News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it when it happened that you guys should have held onto McKenna, he was doing a good job and had built the team together and had their respect and had them playing good footy.

I said it when it happened that you guys should have held onto McKenna, he was doing a good job and had built the team together and had their respect and had them playing good footy.
The culture was a shambles. On-field he was okay, but the off-field stuff he decided to not even control it. Eade came in and removed Hunt, Bennell, Dixon, etc who were seen as the main troublemakers. The culture has improved for the better, just need it to become a winning culture, and hopefully a new coach can bring that

Totally agree with what Jason Dunstall said last night on on the couch about Dean Solomon.

As Jason Dunstall suggested on Fox Footy’s On The Couch, removing Eade from the equation would allow Evans to implement the required holistic changes the club needed.

“Mark’s a pretty circumspect character,” Dunstall said.

“He’ll do his due diligence. He’ll probably go ‘bang, bang, bang’ in a number areas that need to be addressed.”

WHO WILL PERFORM THE ROLE OF CARETAKER COACH?

ESSENDON premiership player Dean Solomon will coach the Suns for the remaining three games of the home and away season.

Eade was initially prepared to coach out the year, but decided against that move this morning when he requested to be immediately released from the club.

While Solomon will be on Gold Coast’s shortlist to become its third permanent senior coach, Jason Dunstall intimated the club would seek to inject new blood.

“It’s difficult to give it to someone that’s been there when you’re looking for some fresh air, some fresh blood and some fresh ideas to come in,” Dunstall said.

“I know he’s highly regarded, but I think the odds are against him given he’s already been in their system.”

Solomon, 39, has been an assistant coach at the Suns since its introduction to the AFL in 2011.

Sam Maclure on SEN1116 said this morning that their are whispers about a return for Ken Hinkley. Deep down i have always hoped he would return to Geelong and replace Chris Scott one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of my mates that I've heard from this morning, non forum types who support the Suns but aren't fanatical like we are to a man are utensil a Hoop that Eade has been boned.
There is a lot more sympathy for him in here than in the general GC community as far as I can tell.

If Ken came back and brought Dixon back I wouldn't mind
I was happy to see him go but I've softened a bit
Lynch Dixon and Wright would kill it
why would you want someone back that destroyed the culture of a club. He's the most expensive decoy in the game

All of my mates that I've heard from this morning, non forum types who support the Suns but aren't fanatical like we are to a man are utensil a Hoop that Eade has been boned.
There is a lot more sympathy for him in here than in the general GC community as far as I can tell.
I'll get excited when they bone Ashcroft & Clayton

Rocket's gone....who's going to put their hand up for this gig?...I have absolutely no freaking idea at the moment....let's start throwing names around, lads/lasses...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back