Richmond. Richmond.

So it is Adelaide, the less feral of a City that, let's face it, has a weird vibe. Snowtown etc... Port can all die in a fire as far as I am concerned. I hate Port more than Collingwood.
I don't think it's possible for someone to agree with something more than I agree with this. I'll lose my s**t if it's a Sydney vs Geelong GF.

And Port don't even get me started on bloody Port :mad:

All Sydney GF
I'm actually really looking forward to the day that the Grand Final plays host to two sides from the same non-Victorian state i.e. a Western Derby / Showdown/ Battle of the Bridge / Q-Clash battling it out at the MCG.

I'm actually really looking forward to the day that the Grand Final plays host to two sides from the same non-Victorian state i.e. a Western Derby / Showdown/ Battle of the Bridge / Q-Clash battling it out at the MCG.

Six points off it last year.

It looks like this year might have a fair chance of it too, between Port and Adelaide, and Sydney and GWS all making the finals and potentially being in the top 4 to 6.

Funnily enough, looking at the ladder we could have a double derby first week of finals (though unlikely) if
Sydney (Fremantle, Adelaide, Carlton) and Port (Collingwood, Bulldogs, Gold Coast) win all their remaining three and Geelong and Richmond only win one a piece (say, Geelong over Richmond and lose to Collingwood and GWS, and Richmond over Fremantle, lose to Geelong and St Kilda). Not all that implausible...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be biased but I'd like Sydney to win and I'd like us to beat a non Victorian team and the refereeing to be fairly balanced. I'd be really happy to meet Adelaide in the final - never really liked them but have super respect for how they've been managing themselves over the last 4 or 5 years. We massively struggle setting up against GWS so if we can somehow avoid them that would be great.

Hopefully we can stuff Port early doors to help your draft pick situation. I'm really hoping you can get two picks in before Ballenden this year. I reckon if you can you will then be set for a solid decade of improvement, you've got most of the blocks in place now

If the Swans have to play GWS in the finals I can see the Giants pacy midfield dominating like they did in last years final. The Swans have some wonderful mids in Kennedy, Hannebery and Parker but none of them are particularly quick. The Giants if they can keep there mids fit will have Shiel, Kelly,Ward,Congilio, Scully and Whitfield. That is elite. They looked awesome in the first qtr last week vs Melbourne. Let's see how they go tonight?

The Crows will get two home finals and hard to see them losing either so I expect they will be there on GF day and they deserve it.

Cats are slower than Sydney and don't have enough quality.Selwood injury has come at the wrong time for them.

Richmond winning the Premiership would be like the Western Bulldogs last year. However, I am not sure they are as good as the Dogs were in 2016. I still think only having one key forward will cost them in the big moments. They do however have two of the best five players in the comp in Rance and Dusty.

Port Adelaide will go out in straight sets. Western Bulldogs are capable of a run but couldn't go throughout September undefeated again.

The team I think is truly underrated remains Sydney, people look at the ladder but that's just their first six weeks. The rest is scary. I can easily see Sydney playing the Gf this year.

Even before yesterday I would say if you looked at the odds there is no way you could say they were under rated.

I wouldn't trust GWS in a grand final against a more mature team

There is only one more 'mature' team than GWS and that's WC.

GWS are ranked 2nd for avg age, 3rd for avg games.

I think people forget this is their 6th year in the comp. The Shiels etc are have over 100 games experience under their belts. Add Ward et so to that.

They've had a wretched run of injuries this season. Fortunately for them they have the depth.

They are the team to beat for mine. My Betfair account hopes that is the case too.

There is only one more 'mature' team than GWS and that's WC.

GWS are ranked 2nd for avg age, 3rd for avg games.

I think people forget this is their 6th year in the comp. The Shiels etc are have over 100 games experience under their belts. Add Ward et so to that.

They've had a wretched run of injuries this season. Fortunately for them they have the depth.

They are the team to beat for mine. My Betfair account hopes that is the case too.

If you quoted my entire post you would see that I used maturity in the context of being able to keep to structures and do whatever it is that Leon Cameron wants them to do be doing out there without breaking down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back