Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Okay: two games till season's end and barring a miracle by GC, our ladder position is set - so assuming we lose our next two (...today's perfomance makes it likely... ugh!) and assuming we don't trade up or down pre-draft, then pick five is ours.

So: the immortal question - in everyone's opinion, what position do we need to fill most, and whom do we pick to fill it?

All thoughts welcome.

Are there any teams with two picks in the top 20 through other trades or compo picks? I wouldn't mind trading pick 5 for two picks in the top 20 and using one of these to trade for McGovern while keeping the other one to use for ourselves.
Richmond and Brisbane .

Okay: two games till season's end and barring a miracle by GC, our ladder position is set - so assuming we lose our next two (...today's perfomance makes it likely... ugh!) and assuming we don't trade up or down pre-draft, then pick five is ours.

So: the immortal question - in everyone's opinion, what position do we need to fill most, and whom do we pick to fill it?

All thoughts welcome.
Not sure we need a seperate thread for this, that said external noise puts Brander on top of the KPF prospects and in the top 7ish picks so he'd be odds on favourite as long as we stay below Collingwood. If we get ahead of Collingwood or someone unexpected goes early on Brander then I'd then say the priority would be fwd>mid. I'm pretty happy with where 5ish of our best under the age of S Hill 22 lines are
FB Weller Pearce Logue
HB Hughes Hamling Ryan
C B Hill Neale S Hill
R Darcy Fyfe Blakely
HF Bennell Cox McCarthy
FF Walters ???? ????
I/C Tucker Langdon Crozier ????

Goal kickers are the clear priority for me

Not sure we need a seperate thread for this, that said external noise puts Brander on top of the KPF prospects and in the top 7ish picks so he'd be odds on favourite as long as we stay below Collingwood. If we get ahead of Collingwood or someone unexpected goes early on Brander then I'd then say the priority would be fwd>mid. I'm pretty happy with where 5ish of our best under the age of S Hill 22 lines are
FB Weller Pearce Logue
HB Hughes Hamling Ryan
C B Hill Neale S Hill
R Darcy Fyfe Blakely
HF Bennell Cox McCarthy
FF Walters ???? ????
I/C Tucker Langdon Crozier ????

Goal kickers are the clear priority for me
A fair point - I started the thread because personally I'm in the big KPF camp and I haven't seen any possible trading suggsstions that are going to land us a top five pick forward (Pav iirc went at no. 4) so personally I'd like us to use the pic, not trade it.

I was happy for us to trade our top pick last year given the way things went, but I'm not sure that kind lightning can strike twice.

Some folks say small forward, some say swingman, some say inside mid... for my money however we need a pack-crashing monster with permanent stigmata that constantly weep super-glue. ...I was wondering what the consensus was.

Go best available. Always go best available early in the draft.
This. Best available (excluding those who are likely to * off after their first contract) is the best option, particularly given where we are. We need more midfield depth and as we all know we need someone resembling a forward as well. Not against picking a back man either, though doesn't appear at this stage if any will be up at our pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All thoughts welcome.
In order of preference: Hogan, Brander then if neither pan out, best available.

Why?

Look at the wafl, no young midfielders developing there.

Blakely and Langdon both out with season ending injuries. Both Mids. Weller is a midfielder playing in the defence. Harley Bennell is also a player that will be spending time midfield.

I think it has to be Brander, but the risk is he will go home after 2 seasons. He's from GWS academy and they'd love payback.

Reasonable noise for Hogan.

Mitch McGovern with a downgrade.

Even take 2 of Richmonds first in exchange.

Fair few options.

I think it has to be Brander, but the risk is he will go home after 2 seasons. He's from GWS academy and they'd love payback.

Reasonable noise for Hogan.

Mitch McGovern with a downgrade.

Even take 2 of Richmonds first in exchange.

Fair few options.
GWS is nowhere near his home, it was a farce that he was in their zone in the first place

Back