Past Dan Robinson - delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Made NEAFL Team of the Year in both 2013 and 2014.
Just below Lloyd as our best reserves midfielder in 2013.
Was prolific in the first half of 2014 with some big numbers, smaller numbers in the 2nd half as he took on a tagging role with some success.

NEAFL stats

19 games
13.4 kicks
14.1 handballs
5.4 marks
4.1 tackles
5.9 clearances
3.9 I50s
1.4 R50s
14 goals
13 behinds

20 games
10.6 kicks
12.1 handballs
4.2 marks
4.7 tackles
4.6 clearances
3.4 I50s
1.2 R50s
10 goals
6 behinds

From memory I think he was doing some tagging roles this year in the reserves.

When Heeney, Davis and Hiscox are added to the list officially, I think that will give us 13 NSW players on the list. 11 of whom will be on the senior list. Not sure of the actual record but I can't remember more than that being on our list in a long while.

I took a selfie with him!

Seems like it was either Biggs or Robinson for elevation.
No, it was either Robinson or Naismith. We are only allowed one 3rd year rookie.

and it seems Biggs got an offer to return to Melbourne. So a bit of Meh really on that front.

But pleased to see more NSW talent onto our senior list.

Now just to see what happens with AJ and Marsh as they are the two remaining players uncontracted

From this announcement are we to construe a defined strategy in anticipation of Post COLA ie: as many NSW young guns as possible?

You would think the aim is to get the % of the list made up with as many NSW as possible to prove the worth of the academy.

13 of 44 is a great % breakdown

Congratulations, sounds like he has put in the hard work in the reserves, named in the best many times and doing an apprenticeship with a tagging role to learn the good habits of the best mids and how to apply lots of defensive pressure. Hope he plays well preseason comp and gets a debut next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robinson, Hewett, Jones, Heeney, Perris, Marsh

and Mitchell.

I'll take those odds. For now.

Yep this one's a gem.

I know we've all rated Dawson this year and he can consider himself unlucky to have only one senior game to his name, but IMO Florent is first in line should we need midfield depth leading up to/throughout the finals. Changed my tune a lot from a few weeks ago when I did not want Hayward and Florent in the side because they struggle with the physical side of the game. I just look at these two kids and reckon they don't need to be tough, nor do they have to have a massive impact on the game. Just some crucial cameos and moments of class are what can help in finals (ie Jetta 2012) and I'd rather us take the chance on that than go in with negative players of the Robinson ilk.

Robinson's not negative. He's been asked to play a couple of negative roles, but he's a classy ball handler and user. And he's fit enough to go all day.

Robinson's not negative. He's been asked to play a couple of negative roles, but he's a classy ball handler and user. And he's fit enough to go all day.

I've always found him a negative kind of player. He's very limited in what he can do as a footballer (from what I've seen so far) and I just think we've had enough of the Robinson, Foote etc kind of midfielders.

I've always found him a negative kind of player. He's very limited in what he can do as a footballer (from what I've seen so far) and I just think we've had enough of the Robinson, Foote etc kind of midfielders.

Please don't mention Robinson and Foote in the same sentence. They are not comparable. Robbo's not in Florent's class, but he's a similar style of player who will get a lot more of it, this year, than Florent.

Please don't mention Robinson and Foote in the same sentence. They are not comparable. Robbo's not in Florent's class, but he's a similar style of player who will get a lot more of it, this year, than Florent.

Robinson is better than Foote but they are the same kind of player. We have enough grunt and contestedbeasts in our midfield to last us a lifetime, what we need is some class and/or pace on the outside. I'm thinking the Florent, Cunningham, Towers type of players. They will be more important to us winning the flag this year when we start coming up against the likes of Adelaide and GWS in finals who have a far greater ability to spread than we do. I could not name one single Robinson highlight from any of his games, reserves or seniors, whereas I could name a few of Florent's from just his first year.

Robinson is better than Foote but they are the same kind of player. We have enough grunt and contestedbeasts in our midfield to last us a lifetime, what we need is some class and/or pace on the outside. I'm thinking the Florent, Cunningham, Towers type of players. They will be more important to us winning the flag this year when we start coming up against the likes of Adelaide and GWS in finals who have a far greater ability to spread than we do. I could not name one single Robinson highlight from any of his games, reserves or seniors, whereas I could name a few of Florent's from just his first year.

Robinson's not a contested beast. If you're looking for highlights though, watch his ball use in tight. He can't shake off opponents like Kennedy, but he's a one touch ball handler. He's nothing like Foote. And he has far better class than Towers or Cunningham.

Robinson's not a contested beast. If you're looking for highlights though, watch his ball use in tight. He can't shake off opponents like Kennedy, but he's a one touch ball handler. He's nothing like Foote. And he has far better class than Towers or Cunningham.

We'll agree to disagree

Robinson is not foote bad, but he is a a list clogger

Foote = Should get Delisted
Robinson = Good AFL depth. All clubs need some players like Robinson. I am happy for now with him on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back