Injury 2017 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is something special going on with the Crows after recent medical conditions. Lynch playing like Superman after viral meningitis, then Sloane playing like Hercules after having had concussion. After his appendicitis, I'd expect Betts to return next week and pull out both contenders for goal of the year and mark of the year for the Showdown game. Come on Eddie!

Just heard eddie on AA and he seemed not very confident at all of playing in showdown. Can barely move.
That is a massive out for us vs the power as they have no answers to him
Wingard will still be out i believe, so thats a big out to balance it a little.

AFL is intense and the opposition will test out any possible weakness. Betts shouldn't be coming in even at 99%. We saw how long it took JJ after the ribs. As much as top 2 is vital, we need guys like Betts and Lever on GF day if we make it more than we need them to secure the easiest possible route in.

AFL is intense and the opposition will test out any possible weakness. Betts shouldn't be coming in even at 99%. We saw how long it took JJ after the ribs. As much as top 2 is vital, we need guys like Betts and Lever on GF day if we make it more than we need them to secure the easiest possible route in.
we gotta qualify for the GF first and to that that you need to take risks...

showdown is still 9 days away... id be very pi$$ed off if he doesn't play the showdown

Why? it's out of your control, and even without Eddie, we are a comfortably better side then Port.

Your story sounds a little intriguing. If it was obvious why didn't they admit you in the first place? Did they end up doing a scan to confirm or refute the diagnosis of appendicitis?
What's interesting is that maybe Eddie's appendicitis could have been a grumbling sore for the last few weeks, which is what's related to your case. And only these last few days it decided to show itself in an obvious manner. Just a theory, but this might well explain why Eddie has been down in form and obvious to everyone he seems more "fumbly" and not his usual self over the last few rounds.
It's a little intriguing for sure. I did experience some relief in the pain on the way to the hospital, so I only said it was 6/10 pain compared to the 9/10 I was having before.

ER was very busy that night, one of the younger doctors called it as appendicitis straight away but was overruled by the chief surgeon guy.

When I came back in a week later I had a CT scan with contrast dye and they said it was hard to see but the appendix was definitely inflamed. They talked about putting a drain in, other doctors said I would have to have it out, and other doctors said they might not need to do anything. Gets confusing when lots of different doctors are saying different things. It was diagnosed as appendicitis with abscess I believe.

After the IV antibiotics my vitals were all fine - so they sent me home. This was three years ago.

I have had ultrasounds and talked about it with my GP but she doesn't seem too worried.

I guess it wasn't a typical presentation - but I still feel like they should have caught it. I am alive though so maybe it's a new thing where they aren't as aggressive with the instant surgery.

Last edited:
It's a little intriguing for sure. I did experience some relief in the pain on the way to the hospital, so I only said it was 6/10 pain compared to the 9/10 I was having before.

ER was very busy that night, one of the younger doctors called it as appendicitis straight away but was overruled by the chief surgeon guy.

When I came back in a week later I had a CT scan with contrast dye and they said it was hard to see but the appendix was definitely inflamed. They talked about putting a drain in, other doctors said I would have to have it out, and other doctors said they might not need to do anything. Gets confusing when lots of different doctors are saying different things. It was diagnosed as appendicitis with abscess I believe.

After the IV antibiotics my vitals were all fine - so they sent me home. This was three years ago.

I have had ultrasounds and talked about it with my GP but she doesn't seem too worried.

I guess it wasn't a typical presentation - but I still feel like they should have caught it. I am alive though so maybe it's a new thing where they aren't as aggressive with the instant surgery.
Your story really highlights the challenges of a definitive diagnosis at all times. I can give further thoughts in that, there are a few other conditions which mimic the pain of appendicitis, and sometimes not always easily picked up. The fact you had appendicitis and that you got better without surgery shows that there are varying degrees of appendicitis. In your case surgery wasn't needed, so good luck to you! ;)
Hopefully Eddie had the "mild" form of appendicitis and he'll be up and about by next week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Gilbert but I'm not sure his mouth is well connected to his brain at all times. He might know Curtly and know that he's playing.

I cannot stand the bloke. Adrian got in more trouble but is a ripping bloke. Gilbert is a full blown corkhead and some of the crap he directed at players and umpires while coaching was significantly worse than Adrian's fence jumping episode.

Player | Injury | Injury Date | Estimated Time Out | Estimated Return | Delta
\Daniel Talia|Groin|Round 20|Test|Round 21|
\David Mackay|Corked Quad|Round 20|Test|Round 21|
\Kyle Hartigan|Hamstring|Round 19|1-2 Weeks|Round 22-23|
\Curtly Hampton|High Ankle Sprain|Round 9|1-2 Weeks|Round 22-23|-1 Week
\Reilly O'Brien|Back|Round 15 Training|1-2 Weeks|Round 22-23|
\Elliott Himmelberg|Foot|Round 17|2 Weeks|Round 23|+1 Week
\Cam Ellis-Yolmen|ACL|JLT Game 1|Season|2018|

I don't like Hampton's chances of making it back into the team. He'll be lucky to be back playing by R23 and will be behind Milera and Seedsman in the midfield queue.

Hartigan's may also be struggling after re-injuring his hamstring first game back. That would make the selectors nervous about selecting him for a final, especially with Keath going ok so far.

I don't like Hampton's chances of making it back into the team. He'll be lucky to be back playing by R23 and will be behind Milera and Seedsman in the midfield queue.

Hartigan's may also be struggling after re-injuring his hamstring first game back. That would make the selectors nervous about selecting him for a final, especially with Keath going ok so far.
Would love to have Hampton available though ... even as a back-up he is a big body, good tackle, quick ...

Wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Gives him a chance to freshen up and Otten is decent backup.

Agree, although I don't like Keath on Daniher and I really don't like Otten on Daniher.

The real action starts in a month. We're a 96% chance to finish top 2, and we need to do whatever management is necessary to make sure everyone is cherry ripe to go on the first weekend of the finals.

There is something special going on with the Crows after recent medical conditions. Lynch playing like Superman after viral meningitis, then Sloane playing like Hercules after having had concussion. After his appendicitis, I'd expect Betts to return next week and pull out both contenders for goal of the year and mark of the year for the Showdown game. Come on Eddie!
Solid prediction!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back