Opinion Will We Play Finals

Southern 8

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After tonight little chance unfortunately. Thought if we made it we were a chance but now realise we have problems and too many important injuries.

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs
After tonight little chance unfortunately. Thought if we made it we were a chance but now realise we have problems and too many important injuries.
Pretty simple. 2 wins from 2 games. Won't happen going on tonight

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we have to go into a final with 18/19/20 yr olds defending against experienced big forwards we are in trouble. If we scrape in but Morris and Wood make miracle recoveries AND can play at best, slight hope. Poor Young was psychologically shattered last night. So crying out for Dale to give him support. Lack of experienced leadership in back half hurting. Not that it was an excuse for the waste of inside 50s at the other end but I reckon Dale and Easton would have stopped Lewis doing those risky disposals that crueled us in the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lets hope for the 4th draw of the season this time between the saints and dees

That's the best outcome but saints winning is a close second. They won't beat Richmond at the G meaning finishing 7th is still on. Finish 8th and we probably get Sydney ... of course we need to win the next 2.. we're favourites somehow

I don't think we will make it. its been a combination of many things, the tough draw, with extra travel early, players with poor preseasons, injuries again to our backline in conjunction with players either ageing quickly (Boyd) or not enough senior players balancing out the inexperienced youth. The team is so unbalanced especially Friday night.
Imagine if Adams and JJ had played against GWS on Friday night, we would have won with the ball moving a lot faster.

The Bulldogs have always been up against it, we don't have the home ground advantage of teams like Adelaide, Geelong, GWS and Sydney, but with the development of the two Bailey's and Young, we are already working to next year.

Next year we will have a longer preseason, which will give players a chance to recover their fitness and health, our draw won't be so tough due to missing finals, we will have a top 10 draft pick to use to trade in a good player.

Southern 8

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't think we will make it. its been a combination of many things, the tough draw, with extra travel early, players with poor preseasons, injuries again to our backline in conjunction with players either ageing quickly (Boyd) or not enough senior players balancing out the inexperienced youth. The team is so unbalanced especially Friday night.
Imagine if Adams and JJ had played against GWS on Friday night, we would have won with the ball moving a lot faster.

The Bulldogs have always been up against it, we don't have the home ground advantage of teams like Adelaide, Geelong, GWS and Sydney, but with the development of the two Bailey's and Young, we are already working to next year.

Next year we will have a longer preseason, which will give players a chance to recover their fitness and health, our draw won't be so tough due to missing finals, we will have a top 10 draft pick to use to trade in a good player.
hopefully have the rearl Libba back (the OP injury rumour makes sense), Wallis gets a proper pre season, Stringer hopefully gets his head right. Agree development of Dale, Williams, Young, McLean, and even boys who played vfl like Collins.

If we win both games, and west coast lose against gws, both you would think have a fairly good chance of happening, then we make it.

Dog Rising

All Australian
Jul 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WC highly likely to lose 2.
I'm not confident we can win either but that's a pity because we would get some defenders back before finals.
We would have to be the most injury prone team around.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
WC highly likely to lose 2.
I'm not confident we can win either but that's a pity because we would get some defenders back before finals.
We would have to be the most injury prone team around.

Most injury prone side not just now but in the last 2 years.

I have said this before but we really miss Toyd.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Big chance they beat Crows at home last round, Crows could be on top clear with nothing to play for

Really we can only blame ourselves when you think back to the last time we played WCE at Etihad.

They were there for the taking.

Been a funny season for us for so many reasons.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With our current form and injuries it is pretty difficult to win the 2 games required. This week we need JJ and Morris back to have show. Where else do we go with selection I do not know but you could consider the following to be dropped

Libba
Young
Cloke
Redpath
Stringer
Dickson

I guess I drop Cloke and Libba and move Wallis to half back

Last edited:

MKS70

Senior List
May 13, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still hopeful but................I think we have blown it. Our shots at goal have let us down and the injuries have not helped. :( Lets just hope they beat Port and go from there. Cannot express how much I dislike GWS and Toby Green.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still hopeful but................I think we have blown it. Our shots at goal have let us down and the injuries have not helped. :( Lets just hope they beat Port and go from there. Cannot express how much I dislike GWS and Toby Green.

With a few coming back we might just get there

Back