Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

which over half the posters on here do despite him asking for us to stick with Walla. But I think you just mean it was a pet name from such a campaigner
Tippa I can understand, it's a pretty obvious nickname for what would otherwise be an alphabet and a half to try and pronounce. AMT is longer to say but shorter to type. MTW is the most unnatural one, and reeks of desperation to be different by whichever bloody commentator always uses it.

All Australian team has been leaked. Keep it to yourselves. I wasn't meant to get it.
a679d3973d4f8cb809b7c62b83359da5.jpg

Tippa I can understand, it's a pretty obvious nickname for what would otherwise be an alphabet and a half to try and pronounce. AMT is longer to say but shorter to type. MTW is the most unnatural one, and reeks of desperation to be different by whichever bloody commentator always uses it.

The bloated corpse of Sandy Roberts.

Although it certainly less syllables than Anthony William Watson McDonald-Tipungwuti

Tippa & Co?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes! I skip the intro to all EFC clips because of his irritating and contrived 'A. M. T. AS GOOD AS YOU'LL SEE'

I must admit I don't mind it too much. I thought it was a pretty good call. AMT actually sounds pretty good as far as nicknames go and makes a lot of sense since his real name is so long.

But I'm OK with being in the minority on this one.

Sandy's isn't that bad. Basil's? **** off mate, you're a crap commentator.

Basil gets a pass because 'AMT' is actually his initials, and given how he commentates it'd take him a good minute to get through the whole thing.

'MTW'?

McDonald-Tipung-Wuti?

Basil gets a pass because 'AMT' is actually his initials, and given how he commentates it'd take him a good minute to get through the whole thing.

'MTW'?

McDonald-Tipung-Wuti?
We should just be lucky that Basil doesn't call him Dempsey.

Nothing will ever beat the Dempsey/Ryder/Langford commentator confusion love triangle

Basil is seriously that bad (or blind) that one day he'll call Josh Green, AMT.

After kicking 13.12 across the first part of the year, he's booted 19.4 from round 11 onwards.
The way he is able to continually work on and improve his weaknesses is quite amazing.

Could easily have been happy just getting a regular game in seniors, but just continues to work so hard every week. Sets a great example. Gun.

'My uncle [Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti] does as well.... Ever since he was at least 10 years old, he's always wanted to be a professional AFL player ... and he had to put in for, like, 10 years he was training. He had this one goal, and he got it.'
Tarlina Tipungwuti

As retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2017/body-image/

Thought it was a good read and spotted Tarlinas comments. Thought it makes Walla's story more awe inspiring and for players alike finals is the icing on the cake. Well done boys you do us proud.
The article though is an interactive article featuring some of the top 10 sports ladies of differing body images. Thanks for the ladies. Love you all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back