Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They are good but no match for the peaty goodness of Islay scotch.
I'm of the view, so many different types of alcohol is good, depending on the ocassion.

Just was in far North Queensland where scotch was my (very) good friend. Some gin, some wine, a few beers.

A lovely time.

Oh and delicious barramundi

From the movie the Usual Suspects

The Fenster character has a garbled talk, so he is asked "in English please."
If you haven't seen the movie, it will be lost on you.
If you have, and it didn't resonate, you are right, it is simply fail for you.

:D
Haven't seen the movie.
I read books, rarely see movies. Still haven't seen the post 70's Star Wars or even the Lord of the rings movies.
Apparantly they were popular.
So you obscure reference is lost on me.

I'm of the view, so many different types of alcohol is good, depending on the ocassion.

Just was in far North Queensland where scotch was my (very) good friend. Some gin, some wine, a few beers.

A lovely time.

Oh and delicious barramundi
I've never been able to develop an appreciation for scotch. The smell is so off putting to me. But I love blue vein cheese, go figure.

Haven't seen the movie.
I read books, rarely see movies. Still haven't seen the post 70's Star Wars or even the Lord of the rings movies.

You haven't see Empire? Man, that is sacrilege

I've never been able to develop an appreciation for scotch. The smell is so off putting to me. But I love blue vein cheese, go figure.

There is nothing better than a fine scotch in a heavy crystal glass. Man oh man...

Haven't seen the movie.
Which reminds me,
That at times, my references to modern pop culture can be lost on people.

Out of the Tolkien books, I liked The Hobbit particularly.

*apparently.

Apparently age hasn't improved your ability to spell simple words.
I was sucked in by spellcheck.
I assume, as is usual by the feeble minded, that a simple spelling mistake is the only thing you can hang your unfortunate continuous incorrect views upon.
When you are peddling the lower intellectual point of view, spelling becomes your only defence.
And such a poor defence. But you knew that when you clicked "post".

Which reminds me,

LOTR shits all over Hobbit

I was sucked in by spellcheck.
I assume, as is usual by the feeble minded, that a simple spelling mistake is the only thing you can hang your unfortunate continuous incorrect views upon.
When you are peddling the lower intellectual point of view, spelling becomes your only defence.
And such a poor defence. But you knew that when you clicked "post".
I was just highlighting something you got wrong. I thought you were never wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing better than a fine scotch in a heavy crystal glass. Man oh man...
I've tried Jmac, really I have, but it just doesn't agree with me.
I see people derive so much pleasure from drinking good scotch but I just can't seem to acquire a taste for it.
The good news is beer is my friend. Has been loyal for a long time.

Funny thing, a few days ago I offered my .Mars a scotch. She's a wine person, but I persisted and said have a sip.
A sip!
She said that's not bad.
Next thing, she's goes to the bar, gets a sherry glass and says fill it up!
I'm gobsmacked.
After spending a day going through the champagne district in France a couple of months ago, where she went off, I'm thinking a trip to Scotland is next on the Agenda.

It's the smell that drives the taste, ofcourse.*
So if there is a smell you dont like it stands to reason the taste won't be to your favour.

* hence, as with the air manufactured on a plane it does poorly for active smell in ways so food doesn't taste as it might on a plane. So hence people often think food isn't the best on a plane.
That may be one reason for the taste being somewhat dissaponting.

Last edited:
I see people derive so much pleasure from drinking good scotch but I just can't seem to acquire a taste for it.

I love beer too but late at night you need something with a bit more depth.

Funny thing, a few days ago I offered my .Mars a scotch. She's a wine person, but I persisted and said have a sip.
A sip!
She said that's not bad.
Next thing, she's goes to the bar, gets a sherry glass and says fill it up!
I'm gobsmacked.
After spending a day going through the champagne district in France a couple of months ago, where she went off, I'm thinking a trip to Scotland is next on the Agenda.

I've been to Scotland a few times but am yet to visit the fine Scotch regions of Islay and Skye.

It's the smell that drives the taste, ofcourse.*
So if there is a smell you dont like it stands to reason the taste won't be to your favour.

* hence, as with the air manufactured on a plane it does ****** active smell in ways so food doesn't taste as it might on a plane. So hence people often think food isn't the best on a plane.
That may be one reason for the taste being somewhat dissaponting.
Arggghhh..
I've had a tumour, not cancer, above my right eye for the last three years.
They've gone in five times, through the nose, to get it.
And of course, I no longer have a total sense of smell.
Yes, food isn't the same. Alcohol isn't the same.

Which reminds me,

I disliked all his books. Just too much detail about irrelevant things.
15 pages describing the leaves in the black forest etc. Tiresome.
And those stupid poems and songs.
Although much to Black_White 's disapproval I did read part of the trilogy stoned once, it was far more enjoyable like that.

I love Turkish lamb.
Not much I don't like.
But sometimes something that is loved by others just doesn't work for someone else.
Scotch is that for you. So be it. There are worse things you could not like, eg chocolate, that is one delicious thing.

Back