Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Saturday 19/08/17 @ 7:25 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast Suns aren't using three tall forwards now Tom Lynch is out.
So Hartley coming back in makes no sense to those suggesting it, not unless Ambrose goes out or Hurley is rested.
He's also our most logical match up for Wright

Time to throw to a few youngsters and bring in some excitement. Some passengers have had too long and Watson deserves to play out the year. Hartley I would have brought in but not for Gold Coasts forward line.

Baguley Ambrose Gleeson
McKenna Hurley McGrath
Goddard Merrett Zaharakis
Laverde Daniher Stewart
Begley Hooker Walla
Bellchambers Heppell Myers
Watson Kelly Mutch Parish

Ins:
Zach Merrett; really missed his quarterback role giving that option and kick to get the ball out of defense.
Bird: Extra grunt and experience in the midfield.
Begley: Has been held out of the team for too long - while others fumble and have little impact on the game.

edit: forgot Baugley

Out:
Colyer; I've been calling for him to go to the VFL since before the bye. As has been said (BPB maybe) he plays like a second ruck - where even players like Stewart are better below the knees.
Howlett: tries hard but doesn't impact the game enough.
Green: Is the Howlett of the forward line.

Last edited:
In Hartley, Baguley, Zac Merrett, Begley
Out Dea, Howlett, Watson (rest), Laverde(terrible)

Bombers by 24.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Colyer (surely)
In: Merrett

Leuenberger did a pretty effective job on Jacobs last night with many pointing out today that the latter struggled to have an impact. Leuy stays in.

Leuy stays in for sure for me.

Begley must come in for Colyer. The token one goal per game is worthless if for every fumble below the kness or ineffective disposal we miss out on a goal or get one scored against us. Enough is enough. Have a massive pre-season, Travis.

Mutch for Watson: I like the idea of resting Watto. If we win, great, Watson could come in fresh for Freo. If we lose we don't play finals and Watson against Freo for a final game is a dead cert.

Hartley needs to match up with one of the bigger GC forwards and distributes better than Dea.
Merrett for Howlett.

I'd like Laverde in through midfield... not sure who makes way though, so maybe not.

Reckon we would be improved with the following changes. And show respect to the guys that went through all that ASADA crap.

Hocking for Watson (rested)
Stanton for Colyer
Z Merrett for Howlett
Begley for Laverde
TBC for Luey
Baguley for Dea
Stanton should get a farewell game for sure

Reckon we would be improved with the following changes. And show respect to the guys that went through all that ASADA crap.

Hocking for Watson (rested)
Stanton for Colyer
Z Merrett for Howlett
Begley for Laverde
TBC for Luey
Baguley for Dea
Wouldn't surprise me much if that was the case. I would question Hocking and Stanton coming in before we're out of the finals race though; Hocking will be a million miles off the pace and we could do better than Stanton for Colyer if we need to drop Colyer. They'd be likely enough changes in round 23 if we lose to GC next weekend though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back