Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Arggghhh..
I've had a tumour, not cancer, above my right eye for the last three years.
They've gone in five times, through the nose, to get it.
And of course, I no longer have a total sense of smell.
Yes, food isn't the same. Alcohol isn't the same.
Wish you well

We may have to get a group tour together.
"Pies on the scotch"
Reckon we'd be oversubscribed.

Oh, and if Bux is re-signed, we can do it in September!

I'm in.

I disliked all his books. Just too much detail about irrelevant things.
15 pages describing the leaves in the black forest etc. Tiresome.
And those stupid poems and songs.
Although much to Black_White 's disapproval I did read part of the trilogy stoned once, it was far more enjoyable like that.
I'll admit, many decades ago, to watching Pink Floyds "the wall" in ummmm....well....umm....
I still maintain it's the only way to watch said movie.

I love Turkish lamb.
Not much I don't like.
But sometimes something that is loved by others just doesn't work for someone else.
Scotch is that for you. So be it. There are worse things you could not like, eg chocolate, that is one delicious thing.
Haha. I don't like chocolate.
I don't like sweets.
I prefer spicy and savoury.
Give me a bowl of pickles over a bar of chocolate any day of the week.

I disliked all his books. Just too much detail about irrelevant things.
15 pages describing the leaves in the black forest etc. Tiresome.
And those stupid poems and songs.
Although much to Black_White 's disapproval I did read part of the trilogy stoned once, it was far more enjoyable like that.
If you think that's descriptive, which ofcourse it is, try Russian literature.
On and on and on off on tangents about detail in non vital things.

I'll admit, many decades ago, to watching Pink Floyds "the wall" in ummmm....well....umm....
I still maintain it's the only way to watch said movie.
Absolutely.
Many people when they first watched that movie came out of the theater saying "I don't get it". Of course you don't, your not stoned.

Haha. I don't like chocolate.
I don't like sweets.
I prefer spicy and savoury.
Give me a bowl of pickles over a bar of chocolate any day of the week.
You don't like chocolate :eek: :eek: :eek:

Concern now forming.... :p

Absolutely.
Many people when they first watched that movie came out of the theater saying "I don't get it". Of course you don't, your not stoned.
How do you feel?

Like a rolling stone?

A complete unknown....

(From Pink Floyd to Rolling Stones we'll sort of, then to Bob Dylan. Just need the Beatles now.)

Wish you well
No stress mate.
Sat in the "tumour" clinic at St Vincent's, knowing there were people there that may not see out 6 months.
My little friend can turn nasty, but normally it doesnt.
Had my last op 1st Dec 2016, they said, oh we have you booked in for our return in a January, we will this time slice you across the hairline, pull your face off and cut out your forehead to access the tumour.
This was no surprise as I had signed off on it if they found the worst earlier.
Good news came two weeks later when they rang and said that the samples showed no more tumour.
Good Christmas that one.
One more op to go, they want to drill a hole between sinuses to help drainage and prevent infection.
I'm not a religious person, but I don't have a better word for "blessed".
Life is good.
Debate is good.
Scotch is farking fantastic.

How do you feel?

Like a rolling stone?

A complete unknown....

(From Pink Floyd to Rolling Stones we'll sort of, then to Bob Dylan. Just need the Beatles now.)
Cold turkey.... goose pimple bone.....
Cold turkey, has got me on the run.

Cold Turkey J Lennon from Shaved Fish

No stress mate.
Sat in the "tumour" clinic at St Vincent's, knowing there were people there that may not see out 6 months.
My little friend can turn nasty, but normally it doesnt.
Had my last op 1st Dec 2016, they said, oh we have you booked in for our return in a January, we will this time slice you across the hairline, pull your face off and cut out your forehead to access the tumour.
This was no surprise as I had signed off on it if they found the worst earlier.
Good news came two weeks later when they rang and sai that the samples showed no more tumour.
Good Christmas that one.
One more op to go, they want to dtprill a hole between sinuses to hrlp drainage and prevent infection.
I'm not a religious person, but I don't have a better word for "blessed".
Life is good.
Debate is good.
Scotch is farking fantastic.
Now Collingwood can win to top if off...

(And for me a good day at the races, watching noble beasts run, never dissapoints.)

How do you feel?

Like a rolling stone?

A complete unknown....

I feel "Electric"
Because I just travelled 17,000 kms to see Jeff Lynne's Electric Light Orchestra at Wembley Stadium.
I saw them at the Myer Music Bowl in 1978.....thought that's good, I'll see them again next time.
.......39 years later I had to go to the mountain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never am.
Google spellcheck, well.
On one site it insists on changing "on" to "in".
So onfield becomes infield.
It actually just tried to do that exact same thing.
If I'm not vigilant, then people like you jump on me.
Apparently spellcheck changes words to incorrect spelling now?

Or you're making excuses. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Pouring?
You know...positioning a glass, a heavy based glass, none if your crap
Kmart glass, a true scotch heavy based glass.
Now, uncork the JW Green, yes, it's a cork not a screw top, then, oh farking hell I forgot....
Before positioning the glass, walk to your fridge, push the glass against the ice maker (crushed not blocked) and fill the glass about a third.
Back to the pour......so ice in glass, uncorked JW Green.
Lift the bottle, watch the amber fluid splash over the icy cold ice, fill to about three quarters.
Retract bottle.
Recork.
Move your body to the recliner.
Hit the button and make the recliner raise the footrest and recline the backrest, electronically of course.
Settle the glass in the holder, switch on the cup holder light to add to the occasion.
Lift glass to lips.
Recline, think how farking lucky you are to be in Australia, and follow the mighty Pies.
Swallow.
Bliss.
Good heavens im exhausted now

An enthralling few pages, we got stoned to Pink Floyd, threw back several types of ale, argued about Google, discussed the merits of movie vs Tolkien (God damn descriptive fella) and enjoyed much cox

Don't worry about it too much.
A couple of pages of banter after 70 pages of TD attacking anyone who dares say anything even remotely negative about Brodes is a bit of a relief.
I'm not remotely worried at all, last two words should have shown you that( please continue) never mind

Back