Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Have they kept the "Sir Edwin Smith Stand" and "Chappell Stand" naming on the Western? And what have they done with the Bradman Pavilion, where the clock is?

Yep stand signage on the west still up.

No signage on the Bradman Pavilion.

The LED signage just has the existing static sponsors on them, given they paid for 11 games thinking the LED signage would go up post season that's fair enough.

Yep stand signage on the west still up.

No signage on the Bradman Pavilion.

The LED signage just has the existing static sponsors on them, given they paid for 11 games thinking the LED signage would go up post season that's fair enough.
Wouldn't be surprised if it stays static or at least doesn't go with stuff that "rolls along" like the fence and the Eastern/Southern, given it's so gappy.

Another?

Security can't really stop idiots that want to jump the fence at the gate.

There was one at the MCG too today.

there was one at the end of a port game earlier in the season.

obviously 5k isn't a big enough fine. make it 100k and they'll soon stop.

Adelaide Oval has one of the International Rules tests.

Bizarrely it's being played on a Sunday afternoon (12 November), the day after a 4 day cricket match between Australia A and England!

I guess that's one way to ruffle some GAA feathers :D

If only the AFL could bring back State Of Origin (which most people want) instead of continually persisting with a hybrid, Mickey Mouse Cup that not too many are keen on. Just my two cents

Adelaide Oval has one of the International Rules tests.

Bizarrely it's being played on a Sunday afternoon (12 November), the day after a 4 day cricket match between Australia A and England!

I guess that's one way to ruffle some GAA feathers :D
Also good for showing off the versatility of the ground and the drop-in pitches :)

The eastern third of the Level 4 advertising is blank - guessing it's because they've installed the digital ribbons the rest of it and not quite finished?

Or Port haven't got a sponsor for that section perhaps?
Nope just seen, there's LED for the western two-thirds, and not yet for the eastern third. And from memory it's the same up there for both teams - Mitani Chicken Salt (missing), Foodland, Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging.

Nope just seen, there's LED for the western two-thirds, and not yet for the eastern third. And from memory it's the same up there for both teams - Mitani Chicken Salt (missing), Foodland, Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging.

Mitani are no longer a sponsor (I noticed that when the brand of chicken salt changed in the outlets this season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitani are no longer a sponsor (I noticed that when the brand of chicken salt changed in the outlets this season).
Not sure who's missing out then but there's about two feet of black LED before the eastern end of the stand is clean grandstand.

Not sure who's missing out then but there's about two feet of black LED before the eastern end of the stand is clean grandstand.

Yeah just saw that. That LED signage is new again new as that was static advertising last week. I'd assume the last third will go up this week which will just have the existing static sponsors on there for the rest of the minor round, then the AFL can go nuts with advertising for the finals.

No ground level LED signage on the broadcast side yet?
Probably will happen after the season has ended, as they'll need to also install removable sections in front of the interchange bench for Tests and ODIs, where they sit there but have a gate/gap to walk through. For T20 they have it open like footy.
I expect it'll be "plug and play" sections. Also hoping they sort something out for in front of the digital sight-screens. Either plug-and-play sections to go across in front of them, or remove seats behind the fence at each end and plonk them there so the fence advertising is still visible.

Also are they replacing the current digital on the fences or just completing the install?

Disappointing in ways, or has technology improved that much since 2014?
Geelong's were replaced with the recent upgrade after about two years, Etihad may have been after they installed behind the goals on the 2nd level in 2015.

The problem (I believe) is when technology is proprietary. It may have been cheaper for them to do a full replace and new backend systems then buying more of the same panels if that company wanted more thinking they were locked in. At the same time, Panels are getting remarkably better year on year as led sizes reduce and more can be done with them. Not sure if it's a thing at the Oval, but at both the MCG and Etihad we have the numbers of the players on the bench for each team on the 2nd level advertising above each bench. Many reasons why it could've been changed, but I'd say with confidence that it's for the better.

The interchange bench numbers aren't at Adelaide Oval, and with the western Stand design it'll be difficult to implement, as the centre Bradman Pavilion is more of a pavilion design compared to the two ends of the stands, which are more of a standard stand design.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back