AFL 2017 - R21 - Port Adelaide v Collingwood 16:10 ACST Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2017-8-13_9-31-18.png

upload_2017-8-13_9-31-46.png
18° Mostly Sunny

SUMMARY
The Power will be desperate to respond after last weekend's embarrassing 84-point thumping at the hands of cross-town rival Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. It was the largest losing margin in Showdown history and almost ends the Power's chances of finishing in the top four. Securing a home elimination final would be the Power's goal through the remaining three games of the season, but they can also fall out of the top eight altogether. In contrast, the Magpies have won three of their past four, with the other game a draw, to keep their slim finals hopes alive. Every victory will help coach Nathan Buckley remain at Collingwood next season. The Magpies have shown in the past month they are capable of troubling any side in the competition, but the Power have too much at stake to turn in another horrible performance.

WHERE AND WHEN: Adelaide Oval, Sunday, August 13, 4.10pm ACST
TV AND RADIO: Click here for broadcast guide

LAST FIVE TIMES
R14, 2017, Port Adelaide 13.15 (93) d Collingwood 9.8 (62) at the MCG
R11, 2016, Port Adelaide 19.11 (125) d Collingwood 7.16 (58) at the MCG
R15, 2015, Port Adelaide 9.12 (66) d Collingwood 9.9 (63) at Adelaide Oval
R19, 2014, Collingwood 11.10 (76) d Port Adelaide 10.10 (70) at the MCG
2EF, 2013, Port Adelaide 12.15 (87) d Collingwood 9.9 (63) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS
1. Power star Robbie Gray booted five goals in his side's 31-point victory over the Magpies in round 14 at the MCG. Despite having 17 scoring shots to 28, the Magpies had the advantage in disposals (+78), marks (+22) and uncontested possessions (+84).

2. The Power only had 31 inside 50s in their 84-point Showdown loss to Adelaide last weekend, but still lead the League in Inside 50s, averaging 58.6 per game. The Magpies are ranked third with 56.3.

3. The ledger is an even 14 wins each in the 28 meetings between Port Adelaide and Collingwood. The Power have had the wood on the Magpies recently, winning five of the past six games.

4. The Power's scoring has dropped away dramatically in recent weeks. They averaged 104 points per game in their first 16 matches, but only 58 in their last three.

5. After a terrible start to the season, the Magpies have won three of their last four games and had a draw. It's their best non-losing sequence since winning four in a row in rounds 8-11 in 2015.

6. Magpies midfielder Taylor Adams is in a purple patch of form, according to the Schick AFL Player Ratings. Adams is ranked fifth in the League from rounds 17-20 averaging 19 rankings points per game. He was 64th in the competition from rounds 1-16, averaging 13 rankings points per game.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …
Alex Fasolo.
The Magpies forward will be hoping to celebrate his 100th AFL game with a victory. The 25-year-old has kicked 29 goals this season, but only two in his past three games.

PREDICTION: Port Adelaide by 14 points

Collingwood at $3.15 is VERY good value.

Port haven't beaten a top 8 team for nearly 2 years.

I'm well aware that the Pies are NOT a top 8 team, but their percentage shows that they are much better than the teams surrounding them on the ladder. I think Port are not deserving of where they sit on the ladder either and their easy fixture has allowed them to win many easy games and put them up higher than they are worth. I would think that these teams are very very even. Both of them are Bottom half of the top 8/Top half of the bottom 8 teams. I think Collingwood can win, but without Wells it will be hard. When he plays we win, when he is out are all the games we have lost this season. Port making all these changes may also unsettle their team.

So in conclusion.. I have absolutely no idea who will win or by how much. Could be close or could be a 60 pointer either way. But what I do know is that we are for a total crap fest of a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide and the top 8 myth.... geez make your own minds up rather than parroting "fake news".

We are not very good, the position on the table flatters us, we quite possibly could still miss finals, but we have actually beaten top 8 sides over the last 2 seasons 3 times (incl Syd rd 1 as grand finalists), and all of them away from home. But it doesnt ultimately matter of course.

Port haven't beaten a top 8 team for nearly 2 years.

I'm well aware that the Pies are NOT a top 8 team, but their percentage shows that they are much better than the teams surrounding them on the ladder. I think Port are not deserving of where they sit on the ladder either and their easy fixture has allowed them to win many easy games and put them up higher than they are worth. I would think that these teams are very very even. Both of them are Bottom half of the top 8/Top half of the bottom 8 teams. I think Collingwood can win, but without Wells it will be hard. When he plays we win, when he is out are all the games we have lost this season. Port making all these changes may also unsettle their team.

So in conclusion.. I have absolutely no idea who will win or by how much. Could be close or could be a 60 pointer either way. But what I do know is that we are for a total crap fest of a game.

_7QRq3S41NfK-Oove7kw_MZZEw8T-OicGDgL_m2VW9w9iK1h8U1MxHX-tHDRE1AoMKuFwgmBJAqcJSM60hzsY8u9lHFsP9-LxxM-EbGilkNQ2x2KYKq1MAn6peiRF5mrAg=w400-h160-nc

For some reason I think Collingwood may get up.

Port Adelaide and the top 8 myth.... geez make your own minds up rather than parroting "fake news".

We are not very good, the position on the table flatters us, we quite possibly could still miss finals, but we have actually beaten top 8 sides over the last 2 seasons 3 times (incl Syd rd 1 as grand finalists), and all of them away from home. But it doesnt ultimately matter of course.
TBH, that's not many.

Hahaha dinky little sideways kicks around the back half.

If our side were smart we'd have learned after about round two that we simply don't have the skill level to play that way.

Hahaha dinky little sideways kicks around the back half.

If our side were smart we'd have learned after about round two that we simply don't have the skill level to play that way.
Round 2, 2014 you mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back